Game-Labs Forum

Booyaah's One Google Map to rule them all !!

Well thanks Barberouge, looks like there is some work to be done.  I've had several ppl tell me since the patch they still like my map due to it having coords and (partial) resource listing.  But now I see there is an in-game map, I guess it is only a matter of time once you guys implement a moveable compass and grid lines, there probably won't be too much use for these outside maps anymore.  Although I assume the in-game map will be covered in fog of war at the start when the game goes to EA?

Hey guys I updated all the capital ports and a majority of the ports that went from pirate to neutral and vice versa.  There's still some more work to be done.

Also, if you see a port with a capital U (stands for updated) next to the coords, it means I have updated the port goods produced listing since the crafting patch.  Currently I have done a majority of US and bahamas and am starting on the neutral ports in Cuba.  

If there is no U, then then those are old production notes and should be ignored.

Yes, I have not had time to update everything 100% as I need to do another pass (probably a few more hours of work).  Things have been pretty crazy with the crafting patch.

Please note, resource listings should be ignored unless you see a U (for updated) next to the in-game coords.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a particular reason to hide 1 island but not all the others?  If its not some kind of cheat or dev's playground not much reason to hide that one and not all the others in open water.

If it IS dev's playground thats fine, just say that and people will know to not bother with it.

Is there a way to help with updating?  Notice some ports still show neut that are now Pirate.

I'd be glad to help as I've been taking screenshots of the 'inside' of every port I can dock at.

Please send me a forum PM with your email address registered to your google account and I will add you to the editor's list.  I currently am looking for some nice ppl who sail in the lesser Antilles to update the resources produced for those ports.  I am hindered in my ability to update things quickly without an alt now to do my exploring :(

Is there a particular reason to hide 1 island but not all the others?  If its not some kind of cheat or dev's playground not much reason to hide that one and not all the others in open water.

If it IS dev's playground thats fine, just say that and people will know to not bother with it.

If you are talking about Kidd's Harbor, no there is nothing really secret about it anymore, I just need to add it.  I keep forgetting to add it :P

Edited by Booyaah

Hello again everyone.

Apparently there were more than a few things wrong with my map.  I have finally fixed all the Pirate Ports that are supposed to be Neutral and added 5 or so new ports that were missing and have verified the data against others.  The map should now be accurate for the current patch finally.  Sorry it took so long.

Still looking for a few brave souls to map port resources, send a PM if interested.

• Like 1

Hello again everyone.

Apparently there were more than a few things wrong with my map.  I have finally fixed all the Pirate Ports that are supposed to be Neutral and added 5 or so new ports that were missing and have verified the data against others.  The map should now be accurate for the current patch finally.  Sorry it took so long.

Still looking for a few brave souls to map port resources, send a PM if interested.

I am working on this for you, just haven't had much game time in the last week or time to input the port resources.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've marked (most) of the Regional Capitals and added the new Free Town and other ports.  Note regional and main capitals are the only ports where you can buy assault flags to do port battles.  As of right now the regional capitals are not capturable but the rumor is that will change next week.

Lastly, while I might occasionally update the port ownership (once a week maybe) if uncontested parts of the map stay more or less static, but I will not be updating the port ownership on a daily basis.  You can use the in-game map for that.  The in-game map will update once per day after each night of server maintenance.

Edited by Booyaah

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the providing the updates Sappo!  Now I just need to get someone who has explored South America and Mexico :)

Also I'm wondering if there is a port in Bermuda...wondering if anyone has taken the time to try and actually find it.

In a thought to sail to Bermuda, I looked at its location in the map built into the Game.  On that map, Bermuda was placed due east of Swannsborough/Wilmington.

However, in the map available in NavalActionCraft.com (which appears to be based on the Real Life Google Maps, overlaid with NA location names) ... 

... Bermuda is located due east of Beaufort, South Carolina.  Which is my recollection based on my honeymoon there in 1980.

Who has actually succeeded in sailing to Bda, in NA ... and which is correct for NA purposes?  

My money is on the proposition that NA devs *moved Bermuda* north.  Why?  Ask the conspiracy theorists.

~ HK ~