Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

20 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Question, can you place contracts ?

Contracts placing is not trading between 2 players,especially not when they are in different nations.

I would like to be able to get something else than money, by offering something. "Offer 1000 silver coins, demanding 40 medium carriages" for example.

Current game mechanic doesnt allow players to trade with eachother properly.

19 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

I think he mean hand to hand deals

Does not have to be hand in hand.

I could set a different kind of contract for example, if the game would allow or create some kind of "global trading board", where you would be able to see WHO offers WHAT and DEMANDING something.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

It was a straight question with any second intentions.

I assume we can place contracts then, from your answer, thanks. 

Yes we can place contracts, but only for money. :)

That is not real trade imo.

Placing contracts and being able only to sell for money, causes situations we had before. Inflation, ridiculous prices.

If i would be able to place a contract,but demand instead of money materials or goods aswell ,that would be the "real trade between players".

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Yes we can place contracts, but only for money. :)

That is not real trade imo.

Placing contracts and being able only to sell for money, causes situations we had before. Inflation, ridiculous prices.

If i would be able to place a contract,but demand instead of money materials or goods aswell ,that would be the "real trade between players".

Excellent proposal.

Placing a contract for money -OR as alternative for buyer - ALSO x amount of goods.

I have a really stupid ask @admin but can you please add "," commas to prices my old eyes on the gold on a grey back ground. We don't have cyber implants yet so at a glance I have to count lol numbers.  I know its a Hard coding thing but I beg you please.  Will send you a tshirt if that helps.

I would propose a change to the AI order window we use in battles. The currant commands available to us are limiting, and I think this would allow more flexability, and less frustration. If improvement to the AI's actions in battle could be made, so much the better! With the way things run now, I tell my fleet ships to demast, and then watch them shoot up the hull on the target ship with cannon balls. Shouldn't the fleet ships be using ball and chain when told to demast? So, here are my ideas on what would be a better set of commands.

1. Change Destroy to Ball, which would tell the fleet ships to aim at the enemy hull.
2. change Demast to chain, which would tell the fleet to aim higher (at the sails!)
3. Add a Grape button, which would tell the fleet to use grape shot against the enemy.
4. Add a Capture button, to tell the fleet to try and board the enemy vessal.

I made a quick edit in paint to illustrate, obviously the buttons can be in what ever order you, the devs, think they should be in.

AI command window.png

• Like 2

Another thing I'd like to see added to the game is the ability to have more warehouse space. I'm a crafter, and find that eventually I run out of space, even in a fully expanded warehouse. Could there be an option to buy another warehouse? It could be accessed through a drop down menu, or a pop up window like the one that comes up when we click "deliveries". Personally, I think having them open in a window would be better because we could drag things back and forth between them as needed.  As it stands right now, a successful, or aggressive captain can quickly run out of room in his/her warehouse, and having to haul things back and forth between different (distant) ports is ridiculous imo. Successful businessmen have always had the option to purchase/build/rent more storage space when needed, and having the option for two, or even maybe three warehouses would be a great help.  

On 05/05/2017 at 2:47 PM, ER0S said:

Another thing I'd like to see added to the game is the ability to have more warehouse space.

It's possible to increase the number of stacks, though it should also depends on the number of different resources/materials needed for crafting comfort. Warehouse space will be re-checked after all the eco changes are added.

• Like 1

I think that the weather in game has moved from the sunny Caribbean in it early release to a foggy dull English channel sort of weather, it is really be coming a put off.

Enough with the dark brooding atmospherics, we are a few degrees from the equator and the weather should reflect that. It was suggested to me that a short holiday in the Caribbean would do the developers and staff the world of good.  

I also like realistic weather so storms and the odd fog are fine but not all day every day this is not Kiev, please look at the weather forecast in Jamaica or Cuba it is not always overcast  like some parts of Europe.

Apart from that the game is certainly improving bit by bit

• Like 3

On 5/12/2017 at 10:40 AM, Captain Clark said:

I think that the weather in game has moved from the sunny Caribbean in it early release to a foggy dull English channel sort of weather, it is really be coming a put off.

Enough with the dark brooding atmospherics, we are a few degrees from the equator and the weather should reflect that. It was suggested to me that a short holiday in the Caribbean would do the developers and staff the world of good.  

I also like realistic weather so storms and the odd fog are fine but not all day every day this is not Kiev, please look at the weather forecast in Jamaica or Cuba it is not always overcast  like some parts of Europe.

Apart from that the game is certainly improving bit by bit

I lived in Belize for a year, it's tropical. The rain was almost always heavy with thunder and lightning and it happened all year round.

Edited by seanjo

On 28.1.2016 at 1:38 AM, Fluffy Fishy said:

Can we have the option to have gun port hatches closed on the open world, there's no reason why they would be open.

I thought I should search before I posted it, but yes! Just for OW give me closed gun hatches. This is a minor detail and I get that it is not a priority at this point, but some where down the line please add it. When I see ships without cannons at all it looks so wrong and at the same time a bit stupid that we are sailing with the cannons sticking out all the time. It might improve the OW fps also.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiedemann said:

I thought I should search before I posted it, but yes! Just for OW give me closed gun hatches. This is a minor detail and I get that it is not a priority at this point, but some where down the line please add it. When I see ships without cannons at all it looks so wrong and at the same time a bit stupid that we are sailing with the cannons sticking out all the time. It might improve the OW fps also.

I think giving at least the option to close the gun ports on the open sea gives not only better immersion but a much better chance to enjoy the hull form as it truly was, without the distortions brought by a bunch of guns and port hatches sticking out. It seems weirdly uncommon as a thing to even show a ship without its guns, even most contemporary paintings of ships sailing or sitting at anchor seem to show them open, even very few models show them closed like the example below. I just think it gives you a much better chance to really enjoy the whole shape of ships of the period.

Polyphemus3.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

I think giving at least the option to close the gun ports on the open sea gives not only better immersion but a much better chance to enjoy the hull form as it truly was, without the distortions brought by a bunch of guns and port hatches sticking out. It seems weirdly uncommon as a thing to even show a ship without its guns, even most contemporary paintings of ships sailing or sitting at anchor seem to show them open, even very few models show them closed like the example below. I just think it gives you a much better chance to really enjoy the whole shape of ships of the period.

Polyphemus3.jpg

it is bin asked so many times 

nobody seems to care

Edited by Thonys

14 minutes ago, rediii said:

or just not a high priority

well i think immersion and frame rate should be important for the overall performance and therefore a priority persang

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...