Game-Labs Forum

Profanity usage in game.

admin

Hello Captains

As we said before - a well timed curse or swearing can lighten up a conversation. (*****ing weather). 

But using profanity against other players or his relatives is forbidden. We know that frustration can be very powerful and you can still address the captain causing this frustration. Age of sail gentlemen were polite but they could be angry. 

One of you posted the spectacular guide on how to address another captain if you are very frustrated. 

gItrQ0G.png

I am not an english speaker - so don't know if some of the words here are offensive. But if i was address in this way i would be less willing to go to tribunal because of this. 

• Like 41

wouldnt it be hilarious to have a signal officer stand there and wave "ye rank foul-born hedge-pig" to a fellow captain? :)

lolz! couldnt start laughing at this thought!! imagine being dead in the wind and being raked.....and then have your signal officer standing there waving " ye rank foul-born hedge-pig" 

anyway printed that list out..it will be very useful.

Hello Captains

As we said before - a well timed curse or swearing can lighten up a conversation. (*****ing weather). 

But using profanity against other players or his relatives is forbidden. We know that frustration can be very powerful and you can still address the captain causing this frustration. Age of sail gentlemen were polite but they could be angry. 

One of you posted the spectacular guide on how to address another captain if you are very frustrated. 

I am not an english speaker - so don't know if some of the words here are offensive. But if i was address in this way i would be less willing to go to tribunal because of this. 

I don't see anything in there that you couldn't say in public Admin, looks great to me.  That's not to say that during the period, calling someone such things wouldn't result in a demand to step out.

Personally, I'm a fan of You <adjective> scrub.  :)

Captains could also add "land lubber" or "lubberly" to their repertoire as well (e.g. "Admin!  Stop being such a lubber and get your guns on that Victory!", or "That Mr. Darby's crew handles his ship in a lubberly manner.").

• Like 1

No one's going to stick to this. Why not just add a profanity filter to the game?

Ah... the old adage of asking the system to replace our brains...

Why not NOT use any offensive vocabulary ? That would save development time in the project :)

• Like 3

why not change the whole gaming community or at least the major part of it?  ;-)

Why not start with yourself ? That's how change happens :) Not saying YOU as yourself, but YOU as each one of us.

Be with the good guys, be as good. Be with the bad folk, you will turn twice as bad. Old saying in my country, valid in every generation and in every community.

• Like 1