Game-Labs Forum

Lack of PvE in advertising

I was talking to some friends about the game with the intention of getting them to play with me. They'd heard of the game and were interested in sailing but werent keen on PvP so had given it a miss. They didn't realise that it wasn't a PvP only game until I told them.

I was just looking over the games description in the steam store and it dawned on me that no where does it mention that there is a PvE server. The description mentions the games hardcore elements, combat, open world gameplay and the player reviews below talk a lot about ganking and pvp. I think this could be discouraging some potential buyers from even trying the game.

I know the main focus is on the PvP experience and the two servers that support that ruleset but I think it should be made clear in the first paragraph of the games description that there is a PvE experience available for those people that want a less confrontational naval game set in the age of sail. The lower numbers on the PvE server may not be because its not popular but because potential buyers don't know about it. The PvE server is only mentioned quite far down the page on the http://www.navalaction.com homepage. I think it should also be mentioned on Steam.

• Like 2