Game-Labs Forum

WAR!!! Great Britain Declares War on the US Nation!

Christendom

16 minutes ago, chailang said:

Are you threatening me? Are you threatening me? Are you threatening me? 

CCCP broke alliance. CCCP flipped Bridgetown early in secret deal to deny North American French CMs.

CCCP broke alliance not The Purge.  The Purge honored the alliance until CCCP broke it.  We want our ports back and we want your huge trade fleets out of French ports.  

3 minutes ago, Bach said:

CCCP broke alliance. CCCP flipped Bridgetown early in secret deal to deny North American French CMs.

CCCP broke alliance not The Purge.  The Purge honored the alliance until CCCP broke it.  We want our ports back and we want your huge trade fleets out of French ports.  

Who broke the alliance?  Who attacked the Allies first? 

Edited by chailang
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Just wondering why sink them?  If your short on trade goods shouldn't you be capturing those ships and making a nice prize off them?  Oh and you know there is other ways to make money than trade goods.  I stopped running trade now cause I make more money doing other things like crafting and running missions to help level folks up.  I sale dirt cheap to the other pirates so they can have cannons and ships that they can afford to replace.  

That area is saturated with ports and forts. When attacked they run to the Forts and park under the guns. We typically end up drinking them at range next to the fort. When we can cap them we do.

Edited by Bach

42 minutes ago, Digital Wind said:

The war gives us nothing, Was started because some one allegeledy talked about our agreement (horrible reason for war come on!), we risk a 4 front war, if we win the US has the port power of the swedes.  We are risking SO MUCH, but gain nothing we don't already have in triplicate.

This war feels like it's to satisfy a few people who quit the US because they can't play nice with their old friends.

You got it all wrong. I wasn't at any meeting to declare WAR but I imagine it was declared to maintain honor of some sort. By declaring war publicly it clearly ends the floundering agreement that was made and does so before any shots are fired. I did push for that yesterday as did others.

I'm sure there are some that would like to tangle with their old friends but there is greater purpose to this War than revenge or dislike.

3 minutes ago, Bach said:

guys... make your own thread. this is GB declaring WAR on US thread

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Actually, I saw one 2-3 days ago.  A beast of legend and myth!

I think Spain is the only player ships I wont attack currently.  They are an endangered species. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I think Spain is the only player ships I wont attack currently.  They are an endangered species. 

I almost had the chance to.  He tagged one of our traders and then ran.  He was faster than me and got away.

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

2 hours ago, Digital Wind said:

So the pvp1 guys get to decide the direction of the entire nation?

Well, just to digress into some Naval Action game theory:

Any 1 clan that is capable of creating a threatening port battle can direct national war policy (to a large extent).

This is why most "peace deals" are really just an agreement between the port-flip-capable clans to not flip any ports. There will always, always be solos and tiny guilds out there that just sink everything but without a big enough clan backing them up, they can't flip ports and are merely a PvP threat, not an RvR threat.

This is also why a lot of peace deals just allow for PvP to occur. We'll shoot you if we see you, we just won't flip your ports. This just saves a lot of squabbling and confusion but prevents things from really flaring up.

So yes, if the PvP1 guys are big enough to flip ports then they are a real threat.

Semi-related:
This is also why the Danish clan [CCCP] cannot be negotiated with. They see no difference between PvP and RvR. If they make peace with your "nation" and literally anyone under your nation's flag attacks any of their ships anywhere, they see it the same as full RvR, which is actually how the entire French-Dane problem started to begin with, 2 weeks ago. Some randos from a pickup guild hit one of their traders.

Learn from France. Do not negotiate with the Danes. Kill on sight.

Edited by Slamz

34 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

SO your saying no one has went and set up in the Gulf?  Those are all empty ports and no clans have any interest in them?  Than what the point of holding them.  GB might as well take them from ya'll.  It's called a front line for a reason. Move one port to where you want to make your stand and make it.  If you loose that region move back and stand.  Fight for it if you want to keep it, if not than well it was pretty much never yours in the first place.  Go look on EU and tell me how many port battles happen a day and how many ports exchange hands?  We had a few contested ports so far and that is it?  We should be having at least one good fight every couple a days between nations.  If US is stuck on the East coast only than no wonder why they will loose all those ports to GB.  Maybe it would of been wise to not stay at your capital and expanded out?

Mabe I need to say the same thing a different way.  The gulf ports were mainly captured by TF and VCO and the wanted to set up there, however pirates in FL made their life hard on carebears, so the jumped ship to GB to take those ports back, farm more conquest in the process, and avoid those pirates in FL so they can now trade north to south and be 'Britannias army in the North'. 

Starting at the capitol and expanding out is EXACTLY what the bulk of US has been doing and we are now smack up against pirate ports only.  So yeah, the only real enemy the US has atm are pirates and themselves.

A little more clear?

• Like 1