Game-Labs Forum

Open world behavior and chat bans

So admins don't have to follow the rules? They can skip the warnings and ban people for a week at a time then argue with players in nation chat about it? Then justify it saying people couldn't swear

Forum rules require warnings, but forum rules do not apply to the game.

In the game the moderators can ban people for a week without warning if something especially vile was said. 

discussions of moderation are not allowed 

bans if issued are in 99% of cases are proper.

So mods can act inappropriately and we can't report them? I can't report a mod for making misogynistic statements? I can't report a mod for throwing bans at people who disagreed with him in chat? And he can ignore the posted punishment system?

So mods can act inappropriately and we can't report them? I can't report a mod for making misogynistic statements? I can't report a mod for throwing bans at people who disagreed with him in chat? And he can ignore the posted punishment system?

you are misrepresenting the facts now

i seen the logs - mod said as an example that there was no free speech in the 18th century and women could not vote then. you are now twisting the facts. This is not reportable behavior because its a fact.

There were no bans without reason. You for example are freely talking here and in game even if you disagreed with everything above.

• Like 1

Forum rules require warnings, but forum rules do not apply to the game.

In the game the moderators can ban people for a week without warning if something especially vile was said. 

To clarify, the "escalation chart" (1st is a warning, second is a 2 day premoderation, etc) is a guideline.  It's what is generally followed in minor cases.  At any time, based on the severity of the offense, a user may go straight from no warnings to a suspension or ban without passing any of those steps.

Captains should not feel that they can get away with being nasty to others or breaking the rules a few times before it becomes "serious".  If your behavior is severe enough, you can find yourself with a chat ban or forums suspension on your first violation.

Please follow the rules and treat each other with respect.

• Like 1

His example of why we don't have free speech isn't accurate historically, maybe for the nation players but not pirates. So I can sail around talking about how great it is that men are men and women are still property?  What about where he said he was ignoring the rules and that he said he shouldn't do that but he was going to do it anyways?

Posted rules say 1 day warning, then 3 day ban then a week ban. It says forum posts depending on severity can be bypassed for a longer ban but it doesn't say anything about in game. So it's ok for the admins to ignore the posted rules and dole out bans based on their own opinions? People in my clan got seven day bans right off the bat with no warning, no first offense no nothing. So you get a week ban with no warning for calling someone a nerd? That's fair.

Warnings and bans Policy

The list below shows the structure of our warning and suspension policy. This policy may be bypassed completely in favor of permanent revocation of a forum user’s posting privileges.

1st  offence – warning

2nd  offence – 2 day pre-moderation

3rd  offence – 2 suspension

4th offence– 7 day suspension

5th offence or more – 14 day suspension

Additional warnings can result in a permanent ban depending on the severity of the case

To clarify, the "escalation chart" (1st is a warning, second is a 2 day premoderation, etc) is a guideline.  It's what is generally followed in minor cases.  At any time, based on the severity of the offense, a user may go straight from no warnings to a suspension or ban without passing any of those steps.

Captains should not feel that they can get away with being nasty to others or breaking the rules a few times before it becomes "serious".  If your behavior is severe enough, you can find yourself with a chat ban or forums suspension on your first violation.

Please follow the rules and treat each other with respect.

So nerd is so severe it requires a week ban? Not to mention those who reported the nerd statement were saying things much worse they just had more people to click report.

The forum rules are also the in-game rules.  Change terminology to fit as needed.  Trolling, off topic, etc. all still applies in the game.

As to the rest, you have asked, Admin has answered you.  Please follow the rules.

So the ban structure doesn't matter? They can dole them out based on how they feel? So calling someone a nerd is so severe it demands a week ban with no warning? Yes calling someone a fucking moron as was one of the bans today. So those are equal severity?

So the ban structure doesn't matter? They can dole them out based on how they feel? So calling someone a nerd is so severe it demands a week ban with no warning? Yes calling someone a fucking moron as was one of the bans today. So those are equal severity?

The case you brought today did not refer to nerd statement. Three people that were banned that moment did not use nerd as a word. 

Some captains have short memory and short temper. They remember they used nerd as a word and forget they said things that are much worse. No - one ever was banned for calling someone a nerd. 

And yes. ban structure matters but if people ignored the warning and continued their free speech laughing off the warning they received in front of the mods they will be banned on the spot.  

Prithee be careful.

• Like 2

The case you brought today did not refer to nerd statement. Three people that were banned that moment did not use nerd as a word. 

Some captains have short memory and short temper. They remember they used nerd as a word and forget they said things that are much worse. No - one ever was banned for calling someone a nerd. 

And yes. ban structure matters but if people ignored the warning and continued their free speech laughing off the warning they received in front of the mods they will be banned on the spot.  

Prithee be careful.

I wasn't talking about today with the nerd comment. I have people in my clan banned for calling people super nerds. No warning first offense full week ban,

gentlemen and ladies...I used to come to these forums for information and useful discussion.  Those days appear to be something of the past.  Childish and churlish behavior are on the rise.  A game, even one as wonderful and inspiring as Naval Action is not the place to make social corrections.  Those who disrespect others and have zero concept of the importance of getting along in the group should have no place in the game.  These small groups of self proclaimed "liberty" fighters are not fighting for my liberty, they are merely trying to enforce their bad behavior as a standard for others.  Personal freedom requires a large portion of personal responsibility.  Either grow up and show others respect and tolerance or go away...just say'n.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Ya sorry PowDerhorn not real worth doing good example why

A year ago made probably 100 reports in one day 1 for every person who was rotten in chat months goes by and you know what nothing ever became of any of them every day the same thing bad language.

i even tried it i had a guy do it to me every day for five months i said 100 horrible things from racism to death threats to him each day and he reported it it was just a test [we knew it men't nothing] and presto nothing again so tell me now does it work hmmmmm? ill say it for you.

PowDerhorn reply's

no it doesn't work thx for the info you like totally a god hail pickle he's so vinegary

ok maybe not quit like that but you get the point.

Edited by Captain Pickle

• 2 weeks later...

or will they maybe its fake. It seams more and more a waist of time in game reports had a guy get racist on me last week was racist all week reported him all week did anything happen nope o and to clarify he harassed me all week with it so ya and the smart ass got real creative too didnt even think it could be done when i final put him on ignore guess what he did to just break it he pulled me into battles and even followed me into them so ya theirs Mr. racist rat on the far flank outside of battle just mouthing off care to weigh in on this.

Edited by Captain Pickle

19 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

or will they maybe its fake. It seams more and more a waist of time in game reports had a guy get racist on me last week was racist all week reported him all week did anything happen nope o and to clarify he harassed me all week with it so ya and the smart ass got real creative too didnt even think it could be done when i final put him on ignore guess what he did to just break it he pulled me into battles and even followed me into them so ya theirs Mr. racist rat on the far flank outside of battle just mouthing off care to weigh in on this.

Chat bans are done each week, provide more details including nicknames to investigate here or in private message.

On 08.11.2016 at 0:48 AM, Captain Pickle said:

i even tried it i had a guy do it to me every day for five months i said 100 horrible things from racism to death threats to him each day and he reported it it was just a test [we knew it men't nothing] and presto nothing again so tell me now does it work hmmmmm? ill say it for you.

Same for this

Well, first off, a chat ban isn't really a big deal, and 2nd, if you got chat banned, you must have done something quite egregious.  It seems to me that anybody who complains about being banned probably deserved it, simply because they're complainers.  

Edited by oldcrankyman
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

You are true for the most part were lucky people haven't reached the point as to Photoshop evidence to ether get people chat banned or banned all together however i find it more entertaining to read some of the things people should be getting chat banned for and having a good laugh out of it.

The only way people get chat violations reported and acted upon is to use the in-game report feature.  Specifically due to Photoshop and other troll tricks.  Ink is asking you about specifics so he can check the in-game reporting system.  Please answer his question and stop trolling this thread.  Thank you.

Clearly you haven't read any of my posts on this topic i have done my own inquiry on the system i reported my findings the systems a problem i have even used my self as a test subject with the in game reporting service its a laugh and as for photoshoping the evidence ya it would work why simple take it to the tribunal and there you have it since the tribunal has a connection to the developers by some stroke of luck and don't go saying it wont work i have seen the tribunal do it. 

And i have answered his question as clearly as a can make it clearly you must be harboring some resentment from the past to come back and pester me again. further more if INK wishes for a more clearer description he can ask me DIRECT not through YOU hes capable of doing so unless you are ink as well i wouldn't doubt it.

Edited by Captain Pickle

On 12/10/2016 at 5:32 PM, Captain Pickle said:

Clearly you haven't read any of my posts on this topic i have done my own inquiry on the system i reported my findings the systems a problem i have even used my self as a test subject with the in game reporting service its a laugh and as for photoshoping the evidence ya it would work why simple take it to the tribunal and there you have it since the tribunal has a connection to the developers by some stroke of luck and don't go saying it wont work i have seen the tribunal do it. 

And i have answered his question as clearly as a can make it clearly you must be harboring some resentment from the past to come back and pester me again. further more if INK wishes for a more clearer description he can ask me DIRECT not through YOU hes capable of doing so unless you are ink as well i wouldn't doubt it.

My job on these forums, as I've explained in the past, is to enforce the rules.  The rule is - flat out - chat violations are to be reported via the in-game report system, NOT on Tribunal.  Ink has posted himself today in response to a Chat-based Tribunal thread this very statement.

This is not negotiable.

• Like 1