Game-Labs Forum

Crafting: start new players at level 20

...or revise the whole way crafting XP works.

Just a thought. I am a level 50 crafter now so this does not impact me anymore but when I'm talking about this game to people, trying to convince them to try it, I do have to admit to them that leveling crafting really sucks. Level 1 crafters can't make ships anyone really wants. That won't come until much later and requires a level 2 shipyard.

Actually maybe Cerberus, Surprise and Reno should be moved to level 1 shipyard, so there are a few 5th rates they can make without having to upgrade to the relatively expensive level 2 shipyard.

I can think of lots of ways to revise the whole crafting XP system to make it more useful and fun but "start new players off at level 20" is almost as good.

And "20" is arbitrary. Maybe it should really be 25 or 30. All I know is that I would like to not feel obligated to inform potential customers that it sucks to level up crafting and they will spend many levels churning out useless junk that nobody wants.

Or there is a possibility for a new item:

Crafting contract ( idk)

Cost: 1000 labour hour
Crafting xp when its redeemed by another player: 500xp
Level cap: Usable till you reach crafting level 30 or 35( you can craft alot of frigates then with that level)
Craftable item if you reach level 50 to help out others.

Just spitballing here:)  

7 hours ago, Konali89 said:

Or there is a possibility for a new item:

Crafting contract ( idk)

Cost: 1000 labour hour
Crafting xp when its redeemed by another player: 500xp
Level cap: Usable till you reach crafting level 30 or 35( you can craft alot of frigates then with that level)
Craftable item if you reach level 50 to help out others.

Just spitballing here:)  

If they can ,make a 1000 labor hour item they already can make shops to get more xp