Game-Labs Forum

90hrs logged since wipe, zero Sealed Bottles despite fishing constantly. Doing it wrong? Bug?

surfimp

Since the wipe, I've logged about 90hrs. Most of that time has been spent sailing the OW, and like many players I've turned on Fishing for most of that time. I have not received a single Sealed Bottle drop in that time.

I've sailed a good deal of the eastern edge of the map, having transited from the southern tip of the Leeward Isles just north of Venezuela all the way to the northernmost US ports.
I do not have any fishing-related perks turned on.
I do not click the pray button.

I've seen plenty of anecdotal reports of other captains receiving a good number of Sealed Bottles in this time, so I'm just curious if there's something I'm doing wrong, or if the drop rate is just extremely low? I'd expect that over the course of nearly 100hrs that at least one bottle would've dropped, but maybe that's an unreasonable expectation?

This isn't a big deal for me, just curious if I've misunderstood a fundamental mechanic of how Sealed Bottles are collected.

• Like 1

I have had 4 on EU server and 2 on Global. No perks. It may be just RNG.

BTW - the shipwrecks appear to have the same good as before the wipe - some coins, resources, and maybe labor contracts. I have only collected 2 though.

@Benedict Ahhnold

I've no idea how the bottle pick up rate works. However I've noticed I seem to pickup bottles more on less travelled routes. So, La Nav to Tortue I've never had one, or Atwood to Kidd Island. Go from Ponce to La Orchilla and I'll probably get at least 1 with sharks and manta rays. 

One area and don't ask me why, Jamaica. Saint Ann go to the mid point between there and Portillo. Head WEST just beyond Montego Bay then back again. Try it straight after Server RESTART. 

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 1