Game-Labs Forum

Agree terms of surrender in battle map ship to ship

Hello I'd like to propose that in battle when a player surrender that those players can agree terms of surrender giving the chance to keep the ship to the other player in exchange for money or pvp marks or cargo..etc Like a trading but on battle map after one side has surrended to the other side, this could save us time of sailing to a free port having or not having fleet perk to give the ships back...etc. I think is a cool and nice idea and definitely something very realistic that could add a new interesting point to battles and people wanting to keep a trading ship after being attacked.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Rick Astley said:

Sounds good I like this idea. Problem is with PVP marks these days, chances are they will be ignored, cargo looted and ship sunk.

POTBS had  a system you can offer at start of battle when pretty much being tagged to offer part of your cargo.  So something like that where if they put up the surrender and it gives a terms and you accept the battle will be over and they can escape once you pick up the cargo or gold offered in exchange for keeping you ship, but than again loosing your ship is still a risk.  I don't have to keep my agreement once I inspect your cargo.  It's a risk one can take, but I would prob let low levels go if I inspect there cargo's and they pay me a bribe to let them live.  You know like pirates actually did.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

POTBS had  a system you can offer at start of battle when pretty much being tagged to offer part of your cargo.  So something like that where if they put up the surrender and it gives a terms and you accept the battle will be over and they can escape once you pick up the cargo or gold offered in exchange for keeping you ship, but than again loosing your ship is still a risk.  I don't have to keep my agreement once I inspect your cargo.  It's a risk one can take, but I would prob let low levels go if I inspect there cargo's and they pay me a bribe to let them live.  You know like pirates actually did.

I like the suggestion and also what you have included to the gameplay with the idea from POTBS but with this current meta of pvp marks, the chances of allowing the ship to go is a no no.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rick Astley said:

I like the suggestion and also what you have included to the gameplay with the idea from POTBS but with this current meta of pvp marks, the chances of allowing the ship to go is a no no.

PvP rewards need to honestly be reworked. It rewards the solo player more and than it encourages kill steal and every man for them selves in fights.   I think the problem would be fix if they didn't make the reward split between all in the fight.  Every one should get a base reward xp (both win and looser) for damage.  Than reward the Assit and kills with the marks/credits.   Every Assist is 1 PvP mark and a kill is 2 PvP marks.    Maybe weight it for BR difference in the fight that if you take a bigger ship you get more marks than the base if you have a lower BR.

Admin mention they are looking into doing some changes to rewards.  We did get them to drop the -xp in fights if you didn't get any rewards cause we where getting -xp a lot when we captured ships.   So expect some changes. I think we are getting 10.3 this week so it will have a few changes in it.

• Like 3

There is a very wide gulf between the act of surrender today and in the 19th century, the code of honour by which navies fought in this period died in the 20th century. That code actually permitted surrender despite the risks of prosecution under the Articles of War, For any Captain to have surrendered his sword and struck his nations colours the situation would have been beyond salvation, few captains ever fought on to the total annihilation of his crew,

Every American knows of John Paul Jones and the Bonne Homme Richarde, many Brits have good cause to remember too. "Sir, I have not yet begun to fight!" In response to the offer of terms for his surrender ring down the years and are in the finest traditions of the Continental Navy, the father of the United States Navy. Indeed it was the Captain of HMS Seraphis who surrendered when his position became untenable. No man in either Navy would have condemned either Captain or the men under command for the way they carried out their duty.

I actually like the proposal, it reflects the code of honour of the time, while a Captain would not have released a prize in such manner as his Courts Martial would be assured, I think that particular detail could be overlooked, in favour of a discretional choice on the part of the victorious Captain. Perhaps such acts of compassion and adherence to such an archaic code of honour will reduce some of the vitriolic garbage spouted in chat and occasionally on these forums.

• Like 2

This suggestion was made already several times and i think it should come into the game. but as long as the system is like now with the PVP marks most anyway want to sink the ship for the marks and not for getting the ship. rework that sytem with pvp marks and give a siutable surrender mechanic and alot more people maybe will like to do PVP cause they don't always lose their ships.