Game-Labs Forum

Treacherous Danes - the French Cold War Goes Hot

Slamz

War
French Clans Urged to Fight

As many of you know, Denmark long ago declared war on France and stole our territory, including the vital regions of Basse-Terre and Grand-Terre which have the materials we need to generate war supplies as well as being our best coal source.

The French clan [ICS], duped from within by rumored Danish alt Johnny LaKron who shall henceforth be known as "Wormtongue", facilitated this "trade". The deal was that Denmark gets our land and we get Conquest Marks in return. Worthless baubles. Denmark would never return the two Terre regions, which generate both conquest marks and war supplies for them.

French Clan [PURGE] never signed or agreed to this deal and has been sinking Danish ships. Unfortunately we have stood alone in this effort.

We hear now that stage 2 of the Denmark / Wormtongue plan begins soon:

Denmark will take all of our territory and "feed" Conquest Marks back to those French they deem worthy.

France will be a 1 port nation, straight from the mouth of the Danes, and only the worthy will be hand-fed by their Danish masters.

It is not too late to fight.

France has many fighters. The sniveling Danes are +12 hours from most of us so they attack us only at night but this works both ways. We can also attack them during their night.

The Basse-Terre area is rich in Danish NPC fleets. With combined effort, France could flip Danish regions even faster than they flip ours. It will be a war of attrition but it's a war we can win. We can push this straight up into the Danish region until your current masters beg us to leave them alone. This is the only way to deal with tyrants.

I expect Wormtongue will recommend you flee. Some of you may seek out safer waters with the Dutch or British. [PURGE] is staying. We have fought one-port wars before. But it will be easier if all of France contributes.

Did you come to this new world to fight, or did you come to listen to the whispers of Wormtongue and bow and scrape to people he says are your betters?

Choose soon, France. You will find us in the fight.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Serk said:

You've already lost the race.Roseau is about to be flipped.

It's not a sprint.

It's a marathon.

The proper response would be to flip both Terre regions. Ideally we want to flip 1 Danish port every day until they get sick of trying to show up at 9am their time to defend them.

If I can find the people with the willpower to do it, we will flip the Danish homeland within the next week.

The Danes can flip it back but we'll just take it again.

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 2

Please find enclosed [PURGE] opinion of [CCCP] using Indiamen in French territorial waters.

french-opinion.jpg

After-battle party on French deck got a little out of hand but it was okay.

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 4

(Just for the record, my fight stats were actually from the Constitution. The Buc I'm in is the one we captured at the very end. 3 kill credits in the Connie and 5 assists! That thing is a beast. Aristocrat also didn't get sunk directly but was too close to an exploding CCCP. Great job to everyone in that fight.)

edit: here we go. Found a shot from earlier in the fight so we can see what's what.

6-24-fight.jpg

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 4

Ah was a great fight, bit of running given your web of sit-outside-and-wait squadrons and was in your doorstep after we jumped the Bucentaure :)

4v1 ( vs renomee ) and I still manage to gave you a run for all your guns even at close combat, so less propaganda and more action :)

Glad you like the build. As I said, won't be as fast in your hands.

Salute.

3 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Ah was a great fight, bit of running given your web of sit-outside-and-wait squadrons and was in your doorstep after we jumped the Bucentaure :)

4v1 ( vs renomee ) and I still manage to gave you a run for all your guns even at close combat, so less propaganda and more action :)

Glad you like the build. As I said, won't be as fast in your hands.

Salute.

fast enough for me, will sail her to capture more FR's ship as well :) 

• Like 1

CCCP bragging because they won a 4v1 against a 3 week old character, lol. Zouji only made Capitaine de Pavillion 2 days ago!

Meanwhile, the CCCP guy whose Bucentere I stole was found wandering on the sea in a Cerberus. I tested his mettle using my storebought Renommee. As you can see, they are not very good 1v1. Basically like fighting an NPC except NPCs have better aim.

I heard pirates are allied with CCCP. I don't see why. Pirates should pick allies who can actually fight and not just night cap and hide under forts.

yohohosunk.jpg

• Like 4