Game-Labs Forum

Ship models anyone?

Aracno

Really, really nice models.

Aracno, may be it's not on your plans, but those Frigates had a Keel shoe for making the submerged "Lateral area" deeper. The addition of that part added a better counter drift effect. May be that's why you see the shape a little bit wrong.

Anyway, just a great model.

Im working on a Radio Control Sloop. Still at the mechanics and electronics stage and only the keel and some frames are done for the hull work.

I'll post pics when I have more than some aluminum rails and servo arrangement.

About the question for 3D modellers.

I'd not say Im an artist, as none of my models have nothing from myself. All I've done is suited for Technical/Historical research, hence are built from original plans (when available) and able for CFD and technical analisys.

Its more a matter of how the ships behave, and how they were built, than of how they look like, albeit I try to make them (from the looking point of view) as similar as the original, as documentation allows for.

Really, really nice models.

Aracno, may be it's not on your plans, but those Frigates had a Keel shoe for making the submerged "Lateral area" deeper. The addition of that part added a better counter drift effect. May be that's why you see the shape a little bit wrong.

Anyway, just a great model.

Thank you for the advise.
There are several mistake in the model due to mine inexperienced, but I have studied a lot during the last months, I will apply what learned for the next model.
This model will be a gift for my stepfather, but i want to rebuild the Unicorn in the future, after the Diana and the Alert, this time following the real ship plans and applying what I learned working on this model ship.

Saw a Bellona model in a hobby shop today. Temptation, temptation...

i know dat feel

http://www.hobbiesguinea.es/en/corel-models/3151-corel-models-sm54-hms-bellona-1760-74-guns-british-warship-770-mm-length.html

corel-models-sm54-hms-bellona-1760-74-gucorel-models-sm54-hms-bellona-1760-74-gu

shiping from that site is quick 4-8 days international. prizes are to low if you take into account that every thing is in that kit (except sometimes the sails like that bellona kit) turned brass cannons, Iron cast figures, pre made wood shapes and parts.

there are some cheap models for 50-200 euro for first try. bro tip number evry part befor cutting it out of the plate.

plenty of British and US ships dutch and french are very low numbers but some very sweet spanish ones.

maybe you want to go for an 1.35meter long Surprise? or the consti 1.11m. our Trinidad 1m

Hola Soy recién llegado, y me entusiasman los buques de guerra del siglo XVII y XVIII ahora estoy construyendo una maqueta del Santísima Trinidad

quiero subir fotos de los planos y la maqueta pero no se como hacerlo ...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thats an very nice on actually.  if you want to get your hand on a Kit like me there are some for around 50ish euros for practise. its very relaxing and gives you another option when you are siting infron of your steam libary not knowing what to do with himself for hours.

• Like 1

thats an very nice on actually.  if you want to get your hand on a Kit like me there are some for around 50ish euros for practise. its very relaxing and gives you another option when you are siting infron of your steam libary not knowing what to do with himself for hours.

I build plenty of models, most of them not being ship related though (although I've built a few plastic ship models).

Here is a semi-scratchbuilt one I made for a display.

I'm big on trains and 1/72 scale WWI birds. I keep eyeballing ship kits though, I'd really like to build an old side-wheeler steamship.

• Like 2

the side i buyed mine got an Paddleboat that you could try to fit an working steam engine in:P
http://www.hobbiesguinea.es/en/constructo-naval-modelling/2652-constructo-80840-robert-e-lee-mississippi-steam-liner-640-mm-length.html

or

http://www.hobbiesguinea.es/en/12008-talhoer-20151-vanguard-1841-wood-paddle-tug-boat-723-mm-length.html

new progress from today: and showing the detailed manual that comes with the kits.

hS5cZwp.jpg

LfF1s1A.jpg
gtRr5DW.jpg
iHztkT0.jpg