Game-Labs Forum

Queen Anne's Revenge

Tyrelli

I'm hopeing we can just name our ships. instead of having 40 Constitutions (Obviously we will need a filter for people who have the urge to give their ships foul names). However I think it would be best to get as many ships into the game with their original design as possible, and hopefully allow heavy modification to the ship to fill the role you desire it to.

Edited by Terminus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, As far as a Pirate "Faction" you could have the Pirates Republic, Based out of Nassau "New Providence" (Assuming you want to say the british never regained control of it) and Tortuga (Assuming again you wanted to bend the timeline a litte) really the problem is that the age of piracy was over by about 1730.

tell that the Teabags (brits) in south jamaika ingame, Problemm with your comment is that you want to use an  argument against a ship for pirate because of historical accuracy, ive stated all the time that this is a weak argument.

The issue with the Queen Anne's is that it was not common for pirates to pilot vessels of that size. Pirates preferred smaller vessels such as sloops, schooners and brigantines for their speed and maneuverability, as well as their low draught compared to larger naval vessels (for their ability to more easily maneuver shallow waters)

Pirates did not have the ability to construct their own ships, and would almost always utilize refitted versions of captured ships, as with the Queen Anne's which was modified to carry additional guns (from 14 prior to at least 40 after additions, some stories say upwards as 44), for example.

Ships like the Queen Anne's and The Golden Hind were very rare and, if in game, should be considered the equivalent of SoLs for pirates: ships that are hard to acquire and very valuable and expensive to purchase/upkeep

Also same goes for ya matey, Historicly accuracy claim just to prevent a ship gettting into the game is a weak argument.

Because if we go just once into this way of historically accuracy, then we need todo it also for everything else,

-No 1strates in the game

-USA only has a handful of linehsips

-Pyrates only sailing shallowaterships

-France and Brits are the Supirior factions in the game and you would not win awar.

History is pretty unbalanced i think, SO STOP ARGUING ABOUT HISTORALY ACCURACY its not a sim its a Realistic game

I want pirates to be the Hard option. The challenging nation. The handicap versus liberty of action. The Reputation versus rank.

There's enough factions available for folks that require ships of the line, conquest and overall a less than credible approach to going a piracy.

In the end is less credible for a pirate crew to be sailing a first rate than it is having the US navy pumping out a ship similar to a Victory.

I press Pray often. One of these days we might see it.

• Like 1

Lets not turn this topic into a pirate debate, this topic is about the ship the queens annes revenge, not about what your opinion is on what the pirate faction should look like

Sorry :)

At the very top of credibility the Rattlesnake Heavy can play a QAR.

• 3 weeks later...

From the lines it could almost replace the Pirate Frigate as the "unique" black flag thing ( pirate jeebus will smite me ) and even have a Guineman trade version :)

She looks odd with such a raised stern though. What would be the advantages of such a raised lines in the back ?

From the lines it could almost replace the Pirate Frigate as the "unique" black flag thing ( pirate jeebus will smite me ) and even have a Guineman trade version :)

She looks odd with such a raised stern though. What would be the advantages of such a raised lines in the back ?

It usually tell us that it's a Privateer ship. Fast and Maneuverable. 

• Like 1

It's a ship from the early 1700s.

The (literal) sterncastles of the ancient and medieval world took many centuries to flatten out. They were fighting platforms and living quarters for officers, and provided some protection being pooped by a following sea. But they only persisted so long as competition from more low-built and weatherly vessels didn't put them at a relative disadvantage.

It usually tell us that it's a Privateer ship. Fast and Maneuverable. 

You have that backwards.

A high stern means windage and leewardliness, which is anathema to privateers.

She was a fast career "labor" trader true that. Any breakdown anywhere of all the alterations done to her ? I would assume she got flushed for extra hold and living space

No one has any idea what she looked like. The model is just an educated guess.

And cutting off upper works will reduce your living space. There's not much that can be done to increase cargo capacity without harming performance and safety.

• Like 1