Game-Labs Forum

Sinking time of ships (too fast)

The thing is that ai ships or player ships when you finally destroy the middle bar of them they don't sink gradually they just suddenly stop like throwing an anchor and they sink so fast. Sometimes it's even hard to loot them. This could be more realistic I think it was ok before the wipe if i remember well but not sure. I hope it becomes more realistic.

AI sinking time has already been extended with the last patch. Do you think it's still too fast? I find it's quite good balanced now. Even if Ai's deck is almost under water I'm still able to press X and loot them.

I think the area in which you need to be to loot needs to be extended a little. sometimes it is frustrating trying to get a ship turned in time to 180 back on yoursrelf to try get close when you were already stupidly close.

• Like 1

I miss out on a lot of loot because I can't get slow enough and in position in time before the enemy sinks BUT I still don't want the sinking to be slower. I just need to get better.

Hell, most times I'm just wishing that stripped down ship would die and sink quicker and stop shooting at me!

45 minutes ago, maturin said:

I think it would get awkward to slow it down anymore.

Looting the sinkers does add some stress to the experience, but it's good practice for learning how to stop efficiently.

Mean while the other AI ships have gotten behind you because you need to sail up wind due to the AI always wanting to turn up wind when they sink, that or the instant stop they perform when they sink.

In very large ships this is pretty much impossible to loot them.

17 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Mean while the other AI ships have gotten behind you because you need to sail up wind due to the AI always wanting to turn up wind when they sink, that or the instant stop they perform when they sink.

In very large ships this is pretty much impossible to loot them.

Looting is a luxury when you are outnumbered, then.

It's not hard to stick close to the AI as they sink, unless you can't withstand their firepower.

42 minutes ago, maturin said:

Looting is a luxury when you are outnumbered, then.

It's not hard to stick close to the AI as they sink, unless you can't withstand their firepower.

So then loot needs to be more rewarding for the effort and risk, no point looting something only to get 30 rum while your back has been shot and you lose 100 crew.