Game-Labs Forum

Basic cutter vs AI LGV competition

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

And to get the negative is press 5-3 before you hit G.  And it will heal your crew during the figh

nope, you can use the surgeon at any point while in boarding, it just wont show up in the lower bar but still works

Do all AI LGVs have the same build characteristics, or do we have to try over and over again till we come across a fir LGV?

Anyway. I wasn’t even going to try this, but I figured that I had to at least participate. I like this initiative from the devs.

My second attempt. (First time the LGV sank me...) Here you go:

11 minutes 37 seconds.

On 2017-6-10 at 3:48 PM, admin said:

We would like to show everyone that rookie ships are beasts in right hands and that ai is completely incompetent against the right opponent.

And this is your idea of a tutorial for new players?

I think perhaps a traditional approach might yield better player retention, along with cleaning up what little information there is so that normal people can understand it.

OFF TOPIC: but kind of relevant. 

having seen the hugging the side method to defeat the LGV here I wanted to see if this would be an Achilles heel for other larger ships.

cue.. constitution vs privateer :D 

For the most part is was almost too easy. connie only fired the broadside at me once in the whole 30 min fight and thankfully so as that nearly ended me :lol:

Screenshot%202017-06-17%2017.04.14_zpsrn

Screenshot%202017-06-17%2017.16.32_zpsfh

Screenshot%202017-06-17%2017.27.35_zpsdj

Screenshot%202017-06-17%2017.28.31_zpsfw

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Smithy said:

having seen the hugging the side method to defeat the LGV here I wanted to see if this would be an Achilles heel for other larger ships.

For the most part is was almost too easy. connie only fired the broadside at me once in the whole 30 min fight and thankfully so as that nearly ended me :lol:

Yes nice show :) one of the oldest tricks in the book for schooner lovers.

Players fall like that as well :) They will have more tricks up the sleeve than the AI ( or not ) but it may or not work and even put themselves into a worse position.

( sarcastic accent ) But hey, that's not a fair fight, not proper pvp ! It is a crap schooner and the opponent is not a Surprise.

38 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I have seen the same ship hugging tactics used in pvp.  (Belle Poole destroying a Pavel).  I have always wanted small arms gunfire modeled since Sea Trials...like a shot of grape with very small range.

• Like 2

I guess i should post it now, considering we don't know when the topic will be closed Monday (Tomorrow) :P 
7 minutes and 7 seconds. But i have a feeling someone else is even faster since, as you can see in the video, a few of my rakes are pretty bad. 

Edited by TommyShelby
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, TommyShelby said:

I guess i should post it now, considering we don't know when the topic will be closed Monday (Tomorrow) :P 
7 minutes and 7 seconds. But i have a feeling someone else is even faster since, as you can see in the video, a few of my rakes are pretty bad. 

My hero :)

31 minutes ago, rediii said:

I thought you sank him with leaks. :D Didn't even try the raking+boarding since i thought it takes too long.

Can you tell your basic cutter outfit? Pretty fast beast. :D 

good job :) 

I actually went with raking +boarding because the limit on how fast you can do it isn't hardcapped so to speak.

By dps there is a limit which you can only exceed by buffing your dps with mods and skillbooks.

The cutter is ofcourse purpose built and fitted, onice I get home from work I'll post a screenshot of it :D

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

I didn't go that far to outfit permas on that thing. :D

aren't basic cutters allways the same wood? 

Nope, ive seen teak, cedar, cariguan, mahogany etc.

• Like 1