Game-Labs Forum

Faster reload time

Rifleman57

Question

5 answers to this question

False.

A cannon will either get reloaded if you've got enough crew on it, or it doesnt. F5-ing a broadside while only reloading one side, and having enogh crew, won't make a difference.

Only thing that makes cannons reload faster are upgrades such as powder monkeys / improoved mag. access / ...

• Like 4

Just now, Apina said:

is this true?

If youre sailing a ship that dont have full crew for the cannons F5ing seems to me be vital tactic.

for example our indefatigable, after getting stern raked by AI (and if you claim this has not happened to you its a lie :)). loads guns much faster when you move the poor bastards from loaded side to unloaded one.

A gun wont reload faster when there are more crew member standing around it, if it already has the amount of crew it needs.

However when you're low on crew, f5 ing a side or in general crew management can allow you to reload more cannons of a side at a time.

• Like 2

is this true?

If youre sailing a ship that dont have full crew for the cannons F5ing seems to me be vital tactic.

for example our indefatigable, after getting stern raked by AI (and if you claim this has not happened to you its a lie :)). loads guns much faster when you move the poor bastards from loaded side to unloaded one.

Pressing F5 will also cut the gunnery crew requirements in half, say it was 200 for both broadsides and you got 160 crew (so it show gunnery 160/200), if you press F5 to lock a broaside it will change this to (160/100) at which point the "extra" 60 crew will spread to sailing (if activated) and afterwards to boarding (even when not active) so it shows 100/100 on gunnery might show 80/80 on sails and 30/0 on boarding.

This is handy when for instance in a lineship you know you won't be shooting your left broadside for a long time (linefights), you disable the left side and it will put the extra crew in sailing which makes you more manouverable. Do take in mind that it takes time for your crew to 'restation" to the gunnery department when you open the broadside up again.

Correct me if i'm wrong on this, its since pre wipe I checked this.