Game-Labs Forum

Traiding fraud in Kingston/PR

Hello Admins,

I was buying labour hours in Kingston/Port Royal to let them materials craft. I provided the resources and agreed to pay for 1900lh 50.000gold. Gold would be provided after the crafting is done. I gave him the resources, 400Lignum Vitae, 180 White Oak log and 600 Oak logs to craft 1000Blocks, 300 White Oak Frame Parts and 1000 oak Planks. After I gave him the resources, he disappered. I tried it for more than half an hour but to no prevail.

The name of the player was Phill Mcrakken

I would preciate it if my materials are handed back or if the guy is severely punished for beeing a fraud.

Picture is provided, I tried to write to him several times but with no answer (picture does only show a 10min periode, i tried it more than half an hour and the following day).

Date: 14.06.17(23.30pm)-15.06.17(00.20am)

Phill Mcrakken fraud.jpg

Edited by Kogoon

Stranger Danger know who you're trading with  Not all Players are honest, and the Admins have admitted that there is no game rule against what is known in the legal profession as the crime of "Larceny by Trick"

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kogoon said:

Hello Admins,

I was buying labour hours in Kingston/Port Royal to let them materials craft. I provided the resources and agreed to pay for 1900lh 50.000gold. Gold would be provided after the crafting is done. I gave him the resources, 400Lignum Vitae, 180 White Oak log and 600 Oak logs to craft 1000Blocks, 300 White Oak Frame Parts and 1000 oak Planks. After I gave him the resources, he disappered. I tried it for more than half an hour but to no prevail.

The name of the player was Phill Mcrakken

I would preciate it if my materials are handed back or if the guy is severely punished for beeing a fraud.

Picture is provided, I tried to write to him several times but with no answer (picture does only show a 10min periode, i tried it more than half an hour and the following day).

Date: 14.06.17(23.30pm)-15.06.17(00.20am)

Captain. 

we understand the frustration - it happened before too. 
There is a pinned article in the economy section

We provide the mutual contract acceptance tool when trading and captains should only accept deals where they are satisfied with the terms and conditions. If you give someone resources based on blind faith there is a chance that the person can use this to his advantage. 

Please don't accept trades you do not find satisfactory in the trade window. If you accepted - it is considered a fair trade. 

• Like 5

Your resources are gone. However that player now has a reputation in our nation that will be his downfall. And I wish him good luck playing this game when being left behind in battle, deserted in times of need, not supported when it comes to resources or ship crafting. Especially with the current economy he is absolutely screwed!

This kind of behaviour while painful for you is really not worth it and you can rest assured that he will no longer enjoy being a part of this nation.

Edited by JollyRoger1516
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, admin said:

Captain. 

we understand the frustration - it happened before too. 
There is a pinned article in the economy section

We provide the mutual contract acceptance tool when trading and captains should only accept deals where they are satisfied with the terms and conditions. If you give someone resources based on blind faith there is a chance that the person can use this to his advantage. 

Please don't accept trades you do not find satisfactory in the trade window. If you accepted - it is considered a fair trade. 

How can this be a fair trade if you can not even trust people of your own nation???

And btw, if both parties accept the terms of a trade deal and one side simply pulls a fast one, he should be nation switched to the pirates!

If you can not trust your own nation, why are there nations at all ?

If you trade, don't trade with people you have never seen around on the national chat etc. Be extra suspicious if the guy is low ranked, only joined recently or is not in a clan (but a known clan). Clans don't take these things lightly and if it should happen you get a bad deal and can prove it the clan might be willing to compensate for your loss and the guy will be kicked out of the clan.

There are plenty of trustworthy crafters out there, if you want to be realy sure ask to be given something of equal value while he uses your goods to craft. Or ask in global if anyone ever did business with that guy.

1 hour ago, Kogoon said:

How can this be a fair trade if you can not even trust people of your own nation???

And btw, if both parties accept the terms of a trade deal and one side simply pulls a fast one, he should be nation switched to the pirates!

If you can not trust your own nation, why are there nations at all ?

we plan to add the ability to trade lh through trade interface.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Rickard said:

a quick fix to this issue would be that governours of regions and mayors of towns and cities (if the devs ever decide to create such a political system) could outlaw a player or sent out a warrant for the player's arrest.

Would just be a matter of time before people get falsly listed as "unfaithfull traders".

• Like 1

An escrow might help -- I'll give you 100k worth of materials while you give me 100k to hold - then you give me the converted materials and I'll give you your (agreed upon) pay plus the 100k back.

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 2

This isn't that complicated. Just assume everyone has the intent to rip you off and use the trade tool correctly. No cash, no goods are returned. The developers put everything necessary to prevent situations like this from occurring. Use them.