Total War against Great Britain

Senhor Lenhador

His Most Catholic Majesty

The King of Spain

And of the Oriental and Occidental Indies

Announces Through His Viceregal Representatives

The Most Noble and August Clan:

VLTRA

Henceforth and without exception VLTRA refuses to deal diplomatically with the any and all clans of the British faction except through means of war. There will be no surrender accepted, no quarter given and no line that will not be crossed in our pursuit of nothing less than the complete destruction of this faction's capacity for RvR.

VLTRA had previously been at war with the British and were aware of their weaknesses.  VLTRA held off attacking ports for several weeks because of this and entered into several talks with representatives of the British Council.  Balancing the desire for PvP and wanting to ensure that player bases aren't adversely affected is difficult.  There are always times when things could be done better but we always tried to enter negotiations in good faith and in a way that would be healthy for our new server.  What happened today was disgraceful and the lack of any British Council presence in their Nation Chat or Global Chat condemning what at the very least is against the spirit of the game is something that should give the faction much to reflect upon.   Alea Iacta Est.

PLVS VLTRA

Lesser_Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_Spain_1700_

Edited by Senhor Lenhador
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Senhor Lenhador said:

pursuit of nothing less than the complete destruction of this faction's capacity for RvR.

I'm sorry to say, but I think devs might have already fulfilled your war goal for you. Relative to their population, brits access to conquest marks is abysmal.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 22

Just now, Anolytic said:

To be clear. There is no greater desire to me in this game, than to fight against Brits. But I want to sink (or capture) HMS Victory, not HMS Basic Cutter or HMS Cerberus.

But for that the Brits need to be able to make HMS Victory first. And if Spain does the curbstomp they are threatening with, they are removing your source of future fun. What to do...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

But for that the Brits need to be able to make HMS Victory first. And if Spain does the curbstomp they are threatening with, they are removing your source of future fun. What to do...

Have fun with spanish, or you afraid of them?

5 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

A bit late?

15 minutes ago, Cabral said:

And this Casus Belli letter is just ridiculous, why they declare war twice at same nation? That hostility fleet was coming with peace in their holds? Maybe some humanitary help?

I'd think of this as a clarification of a previously nebulous state of hostility into a "the gloves are off" battle to the death.

1 minute ago, Senhor Lenhador said:

I'd think of this as a clarification of a previously nebulous state of hostility into a "the gloves are off" battle to the death.

Ah, thank you. If it was not your plan all along.

Punitive measures, sure, but to declare a "total war" for something like this is really pathetic.

And seeing how people act when finally in a position of strength is a good judge of character.

Can someone explain to me what the hello kitty "VLTRA" is? Never heard of them before...

Edit: Who the "Hell" integrated a bad word changer in this website - its fun! :D

Edited by Twig
  • Like 1

We don't even have a full 4th rate port battle fleet, I don't know what you guys want to get out of this "war", but if its good fights and glorious victories I have bad news for you. Have fun sinking every 5th rate on your way to KPR.

How fragile is the memory of some. Is that no one remembers when the alliance between British, Dutch and American left Spain with 3 ports? I do not remember any of those who now complain complaining about the decompensation of the game. What I do remember is that we face them with frigates ... against Victorys, pavels and 3rd rates. But of course, the hello kittying Spaniards were not the all-powerful Brits. It is incredible that with all who are in the British faction they are dedicated to crying in the forums instead of trying to organize themselves. That a single clan like Vltra is able to achieve all this, makes clear what the English problem is, try to see too far and do not see the hole in front of them.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, qw569 said:

@Senhor Lenhador i have a question.

Did you get blessing from @Don Inocencio Botijo, Metropolitan Archbishop of Habana, and, by extension, of the whole Caribbean, and ultimate theological and moral authority around these waters?

Sometimes it is better to seek forgiveness than to ask permission :P

Edited by Senhor Lenhador
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, The Spud said:

We don't even have a full 4th rate port battle fleet, I don't know what you guys want to get out of this "war", but if its good fights and glorious victories I have bad news for you. Have fun sinking every 5th rate on your way to KPR.

Remember Santiago?? 3rd day after wipe? 25 brits vs 25 Spanish? Full pb battle... Brits lost.....sorry.

5 minutes ago, Jorge said:

How fragile is the memory of some. Is that no one remembers when the alliance between British, Dutch and American left Spain with 3 ports? I do not remember any of those who now complain complaining about the decompensation of the game. What I do remember is that we face them with frigates ... against Victorys, pavels and 3rd rates. But of course, the hello kittying Spaniards were not the all-powerful Brits. It is incredible that with all who are in the British faction they are dedicated to crying in the forums instead of trying to organize themselves. That a single clan like Vltra is able to achieve all this, makes clear what the English problem is, try to see too far and do not see the hole in front of them.

"That a single clan like Vltra is able to achieve all this...", sorry but you forgeting the help you had from a certain pirate clan in getting CM's and ports switched. Don't be ungratfull.