Game-Labs Forum

Part 1 OW guide Getting Started.

New Redux 

Nov 1st 2015 USN Getting Started 

Hey Guys.

This is not all you will need to know but part 1 is a brief overview of outposts and a quick sail.

Edited by Young
  • Like 18

Nice work! This is quite helpful, a good preparatory course for those of us not yet in OW.

Will this be a series?

Yes sir working on the next one now keep getting side tracked so far you are going to see me running for my life and setting a ship on fire!!! stay tuned :P

• Like 3

Oh my goodness, this is great, learned more in just watching this vid than I did in a week of trying to muddle through myself, just wished I`d had this  a week ago before I posted that dumb assed post about going back to sea trials. I hereby withdraw all of my comments and  do make apology to anyone I offended.   . :wub:

• Like 1

second video up in General Discussion section NA on Youtube. 

well they are kind of related so ill edit the first post but all future videos guides and other will be posted on the Youtube thread.

Edited by Young

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the video. but that speed increase in open world somehow annoys me. why not just scaling down the map? its not very immersive and doesnt look like sailing either.

There is a good explanation in the other thread why scaling down wont be so good either: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/5185-open-world-world-size-port-locations-map-problems-discussions/?p=102567

Thanks for the video, very nice for all of us who can't try it, yet.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Young, best beginners guide yet, for getting started. I hadn't a clue about what all the controls were for when entering an action. There is still a lot I don't understand about this game, as I have never played anything like it before. There is so much to it, it could do with a good tutorial manual. I hope that this will come, when the game is fully developed. Meanwhile, I am just managing to get through the basics, to increase my ratings.