Game-Labs Forum

French Frigate L'Hermione

PIerrick de Badas

I am going to try my best to try and see the Hermione when she is in Alexandria on the 10th, all the tickets have been sold out already, however if we get there early enough, they might just let me in.

I will certainly will take some photos for you gents!

Tickets are available for the Tall Ships event in Philadelphia June 25-28. You can get a multiday pass ($25) and a fast pass ($45) which gets you to the front of the line (good if you are going on the weekend!). I would also advise getting a parking reservation as well. You could also park in Camden NJ and take the ferry over.

Not sure about day sail tickets, there is a chance Lynx may be one of the day sail ships as they are likely to be the smaller schooners and such. I couldn't find info on which ships were doing the sails.

Waiting in line at Alexandria. They wil only let a very few number of people in. I'm 10th in line, 573 miles from home, wearing my USS Consitution shirt, and a Naval Action fan.

Surely I'll get in!

Right?

(I'll show photos when I am on my computer and with a reliable internet connection, which might be Sunday... Sorry gents, more suspense for you all.)

• Like 2

L'Hermione is at anchor off Wilmington DE and will be visited by Kalmar Nyckel this afternoon. Alas I am not on board Kalmar and at work. I will attempt to get some photos as she sails up river to Philadelphia this afternoon.

I hope to go on board in Philadelphia tomorrow afternoon after the parade of sail.

Sorry I missed my opportunity to visit her while at Baltimore, Maryland.  Real life getting in the way, it just sucks...

Now, I've been to the habour and do not remember Constellation being without rig.  This would have been a few years ago now I suppose.  Just repair/maintenance?

Edited by SYN_Bloody-Bandy

Yes, they do drive motor, imagine if they had to set sail!

A gust of wind like this unprepared under sail may break your mast topsail ...

The ship towards the end of the video is actually failed it was brought abeam on the bank.

Thursday, June 25: l'Hermione is in the wake of its predecessor.

In 1781, l'Hermione had ascended the Delaware River. It had taken eight days!

Today, other times, l'Hermione took only a few hours to be at the rendezvous Philadelphia and join the Tall Ships of America, the great American yachts present for a large maritime gathering.

L'Hermione crossed his path Battleship USS New Jersey, she greeted with a few cannon shots.

The program three days of maritime festival to discover the fifteen tall ships present for the occasion: The Eagle, El Galeon, the Gazel, the Picton Castle, The True Life of, the Sagres ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uuMX-ddvTUI

:)

• Like 2