Game-Labs Forum

British using basic cutter exploit.

Hello, I open this thread to denounce the abusive action of several players of the British faction. These players have used illicit mechanics to combat my ship with an IA fleet. I think it's a clear exploit of the rules. I add that I do not know how 6 basic cutters can put in combat a fleet with 3 Trincomalees and an L'Ocean with the BR that they have. It is clearly seen in the video how they make a friend fire to catch fire and let themselves explode next to my boat. In any case you should take action against this type of exploit as it damages the gameplay of this magnificent game. Obviously this request is from a case different from another one raised today by a colleague of Vltra. Thank you.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/865103474912154416/20A92EC108F80CBE5F6814619D6EEE16D3414128/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/865103474912133921/71409844A1BCB1CC037D0CA14417379A988355B0/

Edited by Jorge
  • Like 6

Guessing:

They attack the NPC fleet and it pulls you in?

I know that was an old trick back in the day. Sit near an NPC and keep cycling attack on it, then let it go through when an enemy was passing nearby. He thinks everything is great and then poof, he's in a fight and probably in a really bad position.

Workaround (if true) --

Watch out for cutters shadowing NPC fleets and avoid that fleet.

• Like 1

Do we moderators have to explain to you every time that the Tribunal has special rules?

If you dont have anything to prove nor dismiss a claim brought here you must stay silent

You have no business in the Tribunal if you are not involved - period.

And yes I keep posts that are informative and helping the matter. All opinions and bullshitting, trolling or whatnot is removed

• Like 3

Basic cutters Cost for crew is 0

Basic cutters cost for repairs is 0

Basic cutters cost is 0.

One basic cutter explosión near one L'Ocean...results in 2 masts down and 300 crew died. Amazing ....

If anyone think that using basic cutters like this is a fair game, then is better for all stop build any other ship. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Christendom said:

I believe admin said fireships are legit tactics.  See the Spanish Armada of 1588.

post is here.

You have to learn a little more...

The British threw 6 fireships against the Spanish Armada, they passed without doing any damage to the Spanish ships, the fireships were not manned and were easily avoidable.

It was the Dutch who perfected this technique, they did succeed in sinking English boats.

One thing is certain, the English and the Dutch spent money throwing their fireships.
Edited by Dominguez

Is not it an immersive gameplay?

I see a beautiful battle which could happen in reality (and did happen). As it is hard to pull off the spanish fleet was victorious anyway, but british fleet was able to inflict some monetary loss on the opponent.

Some tips for similar situations in the future

When attacked by a cutter - just sail at 135 and they will not be able to keep up
In addition to that use brace before explosions as it significantly limits the crew loss. 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, admin said:

I see a beautiful battle which could happen in reality (and did happen). As it is hard to pull off the spanish fleet was victorious anyway, but was able to inflict some monetary loss on the opponent.

I do not in any way see this case as a matter for the tribunal. However it is neither beautiful nor immersive, when PvP has been made so expensive, to have absolutely free ships involved in it. Had it been actual cutters, that you buy or craft and put cannons on, then I could have seen the beauty of the action, but the basic cutter spam is detrimental to the game and to PvP, and I thought the recent changes to them were made in recognition of this fact.

• Like 4

Perfect from today, only Spanish ships will leave basic cutter to plant the panic in ports, as they are free and give us free way will be the time to do it ... so that we can build boats with these we are worth ... when the Brits will then change this .. no? Thank you x give us some legal ideas

13 minutes ago, admin said:

I see a beautiful battle which could happen in reality (and did happen). As it is hard to pull off the spanish fleet was victorious anyway, but british fleet was able to inflict some monetary loss on the opponent.

When attacked by a cutter - just sail at 135 and they will not be able to keep up
In addition to that use brace before explosions as it significantly limits the crew loss. 

So you're justifying a way of play that allows players to cause heavy damages in the enemy fleet while they risk nothing because they're on free ships.

I hope you aren't saying that

• Like 1

Just now, Pablo Frias said:

So you're justifying a way of play that allows players to cause heavy damages in the enemy fleet while they risk nothing because they're on free ships.

I hope you aren't saying that

TBF - would you really be ok with the same happening on normal cutters? Honestly I doubt it but I would 100% support a hotfix that puts Basic cutters into PvE only with no possibility of PvP involvement.

• Like 1

The facts proven by captures and videos do not give rise to doubts. The massive use of basic cutter by players of the English nation makes impossible the game to advance.
The impossibility of heating an area with the risk of displacement to an enemy zone of a fleet added to the enormous amount of time that must be spent forces the players to be endless periods of hours without any possibility of completing the task.
The risk for English players in this case is null zero cost of repairs and zero cost of boat.sumed to the proximity where the combat is developed that makes the few minutes are again in the area. Against the Spanish fleet before the numerous casualties of crew and countless expense of repair makes it impossible to complete the mission.
If you do not take action, you run the risk that the game will collapse, and whenever a nation tries to heat a port, the solution is very easy for the nation that defends only have to leave with a fleet of cutter that also use the Exploit to shoot itself between them to be exploded to make impossible that the enemy can warm that area without the defenders risk anything.
No penalization of money no penalty of repair cost no penalty of cos
We go to the court to take the appropriate measures so that these actions do not affect the good development of the game

3 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

TBF - would you really be ok with the same happening on normal cutters? Honestly I doubt it but I would 100% support a hotfix that puts Basic cutters into PvE only with no possibility of PvP involvement.

Attacking fleet in the OW and battle starts, is PvE or PvP ?

1 minute ago, Jorge said:

If any player enters battle on the AI side it automatically becomes PVP.

Is this how it actually works or only wishful thinking ? Make a suggestion. :)

( what happens to the Basic Cutters inside a PvE battle ? they get insta vaporized ? )

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, admin said:

So you just see that. Do not see players who do not mind exploding over and over again because they are not supposed to spend any, do not see players who use a boat that is not for PvP to attack other players and do not see players who use the fire friend To burn themselves. Great way to see things Admin.

PS: the English did not sink any Spanish ship in 1588 with their brulotes, all were dodged.

10 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

That can be exploited to much cause than you will have RA running around loaded with Permits and LC running around safe.  What they should do is the basic cutters have no slots at all. It should be a start training ship. Or just make some modes like the fire ship not usable on the basic cutter.

• Like 1

We have already severely limited the newbie ship, based on heavy ships owners feedback.
To the point that it is useless for pvp practice (rookies who you all want to be in game don't have a practice fall back ship)
You are now proposing to remove it from pve (pve attacks pull players in as it is a pvp server)

Simple organization will help to avoid the basic cutter attack. If you see it hugging an NPC fleet move away. 
Just like Pablo said. 

2 hours ago, Pablo Frias said:

You know what, british, there´s a thing called "organization", it will resolve all your problems and will make your life easier.

• Like 5