Game-Labs Forum

Help for new players

Problem:

One thing I have noticed about this game that is a problem is that original sail. for example you got your friend to get the game. so you tell him the server to pick and the nation to pick. he is like yea... I'm at the capital what do I do........ and your response is this... get your cutter and sail 3 hours to where we are. I hate having to say that to a new buddy who just got the game because I know it will crush any desire they had to play.  thus your friends first 3 hours in naval action is spent watching his cutter sail in open world.

Solution:

at the begging allow the player to choose their port that they start in. national or free. allow them to pick the port they would like to start in. put recommended by the capital to keep solo people from being confused. I would have at least 5 more people playing the game if their first 3 hours in naval action wasn't spent sailing to the front line in a cutter.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, King of Crowns said:

sometimes your clan might be out of a free port. whole point is that they new guy can play with friends -the 3 hour sail to the front.

freeport is to much open for alt exploit

• Like 2

Or, you know, sail to the capital to meet your friend, do some missions with him to teach him the ropes, and then (maybe in the next play session) sail to this hypothetical free port that is 3 hrs away.

I mean, that's what I'd do, if it was an actual friend who was getting into the game.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sansón Carrasco said:

Or, you know, sail to the capital to meet your friend, do some missions with him to teach him the ropes, and then (maybe in the next play session) sail to this hypothetical free port that is 3 hrs away.

I mean, that's what I'd do, if it was an actual friend who was getting into the game.

I may be in the middle of pvp or actually playing the game and therefore wont have time.