Game-Labs Forum

PVP/PVE or Combat Marks currency done properly

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Because PvP marks promote ganking new players which is cancer for the game.

I want more gold, more XP and more combat marks from PvP so that I dont feel I waste my time while I could unlock some slots and get some money from PVE missions.

New players could, I don't know, maybe join a clan, play with friends, speak up on nation or even global chat. 

Or, you could even add level difference restrictions. But this community would just all make alts of low level to protect their trade runs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Because PvP marks promote ganking new players which is cancer for the game.

I want more gold, more XP and more combat marks from PvP so that I dont feel I waste my time while I could unlock some slots and get some money from PVE missions.

it promotes killing enemy ships.............. which I thought was a large part of what the game was supposed to be about........ if ganking is such a feared thing in naval action then please just make it so a battle cannot  be pulled unless the BR is totally equal. that way no one can every say they got ganked. and people can only go into fights that they desire.

people could then just sail around while watching Netflix or youtube without ever being killed. if your worried about the newbs being killed them put them back in the rookie zones. as I said you really really have to try to be doing everything wrong in order to be killed.

Edited by King of Crowns
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, King of Crowns said:

it promotes killing enemy ships.............. which I thought was a large part of what the game was supposed to be about........ if ganking is such a feared thing in naval action then please just make it so a battle cannot  be pulled unless the BR is totally equal. that way no one can every say they got ganked. and people can only go into fights that they desire.

people can then just sail around while watching Netflix or youtube without ever being killed. if your worried about the newbs being killed them put them back in the rookie zones.

LOL, "Netflix & Sail?"

2 hours ago, codyproxy said:

Frankly i don't think that you want to restrict items to only PVP-ers. Everything should be archievable (at least in terms of costs) by doing PVE/Missions/Trading.

I don't have a problem with getting more for PVP (in terms of exchange), as long as people who aren't PVP-ing every night can also get all stuff in the game.

Everything in the game is tradable, so the restriction is only in the initial mark redemption/acquisition.  Which makes it hardly a restriction. You can always open your coffers and engage your community for trade regardless of the 'I can't PVP every night' argument.

Edited by Landomatic

1 minute ago, Elbizor said:

you didn't have pvp marks before the wipe, did you just pve then?

NO only PVP since day one of steam release. before this patch I could teleport to Freeport and then go hunting from there. now I must sail 2 hours to go find people to kill and that's only IF any of the factors I listed in my previous post don't deny the pvp action on that player. we just want something to work towards with our pvp.

give me a special mark on the sails something........ anything...... even the paints or pvp events was fine. might as well go back to that now. there sure as heck is no other reason to go pvp.

• Like 2

If you want something "special" for pvp, how about a pvp rating system?

Would run side by side with rank, start at something like harmless and progress with pvp xp  through average  up to Elite (I know ive borrowed the examples)

It wont give you and special items to make you better than others but more stature

• Like 1

Just now, Elbizor said:

If you want something "special" for pvp, how about a pvp rating system?

Would run side by side with rank, start at something like harmless and progress with pvp xp  through average  up to Elite (I know ive borrowed the examples)

It wont give you and special items to make you better than others but more stature

sure that would be fine. an unlimited cap on the xp rank for pvp ranks  that is visible when some one clicked on my ship. chevrons on the sails or on the sides of the ship.

13 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

but I am expected to go grind PVE so I can have money? and why cant I build my line ship from PVE? why must I participate in RVR to get a line ship?  what ur suggesting is just going back to the old system. NO marks at all. and honestly at this point they might as well.  and it was you that suggested that the pvpers need to wait for ARENA..... not me. and yea if there are special rewards for the conquest people and for the PVE people why cant the PVP people have rewards?

no you dont have to pve to get money ...go pvp capture a ship and sell it ..it will provide more cash than a pve kill ..... if  your a dedicated pvp player why do you want a lineship ...the only pvp your going to get one with one of those is when you lose it . ... i dont think conquest marks are a good idea anyway ... personally would be happy if they gave one combat mark per pve kill .... say 5 for a pvp kill and 5 for a port battle win .. ,,, but even that will encourage pvp farming

• Like 1

Just now, King of Crowns said:

sure that would be fine. an unlimited cap on the xp rank for pvp ranks  that is visible when some one clicked on my ship. chevrons on the sails or on the sides of the ship.

Like the Chevrons in Empire total war ? I like it

6 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

NO only PVP since day one of steam release. before this patch I could teleport to Freeport and then go hunting from there. now I must sail 2 hours to go find people to kill and that's only IF any of the factors I listed in my previous post don't deny the pvp action on that player. we just want something to work towards with our pvp.

give me a special mark on the sails something........ anything...... even the paints or pvp events was fine. might as well go back to that now. there sure as heck is no other reason to go pvp.

i seem to remember that pre wipe that you were boasting you could trade and pvp without the need to teleporting and the removal of teleporting was a great idea

6 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

no you dont have to pve to get money ...go pvp capture a ship and sell it ..it will provide more cash than a pve kill ..... if  your a dedicated pvp player why do you want a lineship ...the only pvp your going to get one with one of those is when you lose it . ... i dont think conquest marks are a good idea anyway ... personally would be happy if they gave one combat mark per pve kill .... say 5 for a pvp kill and 5 for a port battle win .. ,,, but even that will encourage pvp farming

Our nations are at War, we play on a PVP server.  What is PVP farming?  They already PVP farm.

Edited by Landomatic

5 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

sigh............ I give up...... apparently you don't understand. that pvp players have to have the support of PVE players. for example in my clan there are 7 of us that do Strict pvp. we are supplied by 2 PVE players (they occasionally come hunt with us very rarely) that we give our  money to and our marks to. they have purpose because we HAD purpose. now we don't. so the 7 of us will quit and the 2 pve players will have nothing to do so they will also quit.

Edited by King of Crowns
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

i seem to remember that pre wipe that you were boasting you could trade and pvp without the need to teleporting and the removal of teleporting was a great idea

yea because it forced people into the open world. which is what needed to happen. now we just need a reason to be in the open world. which we still don't have after a year and a half.

Edited by King of Crowns

5 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

sigh............ I give up...... apparently you don't understand. that pvp players have to have the support of PVE players. for example in my clan there are 7 of us that do Strict pvp. we are supplied by 2 PVE players (they occasionally come hunt with us very rarely) that we give our  money to and our marks to. they have purpose because we HAD purpose. now we don't. so the 7 of us will quit and the 2 pve players will have nothing to do so they will also quit.

no i dont understand  at all...  i dont understand why you need to have pve players supply you with anything ...unless you are not very good at pvp and keep losing your ships

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

what your referring to is ALT farming........  which is a bannable offense.

Just now, Landomatic said:

Of course I do.  I was trying to pretend it doesn't exist with the assumption our player pool would never exploit a game mechanic for the sake of unfair gain.

like  i said in an earlier post someone was selling 40 pvp marks in kpr within first week of wipe ...your not so innocent minded surely .... im not sure how much goes on but the amount of ships you see sailing around that required a large number of pvp marks to build  is suspicous to me ..

2 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

like  i said in an earlier post someone was selling 40 pvp marks in kpr within first week of wipe ...your not so innocent minded surely .... im not sure how much goes on but the amount of ships you see sailing around that required a large number of pvp marks to build  is suspicous to me ..

Alt farming and/or noob ganking ... probably it has to do sth with it ... 

I agree the rewards nowadays for PvP are not high enough. But if you make special items just accessable for players who invest alot of time in pvp no pve player can ever compete with them at all ... first less experience and second his ship is not that good. everyone of the pvp players who is complaining about the new system always said he was not participating in ganking and they always were searching for equal fights ... but is it still equal if all good shipknowlage is nearly just to get with pvp marks? lets say you board a surprise with your surprise and you have all good bording upgrates but the other palyer could net even affrort 1 yet? that has aswell nothing to do with equality and challange so actually every pvp player writing here should be happy that finally they really can have equal fights ... instead they ask for sth special for them to get ... ok some would be happy with paintings so those i actually consider really as players who really want to fight an equal fight. 

Somehow it's funny that a rating system aswell could make some happy ... but better i don't continue this point and keep my thoughts for myself. 

5 hours ago, Guruthos said:

Alt farming and/or noob ganking everyone of the pvp players who is complaining about the new system always said he was not participating in ganking and they always were searching for equal fights

Never said we were not doing this but last I checked it is not against the rules. anyone who is a pvper knows that its hard enough to find a player that you can attack and so once you find one it would be foolish to pass up the opportunity. as long as there is an open world there will not be balanced fights unless they are prearranged. the devs have already stated this. and they have also made it known that it is not their goal to make every fight balanced/even.         imagine how silly it would be in dayz/h1z1 if the players just getting started were complaining because they keep getting killed by people with gear....... and then the devs make it so that everyone spawns fully geared................. that's what just happened u don't have to work for good ships, you can just go mindlessly grind AI and get the best of everything out there. no use of skill required. no risk required..

3 hours ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Equalize the playing field and get rid of conquest marks and I'd be happy. 

Then we can all work towards a single form of 'mark' currency in whatever fashion we want 

I agree. @ this point the mark system should just be deleted. it has no function any more.  which is sad b/c it was a good mechanic.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

that's only 8 kills in one week.(I was averaging 13 kills a day before I retired yesterday)........ that is for sure possible bud. 5th rate kills= 40 marks. I'm sure there were people that were alt farming. but the devs are supposed to be able to catch them. they knew this was going to be problem when they were developing the mechanic. if they couldn't catch/stop the alt farmers then they shoulda never developed the mechanic the community told them that this was going to be a problem when the idea was first put out there. lord vicious said in a post that sorry has 140 members and about 120 alts so just let that sink in for a min and think of everything that can be broken by that many alts.

Edited by King of Crowns