Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

1 minute ago, JimDandy said:

Yes it did!

However in NA a Constitution with full armament requires 518 crew.

In this game class 5 & 6 ships seem to be most adversely affected by the gun crew requirement. I once spent some time calculating all class 5 & 6 crew requirements... don't know what happened to my notes, it was awhile back, but the upshot was the allotted crews for these ships is woefully inadequate. With the introduction of splinter damage to the degree it has been employed this really matters.

I know this won't be changed so it's really a mute point... I'm just say'in!

Yes, there are many ships that are under crewed for guns. But this is why you need a ship with crew space and extra hammocks. Or you need to get in the habit of using your F1-F5 keys to turn off decks or entire sides.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, van der Decken said:

Yes, there are many ships that are under crewed for guns. But this is why you need a ship with crew space and extra hammocks. Or you need to get in the habit of using your F1-F5 keys to turn off decks or entire sides.

Thanks for the tip!

I carry Gold: hammocks, Lt Carriages & Lt canvas, however I will not compromise my hull strength by building ships with crew space and since I enjoy the maneuverability of Frigates as opposed to the SOL's I use cannonades. Still I must compromise gun caliber for crew if I am to leave port with a full crew. 

The crew management features are helpful however it's a real pisser when you've lined up that perfect stern rake only to find that you have forgotten to unlock the "reserve" and your guns are empty!! 

Hate it when I do that!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

er... gun crew services 2 guns with several elements on rotation.

If I understand what your saying correctly I would agree in so much as your sailing SOL's however Brigs & Frigates offer a much more limited number of options in terms of effective crew management. Again you have to do the math, the ratio of allotted crew vs number of guns vs gun crew size does not work out well for the class 5 & 6 ships.

• Like 1

One thing we have as a bonus in game is riggers being also proficient gun crews, cool heh :) and they don't affect efficiency.

We use numbers not that far from the gun crews as presented in here which I tend to use as guideline myself as they fit both sloops/brigs and frigates.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lads, perhaps this has already been said, but this humble Pirate would like to see some CREW on our ships while sailing in Open World.  Sailing around in Open World with no crew on the decks of our ships, up in the rigging, etc. gives it the feeling of sailing a ghost ship!  I'm sure with the current graphics engine being utilized in Naval Action this can be done without giving up performance?  Not saying we need to have 300+ animated crew running around, but some crew would be a great addition to the feel and fun of sailing in Open World.  If the devs can program crew running your ship during engagements, then by God we can have them while in Open World...!  Hoozah!

Ya see Lads...THIS is what happens when you get into the Rum!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some nitpicking here, but allowing the apostrophe in name creation would make me very happy. :) 

Also, don't forget the idea of flying your own national flag, when supporting allies in battle!

Edited by Serk
  • Like 2

Hy folks, what do you think about Player triggered missions?something like bounty missions ! Like this: player 1 will pay xxx amount of Gold for every sunken/captured Player ship from clan/nation yyy

Also Transport missions from Players for Players could be nice! 

Maybe as a part of some endgame content !

Greetings and see you  OW

Another Mission idea:

player triggered convoy missions:

Like that: clan x will set up convoy route (start city a over b and c back to a)

Traders could join the convoy for some money. Warships could also join the convoy (and payed some money)for protection.

After the convoy reach his target safe the money from the traders will go to the warships and if the convoy dont reach his target the money from the warships will go  to the traders . 

To make it exiting, all nations will know the waypoints and the start time of the convoy and could try to intercept it.

greetings and see you OW 

Edited by Akir1975
  • Like 3

It would be very nice to be able to control the furling/unfurling of sails by mast alone.  By this I mean if I wanted to furl the top most sail on the main mast I can do so w/o it affecting any of the other sails.

It would also be nice it the compass had 32 tic marks as did all directional references did in the age of sail.

• Like 1

Since there is a wipe coming up, it means there is a patch to try and test new changes, right?

I know this has been suggested before, but not sure if it were at all considered: the naming of ships.

I also know that there was a concern from the devs about people using "inappropriate" names that may be offensive to other players, but I was wondering whether it would be possible to have the ability to have ship names or some sort of identification that would only appear in ports and under the Home tab such as this:

That would allow players who have more than one type of ships to efficiently sort through them.

Another thing I was thinking about is a warning upon leaving a port to prevent us from making the most common newb mistake, which is forgetting to load the goods into the ships hold when leaving port (in game chat, many current veterans had made it at some point in their sailing careers). Most of the time you learn quite quickly not to make that same mistake especially  if it cost you several thousands in gold, but sometimes you are playing late into the night and drifting into coma and you make that mistake again.

So I was thinking about the same warning one gets when leaving a port without guns or repair kits, like this:

Thanks for allowing us to make suggestions,

APC.

Edited by AngryPanCake

I can't be bothered to read through every post and this has probably been suggested, so....All cargo space in a fleet to be usable. And if you are in a fleet the ability to choose which ship you want to control in battle.

Edited by seanjo
  • Like 3

I don't know how it could be done, but I would like to see a VoIP that is somehow not as cold, and sterile as a TeamSpeak or Discord.

Something that could add to the voice experience of the game, more of a match to the crew sounds/calls.

Does that make sense to anyone?  Bottom line is I find the current voice communications to be an immersion breaker.

Edited by Pad Seayew

Crew costs gold on warships when hired after losses in battles, ie when warships are used.

Should crew also cost gold on traders when those ships are used, ie after a trade voyage, even when they haven't encountered an enemy warship ?

There are multiple reasons for human losses during a trade voyage : disease, mutiny / abandonment of post, contract ends...

Edited by LeBoiteux

I know this is an old topic mates but I would like to see players have the ability to name their ships.  Surly the devs could code the game in a way as to let you choose a custom name for the stern?  Would add a personal touch for all the Captians !