Game-Labs Forum

Mission location

The higher the mission rank the more it should be away from captial. The capital should only offer low lvl rank missions while ports with more distance to the capital should offer high rank missions.

• Like 4

Wouldn't missions of more importance requiring heavier ships and more logistics be realistically more likely to be departing from the most important port, rather than from some backwater coastal village?

Therefore if anything i'd rather restrict such missions to regional capitals if at all.

I would also rather have more and heavier traffic in the capital(s) than in the middle of nowhere.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

2 hours ago, Headless Parrot said:

no

why not?

1 hour ago, Captain Jean-Luc Picard said:

Wouldn't missions of more importance requiring heavier ships and more logistics be realistically more likely to be departing from the most important port, rather than from some backwater coastal village?

Realistically that should be the case, but if you are trying to make people sail away from usual locations and have more people out there to PvP, then it's not a bad idea at all.

On the other hand, being a PvE server player, having missions spawn close to the starting capital is not a bad idea for those starting players with low sailing skills as well as low location determination skills. They don't need to sail too far to see the crossing swords they often sail past not knowing that's the mission location. This will help them get quickly into battles and develop skills needed to progress up the rank ladder. However, I don't see the benefit of combat missions spawning far away as there is no benefit to making people sail long distances for them since there no necessity to "expose" PvE server players to each other.

4 minutes ago, Borch said:

Devs already stated that they are working on different kind of mission, so i hope the ones we currently have will be gone soon. 

Note, Im not against missions, just against current ones (how stupid and easy you can get the fight against 1st rate). Lets not give more work to the dev team regarding something that soon will be gone.

thats right but they could keep that idea in mind and use it for their rework.

I wish you would put the combat missions back the way they where before the wipe, I have stopped playing because of this change. the game is no longer fun for me.  I have been playing since Dec. 2013 and loved it. Now the game is for groups not for single players.  On combat missions I should like to fight any ship or fleets, not what you think I should fight.  If you are fighting a fleet you should have a AI fleet to help you in the combat mission.  I also think that if you are next to a fort of your nation it should fire on AI's also not just players.  Thank you for your time.