Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

I have a suggestion, and it is that you can Choose your own galloen figure, name on the ship and paint on it aswell.

i know that you can get the paint ingame but its gives more meening if you can choose paint when you craft the ship from the paints you won allready.

That is what i think could be some niceness things in the game.

but all in all i still think the game is a good game.

I believe we need more out posts OR better identifiers to show where people are.

I sail to location X, it takes 45 minutes, or was it 60 minutes.  I want to sail to place Y, but I have to sail 45-60 minutes there as well.  Also, I have no free out posts.  So I do not sail to check the new place, or I remove one of my out posts, to which I have to sail later again.  This like really really sucks.

If I knew where people actually are, I could just make my OP there.  Now I just basically sail empty places for hours, ridiculous amount of hours sailing empty seas.  My motivation to sail these empty seas is slowly dying here, I can admit that much.

• No idea how hard it is to implement, coding wise, but i'd really like to keep my own national flag when helping my allies in battle, instead of using theirs. It would give a better feeling of representing your naiton ''abroad'', but also be a solid proof that a nation is a helpfull ally :)
  • Also, being able to place sell-buy orders for ship paints would be great.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Serk said:
  • No idea how hard it is to implement, coding wise, but i'd really like to keep my own national flag when helping my allies in battle, instead of using theirs. It would give a better feeling of representing your naiton ''abroad'', but also be a solid proof that a nation is a helpfull ally :)
  • Also, being able to place sell-buy orders for ship paints would be great.

I get what you're saying and the sentiment behind flying your own flag in PB but you may end up the victim of more friendly fire.

This is probably going to divide people, a lot.

/follow

Indeed, a command to set your ship to follow your friend.  Many will probably hate this, but...

I have spent countless hours in OW without a fight.  I have decent amount of stuff to do irl.  If I could leave my ship /follow a friend, I could actually do my irl things until we find a fight.  Like if we sail 2 hours until we find a fight with /follow, I could play Naval Action a lot more.  Now I just have to skip the game, as it is basically waste of time mostly, and hard to afford that.  If I have couple hours in an evening to play, do I want to sail empty OW that evening?  After 3 hours of empty seas, or we find some sad gank (poor fellow).  I do not really feel that I got something from this game.  It is simply a feeling that Naval Action is incredibly shitty game and I once AGAIN (and again and again and AGAIN and AGAIN AND AGAIN AGAIN, and freaking again!) wasted my freaking evening for nothing.  It makes me pissed off way too many times.

So, maybe we could just have /follow ?  Test it?

And yes, I could be working that time.

• Like 1

The format that I could see as reasonable for this is to be able to add your ship to your friend as part of his fleet.  But if he encountered a battle your ship could not fight as an AI, so you would have to take back command before he enters or your ship would go into the instance as a "dead" ship, but capable of being attacked and sunk/captured, just as if you were AFK.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thonys said:

- clan tax   

Obviously since clans are of differing sizes, a clan could be 2 people or 40 people for example, the proposed clan tax would need to be a per-person tax.  Otherwise why would the 2-person clan have a 20-person burden on each individual?

Which brings to light the idea that since most people are a member of some-sized clan, then that tax really should just be a nation tax on every individual instead.

2 hours ago, Pad Seayew said:

No taxation without representation!!  We may have to go to war over this.....

If every individual paid a tax, then they deserve something for it, like representation.  Well, really we already have that (without the tax, currently) in that you can vote.  The only representation you may not have is when decisions are made by groups over TS without everyone participating.  But really, you can still play any way you like, so it effectively doesn't matter.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Pad Seayew said:

No taxation without representation!!  We may have to go to war over this.....

well flags are not coming cheap 

for instance,

but clans must do something to make content for their members and that can cost something

What Wobbly said.

And a "political" system that actually makes sense. Ally/Friend/Neutral/Enemy/War makes more sense than Ally or Enemy with nothing in between.

Edit:

Friend people other than those in you own nation. I have trade partners who aren't in my nation.

Edited by Challenge
Forgot one:
  • Like 3

I would just like to see realistic crew requirements!

Maybe it's just me but the crew requirements as they now stand are screwed, try to picture what it would be like to be on the deck of one of these little ships (yes little just go visit a museum ship like the Constitution or the Trincomalee), with the number of crew the dev's think are needed to man the guns & sails, it would become an unmanageable mess... all assholes & elbows!.

Our choice is to always sail under gunned or under crewed.

7 hours ago, JimDandy said:

I would just like to see realistic crew requirements!

Maybe it's just me but the crew requirements as they now stand are screwed, try to picture what it would be like to be on the deck of one of these little ships (yes little just go visit a museum ship like the Constitution or the Trincomalee), with the number of crew the dev's think are needed to man the guns & sails, it would become an unmanageable mess... all assholes & elbows!.

Our choice is to always sail under gunned or under crewed.

Well, the Constitution you mention had a crew count of 450 souls. (http://www.navysite.de/ships/const.htm)

• Like 2

Yes it did!

However in NA a Constitution with full armament requires 518 crew.

In this game class 5 & 6 ships seem to be most adversely affected by the gun crew requirement. I once spent some time calculating all class 5 & 6 crew requirements... don't know what happened to my notes, it was awhile back, but the upshot was the allotted crews for these ships is woefully inadequate. With the introduction of splinter damage to the degree it has been employed this really matters.

I know this won't be changed so it's really a mute point... I'm just say'in!

• Like 2