Game-Labs Forum

custome flags and sails

so I couldnt find the post ive seen in the past in regards to this (honestly i was to lazy to look, why? because f**k you thats why)

custom flags and sails. "zolfo what do you mean by this" well its simple (and mostly self explanatory) let us use custom flags that we can make for our ships. for pirates it would be 2 flags to customize. the clan flag which would be the large flag on the back of the ship. this would be created and editable by the clan leader only (unless we get the ability to create and edit clan ranks with permissions then mabe certain ranks can have access). the main mast flag (its the smaller flag at the top that more resembles a hemorroid) this one should be a personal flag. one that could be edited to represent the player that owns the account and potentially unique. now here is where it gets sketchy, non- pirate national flags. obviously you need to be able to see a nation by its flag in battle as its not always easy to see the players name. with the pirate flag its all black with a custom icon to represent the clan (with some restrictions so its still a pirate flag). so other nationals still need the faction flag BUT could potentially have a second flag to represent their clan. perhaps it could sit under the faction flag. the main mast flag should still belong to the character or account.

if this isnt acceptable then allow clans to at least make a custom flag that goes onto the main mast and is larger then the hemmerroid flag that currently sits there.

"but Zolfo there wasnt many different flags in reality!" oh ya?

flag flown by Edward Low

400px-Edward_Low_Flag.svg.png

one of the flags flown by Blackbeard

512px-Pirate_Flag_of_Blackbeard_(Edward_

and many more https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jolly_Roger

https://www.google.com/search?q=british+flags+in+history&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0qtDOvMPUAhUG9GMKHV84CBQQsAQIUQ&biw=1920&bih=916

the flag designer dont have to be crazy stupid with a ton of options just basic shapes so we can make our own (im refering to all clans across all factions not just pirates). and to avoid any racist or "graphic" flags (yes i fully expect someone to fly a cock n' balls) set up a submission program where you (the devs) can review and accept any or all creations for use in game. yes this may be slow but would be the best way to ensure the EULA isnt broken (in reguards to obscene materials)

• Like 1

I would like to see clan banners. Doesnt have to be custom. If they do allow custom arma does a nice system for their unit emblems where people create custom emblems and it is then placed upon the shoulder like so: 

FwQIMK1.png

If naval action implements this for sails I think it would be awesome and easy for players to acess.

I would just be happy with clan flags.  Even if they are the only ones that see it.  Every one else see's your nation flag, but fellow clan memebers will see your clan flag instead.  That way in battle you can tell who is your clan members just by the flag on the ship.