Game-Labs Forum

Improvement - Breaking up captured ships

The amount of parts is so low that there is no sense in breaking up captured ships. Please adjust it. Especially while we can only capture other player ships.

To not flood the market with parts i would suggest that only player made ships and not shop ones give when broken up at least more than 40% of the used parts.

• Like 12

With the 1 durability system in place this can be reviewed indeed and would promote just another venue of dealing with captures ( or even promote captures more ).

What would not be possible IMO would be to buy ships from NPC shop to break ( but prices seem perfect for that if they stay as it is now ).

+1

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

Capturing ship = no reward. I want to grab parts of the ships after it's sank. Why if after boarding I sink enemy ship, I cannot grab some carriages or cannons from it? They are all hidden or what?

Yes, that's also a good proposal if we don't want to bring the ship. Carriages and the cannons. Maybe canvas and cables also.

After it is sinking... there ain't not time sah !

• Like 1

On 6/15/2017 at 3:12 PM, Smithy said:

maybe throw some RNG in with a chance of regaining a refit or perm upgrade fitted to ship?

For the OP 40% is a bit high, I would say more like 20% and I like this.  Small chance that you can save the refits and perm upgrades when you break up the ship.

5 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Capturing ship = no reward. I want to grab parts of the ships after it's sank. Why if after boarding I sink enemy ship, I cannot grab some carriages or cannons from it? They are all hidden or what?

Cannons I can see as this is something Pirates/Privateers would do cause cannons where worth a lot and some times a ship might have some better cannons than you had.  Maybe just give a small chance to salvage some of the cannons like when you come up to the AI ships.  This way you can get a source of other cannons than just mediums in game and not bring the whole ship back.  I think the break down of mats should only be reserved for when your back in port.  Maybe even limit it to only those with shipyards can salvage from a ship a percentage of the mats from it's building.  I would love to see some more refits too instead of just the Pirate Frigate that are made from capture/built ships that you bring in and refit.    Would be a great thing for pirates if we ever got our own mechanics, but than that will prob never happen so lets just be able to break them down for a portion of the mats.

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

The question is why you cannot loot ship from cannons if you win a boarding. You have to take it into your fleet, then take them out in port etc.

We should. Player ships.

• Like 1