1,497 posts in this topic

Hi captains and Dev's

i likes to see :

in the new Ui, 

a system for taxation,

- clan tax   

+

- Harbor tax for the local ports or region

No taxation without representation!!  We may have to go to war over this.....

3 people like this

8 hours ago, Thonys said:

- clan tax   

Obviously since clans are of differing sizes, a clan could be 2 people or 40 people for example, the proposed clan tax would need to be a per-person tax.  Otherwise why would the 2-person clan have a 20-person burden on each individual?

Which brings to light the idea that since most people are a member of some-sized clan, then that tax really should just be a nation tax on every individual instead.

2 hours ago, Pad Seayew said:

If every individual paid a tax, then they deserve something for it, like representation.  Well, really we already have that (without the tax, currently) in that you can vote.  The only representation you may not have is when decisions are made by groups over TS without everyone participating.  But really, you can still play any way you like, so it effectively doesn't matter.

Edited by Jean Ribault
1 person likes this

22 hours ago, Thonys said:

a system for taxation,

What should any tax income be used for? And who will decide about that?

16 hours ago, Pad Seayew said:

well flags are not coming cheap 

for instance,

but clans must do something to make content for their members and that can cost something

Don't know if this has been covered, but fleet ships carrying trade goods. Then you could defend your own convoy, better use of your time.

4 people like this

What Wobbly said.

And a "political" system that actually makes sense. Ally/Friend/Neutral/Enemy/War makes more sense than Ally or Enemy with nothing in between.

Edit:

Friend people other than those in you own nation. I have trade partners who aren't in my nation.

Edited by Challenge
Forgot one:
2 people like this

I would just like to see realistic crew requirements!

Maybe it's just me but the crew requirements as they now stand are screwed, try to picture what it would be like to be on the deck of one of these little ships (yes little just go visit a museum ship like the Constitution or the Trincomalee), with the number of crew the dev's think are needed to man the guns & sails, it would become an unmanageable mess... all assholes & elbows!.

Our choice is to always sail under gunned or under crewed.

7 hours ago, JimDandy said:

I would just like to see realistic crew requirements!

Maybe it's just me but the crew requirements as they now stand are screwed, try to picture what it would be like to be on the deck of one of these little ships (yes little just go visit a museum ship like the Constitution or the Trincomalee), with the number of crew the dev's think are needed to man the guns & sails, it would become an unmanageable mess... all assholes & elbows!.

Our choice is to always sail under gunned or under crewed.

Well, the Constitution you mention had a crew count of 450 souls. (http://www.navysite.de/ships/const.htm)

2 people like this

Yes it did!

However in NA a Constitution with full armament requires 518 crew.

In this game class 5 & 6 ships seem to be most adversely affected by the gun crew requirement. I once spent some time calculating all class 5 & 6 crew requirements... don't know what happened to my notes, it was awhile back, but the upshot was the allotted crews for these ships is woefully inadequate. With the introduction of splinter damage to the degree it has been employed this really matters.

I know this won't be changed so it's really a mute point... I'm just say'in!

1 person likes this

er... gun crew services 2 guns with several elements on rotation.

1 minute ago, JimDandy said:

Yes it did!

However in NA a Constitution with full armament requires 518 crew.

In this game class 5 & 6 ships seem to be most adversely affected by the gun crew requirement. I once spent some time calculating all class 5 & 6 crew requirements... don't know what happened to my notes, it was awhile back, but the upshot was the allotted crews for these ships is woefully inadequate. With the introduction of splinter damage to the degree it has been employed this really matters.

I know this won't be changed so it's really a mute point... I'm just say'in!

Yes, there are many ships that are under crewed for guns. But this is why you need a ship with crew space and extra hammocks. Or you need to get in the habit of using your F1-F5 keys to turn off decks or entire sides.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, van der Decken said:

Yes, there are many ships that are under crewed for guns. But this is why you need a ship with crew space and extra hammocks. Or you need to get in the habit of using your F1-F5 keys to turn off decks or entire sides.

Thanks for the tip!

I carry Gold: hammocks, Lt Carriages & Lt canvas, however I will not compromise my hull strength by building ships with crew space and since I enjoy the maneuverability of Frigates as opposed to the SOL's I use cannonades. Still I must compromise gun caliber for crew if I am to leave port with a full crew. 

The crew management features are helpful however it's a real pisser when you've lined up that perfect stern rake only to find that you have forgotten to unlock the "reserve" and your guns are empty!! 

Hate it when I do that!

1 person likes this

40 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

er... gun crew services 2 guns with several elements on rotation.

If I understand what your saying correctly I would agree in so much as your sailing SOL's however Brigs & Frigates offer a much more limited number of options in terms of effective crew management. Again you have to do the math, the ratio of allotted crew vs number of guns vs gun crew size does not work out well for the class 5 & 6 ships.

1 person likes this

One thing we have as a bonus in game is riggers being also proficient gun crews, cool heh :) and they don't affect efficiency.

We use numbers not that far from the gun crews as presented in here which I tend to use as guideline myself as they fit both sloops/brigs and frigates.

2 people like this

Awesome link!

Looking forward to "riggers" bonus!

Thanks

Our crew has no issues with being assigned to any task, just move them about with the crew on/off. They are good at all things :). In reality not so much.

It is a gameplay vs reality check.

I'm calling the Rigger''s Union!!

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, Pad Seayew said:

I'm calling the Rigger''s Union!!

Union leader is in chains. Something about.... mutiny.... or refusing to man the guns... NONSENSE !

25923540.jpg

2 people like this