Game-Labs Forum

Duel Your Friends

This game has a learning curve and most new players find it difficult to jump into PVP or Port battles. The issue is  lack experience. When they attempt to change that by entering port battles and PVP fights the fight often ends with new players being chastised by the "Ancients". After some time has passed these more seasoned players usually stop blaming the "NOOB" and will then offer constructive advice, however this negative experience with the expense of loss keeps new players from growing.

My suggestion is a dueling station at each Nation Capital.

• Able to accommodate enough players for Fleet vs Fleet action. In order to build doctrine, test mechanics, and settle disputes.
  • No Rewards for battle(in game experience of any kind, gold, marks, loot )
  • No Loss for battle(The instance does not affect the game world in any way. ie I've just got a new Victory never sailed it. I dual my friend he sinks me. when returning from the instance I have my ship, crew, rum,cargo, hull, and rig repairs)

I would have liked for this to be a feature we could use anywhere but it would be exploited to avoid battles. Most will say "Go do fleet missions and learn." I believe that is a great start but this would be a far better training and teaching tool. 

• Like 1

The Duel Room was so much fun!! You could enter it from any port screen, and you could duel anyone else who chose to show up. There was no risk of ship loss, and no reward of XP or gold, just the sheer pleasure of matching skills and wits.

I had some great duels with The Red Duke that I fondly remember as so of my most enjoyable moments in Naval Action.

3 hours ago, siZZled1ck said:

Can you elaborate on what was wrong with the original system? Perhaps there is a better solution besides waiting for another game in order to learn how to play the current one.

Please excuse my ignorance on the state of the game.

nothing was wrong with it. just some pretentious players said remove it because it took away from the vibe of open ocean. 

On 6/13/2017 at 7:31 AM, Pad Seayew said:

Some of us like the occasional shower.

How now I shower when it rains or the waves splash on me.....

Though really it was more something fitting for the arena game and not an Open World Sandbox. I'm sure the other game will have an option to set up them.  

• Like 1