Game-Labs Forum

Reset input controls - workaround for problems with controls e.g. rudder.

Alex B.

You need to clean the registry for Naval Action.

To do this you need to run regedit. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Run

In the window that opens, enter regedit, and press the Enter button

post-3311-0-68012000-1421329820.png

Find section HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DefaultCompany\Naval Action

Delete all files which names begin with the phrase "__Input Key"

Then restart the client.

All settings should be the default.

post-3311-0-68012000-1421329820_thumb.png

• Like 2

Sir,

When I reset the registry and setup my keys again, I'm playing with an AZERTY keyboard, so no way the use the same keys as QWERTY, the rudder is controlled correctly, untill I leave the game (exit) and start it again.

When the game restarts, the problem with the rudder reappears, in fact, kays 'Q' and 'D' does move the rudder, but I have to push the opposite key to try to recenter the rudder. I say TRY, because it is never exactly in the middle.

I never had something else then an Windows keyboard 'Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000' and Microsoft mouse connected.

Rgds,

Mael

• Like 1

Guys,

Having the same problems as Mael Duin just exposed.

It doesn't seems to be mentionned in other topics as far as I ran into them, but pressing "enter" (key to enable chat typing / send message) is actually centering my rudder automatically from whatever its original position was.

Hope it helps going through this as devs and players as well !

Cheers !

Azerty layout here ( French and Belgium standard layout ) and same issue as others ( and no joystick or usb device input ), hope to see all controls and keybinds fully customizable at some point so we can avoid those issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This seems to be still an issue, even after deleting the registry multiple times.

And additional to this, setting new key binds don't seem to work either.

Like most of the guys here, I'm on a Belgian Azerty keyboard.

This makes close combat very hard and therefore an occasional team ram is inevitable.

Chatting is impossible, while aiming and continuously correcting my course and resetting rudder with Enter key+ESC

I would greatly appreciate if this can be looked into in one of the upcoming patches.

Seeing how this game engine is pure garbage when it comes to the inputs i doubt this will be fixed anytime soon or ever fixed to be honest ...

The controls problems in unity engine is after some researches a basic feature asked since 2008 ... still nothing done in 2015, dev's have to code another layer just to have simple things working and most don't even bother with it or some don't have the knowledge or skills to make it work correctly and fully apparently from what i could read on the Unity engine forums when searching to fix this issues ... 

funny thing is that i never had a Unity engine based game before, sadly for me I took 2 EA in a couple of weeks both using this same engine and both games plagued by the exact same issues ... But well i now know that I'll have to stay far away from any Unity engine based game in the future and not only for controls issues btw ...

A while back I tried binding my Auto/Manual Skipper function to another key as I was accidentally pressing it at the most inopportune times but as I found out setting a custom key binding is not yet supported. Since that time I have been using AutoSkipper only & I would very much like to be able to use ManualSkipper. I have followed the instructions on deleting the key binds in the regedit but that didn't work & I still cannot use Manual Skipper & now my game crashes to desktop after a match completes.  :*(

Edited by teufeldritch

A while back I tried binding my Auto/Manual Skipper function to another key as I was accidentally pressing it at the most inopportune times but as I found out setting a custom key binding is not yet supported. Since that time I have been using AutoSkipper only & I would very much like to be able to use ManualSkipper. I have followed the instructions on deleting the key binds in the regedit but that didn't work & I still cannot use Manual Skipper & now my game crashes to desktop after a match completes.  :*(

Manual skipper is started when using one of the four yard controls (RheaControl). Then you can switch back to auto-skipper with AutoSkipperSwitch. All those controls are customisable from the first starting menu.

Manual skipper is started when using one of the four yard controls (RheaControl). Then you can switch back to auto-skipper with AutoSkipperSwitch. All those controls are customisable from the first starting menu.

Yes & I used that very same menu. This was around a month, maybe more ago & was told iirc that customizing keybinds was not yet fully supported & was something they were working on. I've been using Auto since then.

Some good news: I'm no longer crashing when a match ends. I suspect the crashing was something more on my end, than something the game did. Driver issue or something like that.

• 1 month later...

Is the bug corrected or should we still play in qwerty?

I would also like to know when fully customizable controls will be implemented.

Having a azerty layout and switching to get the full potential of the game not being an option for me i simply stopped to play for a good while now after too many frustrating experiences with controls on my azerty layout, was waiting for the moment i will be able to use my manual sails and others possible controls at them full potential without all the problems of duplicates keybinds or simply unusable ones.

If anyone have any ETA on this please, i don't plan to return to the game before being able to use the controls fully on my ships, there is simply no point to get all the hassle in the heat of a battle due to those "simple" issues.

Thanks.

Is the bug corrected or should we still play in qwerty?

I would also like to know when fully customizable controls will be implemented.

Having a azerty layout and switching to get the full potential of the game not being an option for me i simply stopped to play for a good while now after too many frustrating experiences with controls on my azerty layout, was waiting for the moment i will be able to use my manual sails and others possible controls at them full potential without all the problems of duplicates keybinds or simply unusable ones.

If anyone have any ETA on this please, i don't plan to return to the game before being able to use the controls fully on my ships, there is simply no point to get all the hassle in the heat of a battle due to those "simple" issues.

Thanks.

Quote from admin:

We are starting work on the player controls remapping and hope to finish within 1 month.

• Like 1