Game-Labs Forum

Crowdsourced descriptions and modifiers

As I understand it the UI is still way on the end of the devs to-do list for now since there are more urgent matters to adress. 

For new players the UI is probably still a huge turnoff and only those who actually give it a shot will see the real beauty. What is even problematic for most "old dogs" are the cryptic modifiers.

But one benefit of naval action is that we have a small but mostly comitted community (at least for now). Why not use our strengths in the community to kill two birds with one stone and bring the game forward in this simple cause.  

My suggestion is to make it a kind of challenge to describe upgrades, books and their modifiers, wares and ships with fitting and understandable statements, quotes and such. 

The challenge could be for example one item per week. @admin decides which ones are fitting and give it to the players as a poll to decide which they like most. 

The suggestion with the most votes at the end of the week wins and gets a reward in some form - marks, ships, skins etc.

What do you guys think? 

Edited by Black Spawn
typo
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, Guruthos said:

Thats a great idea. Aswell maybe some Artwork to remove the sad grey out of the carabeen of Naval action.

Artwork would be awesome. But we would need some kind of template from the devs on how it would be implemented first...

Players volunteering to help with localizations would help improve the UI a great deal, adding simple and easy to understand directions/instructions to help newcomers navigate through it.

However, I foresee that this could be a copyright/legal issue with players producing stuff (for free) for a game development company that is making the money. It's a little bit more complicated than it sounds. As opposed to a free game mod that players contribute to.

But, It sure would move things much faster.

On 6/25/2017 at 5:17 PM, AngryPanCake said:

Players volunteering to help with localizations would help improve the UI a great deal, adding simple and easy to understand directions/instructions to help newcomers navigate through it.

However, I foresee that this could be a copyright/legal issue with players producing stuff (for free) for a game development company that is making the money. It's a little bit more complicated than it sounds. As opposed to a free game mod that players contribute to.

But, It sure would move things much faster.

I dont think it should be a legal issue as long as its clearly stated that all submissions can be used by the devs to their liking. But then again I have never been in game development...   

But I still think the devs waste potential in not crowdsourcing simple things. 

• Like 1