Game-Labs Forum

Open world: technical problems, glitches, bugs and workarounds

admin

New Year's Eve-

The Saturday Update brought troubling issues at Sunbury.  As the log in finished, I went to Sunbury to use my Surprise ship to help a new player get leveled up.  The Sunbury port shows that I have 2 Surprise ships ( I only own one)...

If I selected one of the Surprise ships to use...details on the port's home screen would show up.  If I checked a Surprise (blued) and then clicked on the Equipment page- it shows an inventory hold on a ship- but there are no details on which ship I had selected from the Home screen.  I had other ships parked at Sunbury at this time (Three Traders Brigs in fact)- and a couple of Frigates of different builds.  So I assumed there may be a software glitch- 
I logged off then back on only to discover I still had issues attempting to use the Surprise ship at Sunbury- except that now...Sunbury showed me as having Three (3) Surprise ships.  

I logged out again- told Steam to remove the game/simulation from the drive and to do another install.

I logged in again to Sunbury and discovered that not only did the port show I had 3 Surprise ships, it didn't show any of my Trader Brigs now.  They were gone and no other ports that I have permits for showed them as well.  

So now I felt it was gravely important to reveal this issue here in the hopes that this will be passed on to the developers.  

In short, I've lost 3 Trader Brigs and 1 Surprise...as well as expanded dock space  that isn't available after purchasing that is needed for various trading services.

Sunbury is a vital port for me as it is the chosen location for my Ship Building investment as well as a strategic port for assisting others ..with expanded docks and expanded warehouse for collecting parts used to build ships.  So its fair bet to be concerned since Sunbury shows ships that I'm unable to use...ships that turn up missing that I've moored at Sunbury- including alot of time, gold and effort spent acquiring ships such as Constitution, Tricon Indefatigue, Essex and Bellona ...

Also, since I have 3 ships reporting for use, while missing 3 traders that I need, now the program tells me I'm unable to buy any other ship...I was also forced to sell off a favorite Renom to make room for a trade (letting a player use one of my Indiaman)

So, if possible, please forward this letter to the developers for their consideration- Sunbury simply has far more time and gold invested for it to become an abandoned port of disturbing experience. 

Thank You for Your Attention-
JoseyWales- Flag Captain

10 hours ago, JoseyWales said:

General Game Issue #12-15
Unable to repair in port- having to purchase repair consumables then exit port to docks and do the repairs..then enter port again to purchase more and more repair consumables... 

You can't repair in port with the consumables. 

Under the home tab you can click on repair. This only costs some Gold.

9 minutes ago, Stepp636 said:

You can't repair in port with the consumables. 

Under the home tab you can click on repair. This only costs some Gold.

Are you a developer?  

General Game Issue #12-15
I am NOT able to repair in port-  instead I'm having to purchase repair consumables then exit port to docks to do the repairs..then enter port again to purchase more and more repair consumables... 

• 3 weeks later...

A very old one, just to bring it back up in the to-do list:

Crew (Gunners) on Cerberus have clipping issues with the deck. They are to tall for the ship or the decks aren't high enough, so their heads pop out through the planks:)

edit: sorry - this is OW Thread, I just realized. Sorry, my fault.

Edited by blademage
OW/battle mistake

• 5 months later...

Hi,

i'm experiencing two problems after installing NA on my new computer:

1. After i press start at the player selection the black dot in the lower left corner appears, then nothing happens (only the exit button works).

I already looked if my firewall puts any restrictions to the game, but it doesn't. I tried starting the game sveral times, mostly it didn't work, but twice i got past the player selection, leading to problem number 2:

I can't enter any ports (not even my capitol).

Hope you can help me,

thanks already in advance

@ditschAre you running Kaspersky AV? There seems to be a problem with their latest version.

Try adding NA's client.exe to "trustworthy programs" only and setting the exception: "Do not scan entire / encrypted network traffic". Still hoping for a fix by Kaspersky...

Edited by Archer11

43 minutes ago, ditsch said:

Hi,

i'm experiencing two problems after installing NA on my new computer:

1. After i press start at the player selection the black dot in the lower left corner appears, then nothing happens (only the exit button works).

Captain, the black dot indicates that the Naval Action app is blocked by a firewall/antivirus. Please re-check the settings and ports needed for the game (8089, 5672, 5222, 21020-21036, 7401-7600 ports)

Thanks for your help.

Changing the Kaspersky settings solved the problem.

Strange thing is: I still can't enter any port and it seems i'm put back into the same place when i start the game, even when i have left it elsewhere before.

On 6/29/2018 at 4:49 AM, Ink said:

Captain, the black dot indicates that the Naval Action app is blocked by a firewall/antivirus. Please re-check the settings and ports needed for the game (8089, 5672, 5222, 21020-21036, 7401-7600 ports)

INK- could you post a link somewhere or tell us the best way to check our computers to see if these ports are being blocked? Thanks in advance

20 hours ago, Sparkydog said:

INK- could you post a link somewhere or tell us the best way to check our computers to see if these ports are being blocked? Thanks in advance

Captain, it depends on a firewall/antivirus software, there are plenty of them. In-built help of those applications has all the needed information how to manage an application (Naval Action client.exe in our case).

If you are stuck in a character selection screen while loading into the game, and you have a black dot in the bottom left corner, 99% is that the game (client.exe from Naval Action folder in Steam) is blocked by a firewall/antivirus.