Game-Labs Forum

PvE missions

Mage13

Question

Today I have been doing a few PvE missions on the PvP EU server. Every time I do one I always have 3 opponents when I am playing solo. My question is, should there be 3 hostile ships vs 1 player ship or is this a bug? I ask this because I have already lost a Mercury today to this and almost lost a Snow, so I am thinking this might be too difficult. I am doing Second Lieutenant missions because of the ships I am using.

9 answers to this question

55 minutes ago, Mrgoldstein said:

first lvl missions should just be BC vs BC so they can learn

Many people have found it hard to hit the cutter when starting out what with the low profile and big waves. I'm assuming that the reason they put in the rookie snow and brig was to give new players larger targets to hit. They do need a tune down though as they're pretty tough for newbies to beat, maybe a few less guns would be enough of a tweak.

On 6/25/2017 at 2:08 PM, Mrgoldstein said:

yes i had this too,  when i did a mission (not a fleet mission) with my snow i was up against a rattlesnake and 2 enemy snows..also the "rookie brig" is not so rookie for new players in a BC, because they are outgunned and outmanned, first lvl missions should just be BC vs BC so they can learn

While it sounds good, the Basic Cutter sits WAY to low in the water.  I have watched noobs shoot at a basic cutter for an hour before actually starting to sink it.  Same with the Lynx.  

The Basic Brig is easy to sink, I think it has less hit points than the Brig, I can take half of the armor off of the side in a single pass with a Snow.  

On 6/30/2017 at 2:16 PM, Hodo said:

While it sounds good, the Basic Cutter sits WAY to low in the water.  I have watched noobs shoot at a basic cutter for an hour before actually starting to sink it.  Same with the Lynx.  

The Basic Brig is easy to sink, I think it has less hit points than the Brig, I can take half of the armor off of the side in a single pass with a Snow.  

This may be true, but the basic brig still has 8 guns.  Also, someone doing a midshipman mission is usually in a basic cutter with basic 4lbers.  That's a lot different than 11 6lbers or 12lb carronades.  And again, 3 of them in a normal mission?  Midshipman missions should always be 1v1s and basic brigs should always have 4lbers and maybe a few less guns.

Edited by Prater

PVP Missions or PVE Missions!  I have been playing NA since Dec. 2013 and think this last patch is going to make me stop playing, one thing is I play alone a lot, so I play missions. I wish you did not change them, Now I have to fight with a ship of my class way?  If I am in a ship of the line let me fight a brig if I want or fleet of brigs.  No I have to fight a 3rd rate.   also way take the longitude and latitude off the game map, all captains had a sexton to find there position on the map.   I was in a mission and was boarded and lost my Surprise so now I am back to a basic cutter and now I will have fight for a couple weeks to try and get gold to buy a new ship.  I know one durability is realistic but this is a game, 2 durability would be nice. I have to agree with fox2run.  I did get my money worth from the game.  You people at NA did a great job on the game but now I think you are going in the wrong direction. One patch to many.

10 minutes ago, Toggman said:

PVP Missions or PVE Missions!  I have been playing NA since Dec. 2013 and think this last patch is going to make me stop playing, one thing is I play alone a lot, so I play missions. I wish you did not change them, Now I have to fight with a ship of my class way?  If I am in a ship of the line let me fight a brig if I want or fleet of brigs.  No I have to fight a 3rd rate.   also way take the longitude and latitude off the game map, all captains had a sexton to find there position on the map.   I was in a mission and was boarded and lost my Surprise so now I am back to a basic cutter and now I will have fight for a couple weeks to try and get gold to buy a new ship.  I know one durability is realistic but this is a game, 2 durability would be nice. I have to agree with fox2run.  I did get my money worth from the game.  You people at NA did a great job on the game but now I think you are going in the wrong direction. One patch to many.

1st rates has always had 1 durability so that shouldn't be an issue, as it was there before the wipe.

But if you think about it, no other sandbox MMO pvp oriented game has more than 1 life on vehicles or ships.  EvE is a good example of this.  

While it seems expensive to make 1st rates or any SoL, you have to figure these are the equivalent of a Battleship or Titan in EvE.  So damned right they should be expensive.

Now as far as wanting to blast a bunch of 6th rates in your Victory.. well go OW hunting, you can find a fleet of 6th rates pretty easy.   

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hodo said:

1st rates has always had 1 durability so that shouldn't be an issue, as it was there before the wipe.

But if you think about it, no other sandbox MMO pvp oriented game has more than 1 life on vehicles or ships.  EvE is a good example of this.  

While it seems expensive to make 1st rates or any SoL, you have to figure these are the equivalent of a Battleship or Titan in EvE.  So damned right they should be expensive.

Now as far as wanting to blast a bunch of 6th rates in your Victory.. well go OW hunting, you can find a fleet of 6th rates pretty easy.   

I am ok with the 1 durability but my main concern is the combat missions, they should go back prior to the wipe.  You should be able to attack what ever ship or fleet you like.