Game-Labs Forum

Merchant Ship Collection (With Plans)

Ned Loe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

As far as I remember, thirdrate and at least a second rate (maybe first rate) trader ships were announced - do we know when we  will get them? I belive it was indiaman class but bigger - But actualy I'm not sure cause I'm not able to find that post again... Does someone knows something about bigger upcoming merchant ships? (or the link to the old post)

the hull of this ship is identical to that of the farquharson ( which i have built and has been posted to the forum) the only difference is the stern galleries

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/9565-farquharson-largest-most-well-armed-and-very-fast-merchant-ship-3d-model/

f8006dd63cdf.jpg

At a guess would say the Indiaman plan there is from about 1790 or perhaps 1800, Farquharson is the same basic design with 20-30 years of refinement.

Best I can describe the layout is "spar decked frigate with 2nd layer of stern cabins", having a spar deck allowed these Indiamen to carry their normal armament of 26 guns on the weather deck, leaving all internal decks for passengers and cargo. Became the standard large Indiaman design.

The Royal Navy brought some of these Indiamen in the 1790s and used them as 56 gun 4th rates, the carronade armed HMS Glatton which defeated a squadron of 7 french frigates and smaller vessels was one of them (if Glatton was to ever be added to NA, the plan above would be a perfect base for the model).

The Royal Navy brought some of these Indiamen in the 1790s and used them as 56 gun 4th rates, the carronade armed HMS Glatton which defeated a squadron of 7 french frigates and smaller vessels was one of them (if Glatton was to ever be added to NA, the plan above would be a perfect base for the model).

Why do that when we have Glatton's real plans? http://prints.rmg.co.uk/art/493871/glatton-1795-ex-east-india-company-glatton

• 10 months later...

Guys I been following for a while and checking out some drawings but most seem small and lower quality which I know is usually because of forum needs.

However I am wanting to do an east Indiaman in full scale with solidworks and was wondering if anyone has any HD good clear drawings of one. I had found an excellent set at large scale dimensions on the image 10000 but cant seem to find it after a major computer crash forcing me to get new system.

So does anyone have  a really nice set they could share with me to replace the ones I lost?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hey I thought I am going to share some Dutch Merchantmen, some drawing were made by Chapman, some are from different countrie's, who are capable to sail the 7 sea's 

20171201_223511.thumb.jpg.9692ba12b6827450908a3dc92a244cc8.jpg

A Pink, pinkschip

20171201_223717.thumb.jpg.6b2f663fbf026f9e905f52e08eecb208.jpg

a Voc Packetboat, Pakketboot20171201_223822.thumb.jpg.fee775b96ea8f3130ea85d5061d55b56.jpg

Sail plan from a from a Hoeker, 179020171217_222915.thumb.png.dfb4bda90285c66a8c3c1edb18cc45d7.png

a Snauw, Snaw, Snow, 1765

Still planning to do of the Spiegelretourships, which includes the Pieter Paulus, 68 gun 1800 and more merchantman.

If somebody wants to have a High res of it i can also scan it in, this was a mobile pic

Edited by pietjenoob
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Malachi said:

what's the name of the book, piet? 🙂 

I will let you know when I am back from work, it is in Dutch btw, this one mainly focusses on the Dutch Merchantman and Fisherman. There quit a few in it that are inland ships but more than enough Northsea/7 seas capable ships. The fisherman also could dual act as a trader like the Hoeker

Edited by pietjenoob
  • Like 1

@Malachi

The books for you, more Fishing focused is the Buizen, Bommen, Bonzen en Botters: Zeilschepen van de Lage landen: De Visserij by Hans Haalmeijer and Dik Vuik

The more trading focused is the Pinassen, Fluiten en Galjassen: Zeilschepen van de Lage Landen: Kustvaart en Grote Vaart by Hans Haalmeijer 

• Like 1