Game-Labs Forum

Ship Plans and Resources.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been searching around for plans or info on that ship.
I can't find anything that even suggest it exist actually. 
There was a HMS Neptune in the battle of la Hougue, but that was a 90 gun 2nd rate which was the flagship of admiral rook in the battle of Barfleur.
So I'm not sure there even exist any plans for that ship other than the model kit plans

Though they look very similar, wasn't the Mordaunt a 46? The model Wind linked is a 58... That said both models show 58 gun ports (29 a broadside) though there could be bow and stern chasers. Also, the Mordaunt's deck differs quite a lot. It may be that one of the two models is wrong, or that they are not the same ship. :/

4.jpg

Edit: There seems to be some differing of opinion on how many guns the Mordaunt carried. Some say 46 others say 54. I think you have found Wind's mystery ship, it's just the model is a little off. Strange they would call it the Neptune though, if this turns out to be the case.

Never, ever trust model ship manufacturers. Just look at the sail plan...a bit anachronistic for a ship built at the end of the 17th century, isn´t it?

Is it? I'm not up to speed on the 17th century, but the lack of topgallants, lanteen mizzen and spritsails all seem about right.

Well, the Mordaunt had t´gallants, so I´d expect to find them on a sailplan for the Mordaunt. And there are other examples of rather shoddy research by model ship makers (e.g. Chapman´s privateer plate 30/31 labeled as french Renommée). But I´m not saying that all commercial plans are bad, most of them have to be taken with a grain of salt, though :)

Not sure if this a thread for suggestions for ships, but I'd like to see the Vasa in the game. It would, in my opinion, be an epic example of 17th century war ships (naturally a slightly re-engineered version that won't capsize in the first gust of wind).

Not sure if this a thread for suggestions for ships, but I'd like to see the Vasa in the game. It would, in my opinion, be an epic example of 17th century war ships (naturally a slightly re-engineered version that won't capsize in the first gust of wind).

only need smaller guns on the the other decks than the gun deck.

let it capsize if the player want to put 24s everywhere  ;)

• Like 1

Could be nice to add several mediterranean / arab ships to the game as some future expansion maybe.

2wqwgfc.gif

144222-mediterranean-ships-17th-century-

But for now, I think we could have a really nice game without them.

~Brigand

All of my yes. I really hope to see some xebec, and xebec hybrid vessels added some day like the Spanish El Gamo. So pretty.

• Like 1