Game-Labs Forum

PvP Rating

A lot of pvpers are unhappy with the loss of pvp marks because it gave them something extra for their endeavours.

I propose a new Rating  system to run alongside the current rank system.

Win a pvp fight and you get pvp points that go  towards an increase in rating. starting at something like harmless through average and up to (yes, you guessed it) Elite. Each rating  needing more than the next exponentially.

The higher the rated person you fight yiu get a lot more points you get so killing a mostly harmless hardly gives any progression unless you are similar rank

So you would be Master and Commander [enter name here] Dangerous

another idea was Chevrons at the side of your title like the xp in Totar war.

This would give pvpers something to work towards and be proud of, and seal clubbing less rewarding.

• Like 2

Sounds good, a notoriety system of sorts, and some bragging rights for PvPers who care about that sort of thing. Off the top of my head I can't think of any glaring issues with it.

Could be used as a multiplier for the existing marks rewards - and (unless it becomes abusable) top tier PvPers might even "drop" conquest marks?

The reality is that marks shouldn't exist at all like conquest marks killing almost the whole fun of PBs, pvp marks delete was a good thing. The only way to promote PVP is bringing back teleport to free ports for example allowing people to establish a combat fleet in zones close to the enemy to make pvp, otherwise it's not going to be something we will see a lot people like me for example we don't have enough time to sail 1 hour to go and another one to come back to search a pvp combat it's not worth it, it wasn't worth it before and it isn't now. With yesterday patch at least we can now craft better ships easily so we can enjoy more the game, before some of us were stucked with surprise and indefatigable now there's light at the end of the tunnel.

1 hour ago, Aegir said:

Sounds good, a notoriety system of sorts, and some bragging rights for PvPers who care about that sort of thing. Off the top of my head I can't think of any glaring issues with it.

Could be used as a multiplier for the existing marks rewards - and (unless it becomes abusable) top tier PvPers might even "drop" conquest marks?

Notoriety, I like that!

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 2:32 PM, Hodo said:

All I need is to hear about people crying that I am hitting their shipping on their coast and no one can catch me...   

That is my favorite part.  

This system is for real pvpers  :ph34r:

Edited by Elbizor