Game-Labs Forum

'Prince de Neufchatel' American Schooner (With Plans)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/8/2017 at 5:29 AM, Hethwill said:

Rummaging through the shipyard I must say this is one of the ship i'm most anxious to see included.

I remember there was a hint or mention of it being worked on and maybe in the next ships to come.  I been wondering if it will show up any time soon.  Basically a privateer with bow chasers.   It will be a traders worse night mare in the shallows.

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2017 at 11:04 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

I remember there was a hint or mention of it being worked on and maybe in the next ships to come.  I been wondering if it will show up any time soon.  Basically a privateer with bow chasers.   It will be a traders worse night mare in the shallows.

The ship is in the text files.  I haven't dug into the asset files to see if there are any textures but maybe I need to.  Though a while back I posted textures for the Kepler and LGV on the forums and apparently I wasn't supposed to find those so maybe they are keeping all the new ships out of the public version.  I'd pay real life money for this ship if it is premium.  Game Labs, take my money.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Prater said:

The ship is in the text files.  I haven't dug into the asset files to see if there are any textures but maybe I need to.  Though a while back I posted textures for the Kepler and LGV on the forums and apparently I wasn't supposed to find those so maybe they are keeping all the new ships out of the public version.  I'd pay real life money for this ship if it is premium.  Game Labs, take my money.

Way too useful to be a premium ship. She would take over the OW like Rattlesnake did.

6 minutes ago, maturin said:

Way too useful to be a premium ship. She would take over the OW like Rattlesnake did.

Yah by what I was look at she would be between the Rattlesnake and Privateer.  I would have some fun in her for sure.

Been missing the Rattlesnake lately, hope it gets back in some time soon.

• 7 months later...
On 8.7.2015 at 11:44 PM, Prater said:

The prettiest ship you would ever see.  The Pickle on steriods.  Smooth lines, unique sail plan, sharp bite.  This is the ultimate privateer ship. 

The Victory might be a sledgehammer, the Constitution a Bowie Knife, this here is a surgeon's scalpel.

Yes, it lost in the player selected ship poll for 2015, but this would be a very good addition to the game.  It carries a hermaphrodite rig similar (yet very different from) the Pickle and is heavily armed (18 guns) and manned (130 crew).  It is extremely fast.  At the least make it a premium ship if you don't want it to be a regular ship.  I and others would pay good RL money for her.

m110476-r.jpg

princeplan01.jpg

princeplan03.jpg

princeplan02.jpg

http://www.1812privateers.org/United%20States/PRINCE/princeINDEX.html

Very nice post! But the plans aren't really that much. Especially if you want to build a model of the ship. Are there more plans aviable?

I tried contacting the devs about it but the email I used didn't seems to work.

6 hours ago, Nuntius Mortis said:

Very nice post! But the plans aren't really that much. Especially if you want to build a model of the ship. Are there more plans aviable?

I tried contacting the devs about it but the email I used didn't seems to work.

Not sure if I understand your post. The Prince is already in game, not sure what the devs would be for?

1 minute ago, Nuntius Mortis said:

I need more original plans to build a small model of it. And I thought the Devs might have that.

Ah, makes sense. I'm not sure who build the 3d model of it for the game. I seem to recall a thread on here that had the model in it. Maybe if you can find it, pm the creator directly?

• 2 years later...

I read recently the difference between a boat and ship. A boat can bank into a turn but a ship will bank away from the turn. For example a speedboat or a uboat will bank in the direction of the turn but a ship will bank away from the turn.