Game-Labs Forum

Changes to the Conquest Mark system (Suggestion)

Currently Conquest Marks are a hotly debated topic.  If we go and change it to a system where it awards CM to all the players in that nation based on the number of regions controlled and the importance of those regions.   For example each player in a nation will get 1 CM for ever 3 regions they control,  Capitals will give 2pts instead of automatically.  So no nation can ever drop below 2CM per day.   Some regions will award 2pts based on value, like New Orleans would be one, Nassau another.  

Lastly Trade Manifests should make a return but as Trader Marks, they are awarded to players who deliver war supplies to regions to either raise or lower the hostility in that region, you will get 1 TM per 5% hostility you gain from war supplies.  You will most likely have to make these war supplies instead of buying them on the Admiralty/Den, as it wouldnt be cost effective, but you could if you wanted to blow 200PVE marks just to get 5 PVP marks.   (it is 50 war supplies for 200PVE marks right? and they will only raise the hostility up 25% with 50 supplies correct?)  This way the players who want to be traders, or gun runners or even smugglers can feel like they are involved in the RVR of their nation without getting into fights.  

This is just a suggestion and I think it would be a good addition to the game without rewriting the entire RVR system.  You have a good baseline for the system but it needs tweeking and I feel this would be the best fit for all.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Digital Wind said:

It would be nice to be able to convert marks like in the PvE (more severely though) servers to promote more diverse game play styles

yes would be good and it will solve also many problems about rvr altough this should be allowed only in one way: 50 PvE --> 1 PvP and 10 PvP --> 1 CM (numbers can change)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Digital Wind said:

It would be nice to be able to convert marks like in the PvE (more severely though) servers to promote more diverse game play styles

PVE marks are 100% farmable and more so atm with the reimplementation of solo missions to rear admiral.  The entire idea of the conquest mark is unlikely to be as effective as just turning on 1 duro ships.  just get rid of marks make all drops BPs from the epic events in other peoples areas of control and let pvp balance it. 

13 hours ago, PG Monkey said:

If you can convert PVE marks to PVP you need to rename them because you should only get pvp marks from pvp..just my opinion :)

ok but u would need 750 pve marks to get an endy permit :) seems ok to me, and "OVER 9000 !!!" to get lineships blueprint xD. but at least solo players and small clan can, with the effort of every clan members also build good ships one day. now only big clans that rules the rvr get conquest marks and its a shame.

1: re-introduce exchange between marks

2: give to each nation member a number of CM per day based on regions actually owned by the nation...

48 minutes ago, elite92 said:

ok but u would need 750 pve marks to get an endy permit :) seems ok to me, and "OVER 9000 !!!" to get lineships blueprint xD. but at least solo players and small clan can, with the effort of every clan members also build good ships one day. now only big clans that rules the rvr get conquest marks and its a shame.

1: re-introduce exchange between marks

2: give to each nation member a number of CM per day based on regions actually owned by the nation...

I think you should be able to get pve marks from pvp marks

2 hours ago, PG Monkey said:

I think you should be able to get pve marks from pvp marks

Or just make one type of "mark" and reward and price things accordingly. We'd have to test the numbers but for example a PVE kill vs inferior BR equals 1 mark, vs equal BR gets 2 marks, vs superior BR equals 3 marks. Triple those rewards for PVP kills. PB victory grants participants additional 3 marks for winning plus each player gets their kills. Port pensions are 1 mark a day.

Then, something that should be expensive and rare can be priced accordingly but we're all using the same "currency" so there are multiple routes to a goal, some are quicker and more risk, some are very slow.

Game is a joke now.   Conquest system Is definitely favoring the big clans and there is no use or need to play this game anymore.  

Will Wait for Final Release as this is just turning into one big mess up of a game.   Sad sad.

Hodo's suggestion isn't terrible but it doesn't really fix anything. The labor hour requirement for war supplies is so high that it will still be selective who gets CM's anyway. I can think of a number of abuses using it as well.

Any suggestion for CM's that doesn't require the killing of things will always be abused. No fighting, no CM's. In general I think CM's are a bad mechanic but if you are going to have a bad mechanic at least make people fight for them.

CMs shouldnt be a trade item... it should be a nation only item.  

I would rename them to National Marks, each nation has its own, British Marks, VP Marks, Swedish Marks, US Marks, Spanish Marks, and so on.  These marks are only good in your nations admiralty store no one elses.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Hodo said:

CMs shouldnt be a trade item... it should be a nation only item.  

I would rename them to National Marks, each nation has its own, British Marks, VP Marks, Swedish Marks, US Marks, Spanish Marks, and so on.  These marks are only good in your nations admiralty store no one elses.  

Generally I like your suggestions and I see where you are going with this but then you have to make sure they are available to everyone. The Spanish on our server are never going to see them.

While I am all for hardcore pvp as a player if I was the developer I would start thinking about catch up properties for those nations who are going to get kicked in the arse. Rather than punching every small nation in the stomach and just letting the big get bigger these mechanics needs to be considered how it impacts everyone for the good of keeping players around.

Either that or just make 2 to 3 nations and be done with it.

Edited by Vllad

6 minutes ago, Vllad said:

Generally I like your suggestions and I see where you are going with this but then you have to make sure they are available to everyone. The Spanish on our server are never going to see them.

While I am all for hardcore pvp as a player if I was the developer I would start thinking about catch up properties for those nations who are going to get kicked in the arse. Rather than punching every small nation in the stomach and just letting the big get bigger these mechanics needs to be considered how it impacts everyone for the good of keeping players around.

Either that or just make 2 to 3 nations and be done with it.

You would still get them, just at a slower rate because you would always have your capital region.   

Ideally it would work at map reset.   Every nation starts fresh except for your money and ships.  You keep those.   

But that would be another map wipe, and I dont think anyone is ready for that.