Game-Labs Forum

I'd like to request teleport to free ports back as it was before the wipe, I think this is a good idea to promote more PvP, otherwise to have some pvp sometimes it's sailing for more than one hour to go and another to come back, some of us or the majority of us don't have a lot of time to do that because of jobs or studies. Right now this is killing a lot of pvp which in my point of view is the most entertaining feature of the game, fighting vs AI becomes boring at a certain point and you have the feel it's not challenging anymore. 

I hope you take this into consideration

Thanks

• Like 1

Nope, if you want instant fight they have an arena game coming out. Other wise move an out post to you front lines and fight that nation. Free towns should be trade hubs between nations not gank points for any one that use it.  And if you have only a few hours than set up a base in one and work out of it until you have to return to get supplies.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 11

One could say there could be many other explanations for a perceived lack of PVP right now; the availability of freeport teleports is just one potential explanation and, based on evidence proposed here, not the most convincing.

One could make the counterargument that teleports actually discourage PVP because they take ships and captains out of the OW, as well as making it easy to create "flash mob" gank squads and revenge fleets. To say nothing of how these teleports are abused for the benefit of low-risk trading.

I'm glad they're gone and am not convinced by the evidence provided that whatever perceived changes in the availability of PVP are best explained by the presence or absence of free port teleports.

• Like 2

well something should be made travelling time is too much or at least from my point of view or people likes to sail for 1-2 hours doing nothing? not all of us have a lot of free time, plus making a base on a free port doesn't let you do anything outside that free port unless travelling again for more hours.

Edited by Jones el Tuerto

Freeports should be usable again but with big negatives:

1) Teleport to free port should only be available once every 12 hours.

2) once a player has teleported to a freeport, said player must purchase all crew again.

3) outposts at Freeports are only active for 5 days before closing (call it a 5 day permit). Any ships left in a freeport after the outpost is expired is automatically sold to npcs. (it's the players responsible to look after their ships) **edit** if the 5 day permit is to hard get implement then just get all freeport outposts to reset on Sunday server maintenance.

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, monk33y said:

1) Teleport to free port should only be available once every 12 hours.

2) once a player has teleported to a freeport, said player must purchase all crew again.

That are not very big negatives imo

1) People will bring their Alts in order to go round this timer

2) Crew is not very expensive

1 minute ago, Jœrnson said:

That are not very big negatives imo

1) People will bring their Alts in order to go round this timer

2) Crew is not very expensive

Surly the best way to affect this would be to increase crew purchase costs at Freeports by 4/5 times.

I'm a tad confused to how bringing an alt to a freeport would negate the 12 hr teleport window?!?

9 minutes ago, monk33y said:

I'm a tad confused to how bringing an alt to a freeport would negate the 12 hr teleport window?!?

Hm yea not sure if I understood the working of that timer properly. So never mind :)

But if there is a timer I'm uncertain if 12 hours would be enough. You login in evening, tp to freeport, gank around for a few hours and tp back home afterwards. The other day when you're back from work (prob 24 hours later) you login again and easily tp to freeport again. Thus I think timers are not appropriate.

In the end I'm still against tp to freeports anyway. Freeports should be only used as trading hubs between nations not as ganking bases. Just my 2 Cents ofc :)

But honestly i really would appriciate when you are able to teleport your character to a free port and back to a friendly no ships or deliveries or so .... because its a pain in the ass when you do long trade runs. With a teleport you could in theory sail to the port sell goods create contracts and then port back to your hometown and get a frig or so and have fun and next day you port to the free town again and sail back. With that you arent so trapped for hours without anything interesting to do, or watching videos or play other games on your second monitor.

2 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Yeah, lets all do PvE in the greenzone...

Or the other option would be to sail a bit and leave the greenzone to have PvP :) 

NO....

free ports are Trade ports between geographical borders

Teleport (gankers) to free ports prevents trading between nations 

and it allows ganking on a unwanted scale on traders (the easy pray)

and ..it is also a request from the lazy sailor,so  .............................NO...................

its an escape button for the people who get stuck in OW when lost..

OT...

let me shout back to those who want free port teleport s.....

perhaps it is better for gankers to  SAIL back to their ports.... instead of teleport to a friendly port and remove the teleport button totally  for them.....

Edited by Thonys

Well let's look at the situation on the eu server. After 1 month (ish) from the get wipe, we have the following situation:

Allies =gb/Dutch/Danes/sweeds 

Allies= pirates/Spain/USA

Non aggression = between gb/Dutch/France/sweeds/USA/Danes...

Unless outposts in freeports re-apear we are heading to a stalemate again.

Only open region for attack is salamlanker (spelt wrong I know) between gb and Spain and that port is a bugger to attack with the new gb/Danes invented tactic of tagging AI to stop the attacker getting to port!!!

Freeports give a new area to conquest.

If you want your ships there u must sail it there you as the captain can only teleport... 

3 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Allies =gb/Dutch/Danes/sweeds 

Non aggression = between gb/Dutch/France/sweeds/USA/Danes...

Wut? Haven't ever heard about these agreements tbh :wacko: Where is that written?

1 hour ago, Thonys said:

NO....

free ports are Trade ports between geographical borders

Teleport (gankers) to free ports prevents trading between nations 

and it allows ganking on a unwanted scale on traders (the easy pray)

and ..it is also a request from the lazy sailor,so  .............................NO...................

its an escape button for the people who get stuck in OW when lost..

OT...

let me shout back to those who want free port teleport s.....

perhaps it is better for gankers to  SAIL back to their ports.... instead of teleport to a friendly port and remove the teleport button totally  for them.....

If teleport unapccetabel.Maybe we should decrese map size with 50%.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rychu Karas said:

this is the closest one. IF i disagree for 3h of empty sailing in one direction.

Free town teleport give us access to other areas

Intensive hunting extinguished many animal races. Like those hunters now you must have other options or sail for 3h.