Game-Labs Forum

Captain Lust

31 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

I have never been sunk by them and this isn NOT what i am talking about. The outlaw mechanic is fine. I just mentioned it to show the level of toxicity they are spreading.

Well I have been playing pirate since last Feb. I have seen them do a lot of things. But never seen them attack random pirate players. 

1 hour ago, Captain Lust said:

Read to the end before you post... it often prevents you from making useless comments... again its not about the outlaw mechanic...

OK, I apologise for my useless comment.

• Like 1

SORRY is without tedious, and it's no secret that I don't hold the clan and its leadership in high regard. However, trolls and immature players are simply a part of every multiplayer game that ever existed. You can't simply ban or punish everyone who acts like a two year old in game- though it may seem tempting. Such people feed on the attention those actions bring. We must simply put our heads down and ignore them- that is the only true remedy for such nonsense. As the forums are so highly public, this is quite difficult to be quite honest. The rest of the mature community must exercise maturity and avoid stooping down to their level.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, _Masterviolin said:

SORRY is without tedious, and it's no secret that I don't hold the clan and its leadership in high regard. However, trolls and immature players are simply a part of every multiplayer game that ever existed. You can't simply ban or punish everyone who acts like a two year old in game- though it may seem tempting. Such people feed on the attention those actions bring. We must simply put our heads down and ignore them- that is the only true remedy for such nonsense. As the forums are so highly public, this is quite difficult to be quite honest. The rest of the mature community must exercise maturity and avoid stooping down to their level.

Tell that the people who had their game account banned for trolling on this forum, while the people really hurting the game are unpunished trashing the ingame chats with their filth... Also i normally wouldn't have a problem with it but their trolling, trashtalking and toxicity is beyond any limit...

4 hours ago, Hodo said:

The thing is they could back it up.  Crying about griefers on the forums only fuel their fire more.  So ultimately you have to learn to fight them.  So its time for you to earn your command and Captain up and take the fight to them.

The core group all got Demoted to 1st rank..  and they still can back it up..   Sorry but that's just the truth.. 

• Like 2

Sorry clan is just that.... sorry. They have a few good captains, but by and large it's a clan filled with zerg noobs. My clan of ten highly experienced vets would destroy 20 average sorry clan members all day, and tats just my clan. There are many more filled with highly experienced captains. If a few of us banded together and made it our goal to ruin their fun as they have ruined fun for others, they would all rage quit in a week.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Werewolf said:

Sorry clan is just that.... sorry. They have a few good captains, but by and large it's a clan filled with zerg noobs. My clan of ten highly experienced vets would destroy 20 average sorry clan members all day, and tats just my clan. There are many more filled with highly experienced captains. If a few of us banded together and made it our goal to ruin their fun as they have ruined fun for others, they would all rage quit in a week.

Probably but the question is... are those sad manchilds really worth the effort? Just as im typing this comment they're bullying a player in nation chat that used to be in their clan. They hate on him for confirming their shenanigans with the unarmed french. They say they will hunt him and he has "no future on the pirate side" and that he should switch nation or he would regret it.... The average SORRY player, probably....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Honestly when I see his font I stop reading, it's unpleasant to the eyes.  

I also heard a rumor that SORRY was behind 9/11.  Confirm or deny?

You should join them on EU server. Must be hard for you not to sail with them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Werewolf said:

I am still waiting to hear who they are randomly attacking. I know Insane is getting sunk on sight by several clans. There is another whose name escapes me. But I have never seen a single screen shot posted of a random sinking by any of the big clans. Be it Sorry, GAF, 18BK....even Rubli... 

Which is what makes all these posts so funny. Because whenever the other guys come to the Capital areas first thing that happens is people complain if the big clans don't protect them. All the nations on both servers pure wipe... Entertaining as hell

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Honestly when I see his font I stop reading, it's unpleasant to the eyes.  

I also heard a rumor that SORRY was behind 9/11.  Confirm or deny?

SORRY [Christendom] my poorly worded script and text offended. As I replied directly to John Snow apologizing 

I explained to John Snow that I type the post out on WORD first. Hopefully helps with my dyslexia with spelling etc. I just didn't release if was unpleasant to the eyes.

Honestly this you are missing out on an education. Have a look over [ELITE] guides as well and give me your opinion. One of my recent POSTs is called "The Junkie & the Dealer..."

I think the font won't offend, just the content. Tell me what think...

Norfolk nChance

(The Lower Case Tyrant) 

• Like 2

Ok, here we go again.

There are a couple of people that has it out for us, so they do their best to antagonize and get some sort of repsonse. Are we not allowed to respond to them in the same way? We are rarely the first people to write vile comments in nation chat, for the most part we rarely even use nation chat. Im not going to throw any names out, cause there is simply no reason in giving them more attention. 

Edited by Grlmb3rg

SORRY is not that bad.  Pirates can attack other pirates, you can join a nation to avoid this.  I am not from SORRY, but I believe that some times people blame SORRY from absolutely everything that is wrong in their life.  Did you know that you guys make SORRY to be infamous?

Pirates are a bit like Black Sails at the moment.  Which is a good tv serie.  Pirate chat is the best part of Naval Action right now.  Yes, devs really ruined OW PvP this time.  If that would have been the goal, I would say GJ.  Pirate chat, a comfortable chair, popcorn, and enjoy your evening. (You can grind at the same time)

It seems like SORRY is pretty well organized, and they sure have alts to craft them 1st rates.  And as they are able to enforce RvR in organized way, they have a slightly higher change to win nationals who cannot enforce their rules.

It is not actually just about SORRY, there are other pirate clans cooperating with them.  We just dont speak much about others do we?  I am not a SORRY fanboy, I am not looking forward to join them.  But every single time I have been actually chatting/talking to them, they have been just guys playing a computer game.

• Like 2

No one is breaking the rules, if they were, you would be able to report them in game.

You are wasting the dev's time with threads like these.

SORRY is just a super successful group of guys who enjoy eachothers company and play the game together, this witch hunt really needs to stop.

If you have a specific transgression, then report it. The admins have a no-tolerance policy, and the transgressor will be banned.

Other than that, this is just petty. You're looking for any reason you can to set us back when we are just playing the game. Grow up man. We dont do anything the other seven nations dont do.

The whole appeal of joining the pirates is the ability to attack other pirates, without that it is only negative.

I apologize if you joined the pirate nation expecting sunshine and butterflies.

When we get insulted do you expect we not respond?

We are a fairly large clan, many solo players are going to take discrepancies with us, do you recommend we just not participate in chat entirely? Currently, defending ourselves in nation chat against toxic players that we kicked from our clan is deemed toxic, do you not see the irony?

If you have issues with players ingame use the report function.

There is no reason to throw general claims and accusations into the forums and start another troll and flamewar like we have here.

You can ignore players in the chat. You can reprt them. If you want, tell your clan, your friends or the whole nation to report them.

If the players in question went over board with their manners they will be taken care of. If not thats life and you have to live on. Smacktalk amongst players is not seen as the end of the world.  People need something to vent and global is what they use.

When you see personal attacks, obvious trolling towards the helpchat or seriously asked question you should report them. And such plaayers will be punished 100% granted.

And if I didnt make it clear enough: -> Use the ingame functions to deal with these people. Report and ignore.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cabral said:

You should join them on EU server. Must be hard for you not to sail with them.

He already did, and was punished alongside them for the PB shenanigans. Sounds like a perfect fit ^^

It's funny, prior to the split it was the global folks who were worried about EU folks coming over to mess things up.

As for SORRY, it's simple, if you don't like 'em, don't help em. If you get sick of it all, use your forged papers to switch (we got an extra one of those with yesterday's patch).

Pirates acting like pirates? Finally? After two years of us begging the developers to make pirates something a bit more challenging?

On a serious note, if you see someone being verbally abusive in game, then they should be reported. But enforcing one's will through force is entirely barbaric and uncivilized. Therefore, appropriate for pirates.

France is recruiting.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 1

I guess i should add to this. Since i engaged SORRY in national chat a few times the last few days. Please note that i dont hold any personal grudges against sorry, we've been tolerating eachothers existance and choises within the pirate nation.

Let me start by explaining why: sorry together with 18bek and gaf made some deals with other nations (wich is compleatly fair). The problem (for me) being that these deals impact the gameplay of all other pirates being a part of the deal or not. I was spreading this in nation chat so people could make up there mind to either join the deal or resist, as i'm afraid information about the deal only reached a small minority of pirates. This (understandably) led sorry to defend the deal in nation chat. 

I understand that it can ruin your gameplay experience to see people arguing or even fighting in national chat, and i apologise for that. Then again i dont see another way to spread awareness if it's not trough national chat or forums, in both cases it will end in an exchange of heated arguments.

Edited by Jack Frost
  • Like 3

I'm in SORRY and frankly I'm amazed at the stuff thrown in here. Like everyone else I'm doing missions and fleet, and attack random npcs outside ports. Like everyone else i get attacked and help ours or attack enemy players.

Difference is that once every few days/hours there is some port battle where we group up and go to get conquest marks, to allieviate the grind.

I have yet not got anything from the clan be it a ship or anything, yet I don't see any issues with it whatsoever.

Of course the level of players is a large spectrum from total noobs to really good players (based on my fight with swedes for port-au-prince), however that how it is.

Never attacked a pirate in my life, got attacked by pirates at least 2 times in the last week.

Whats important about this clan or few other clans is that they can get shit done when it needs to be done (aka conquest marks). Last I remember naval action always had politics, throwing ports and stagin battles. Thats just how it is in sandbox games. You cant win 1vsEveryone especially when you get constant drawbacks from the mechanics of the game. It was said many times in other threads. Other nations make deals and pacts to, even though "historicaly" they should be enemies. However as it is a game we all make our deals.

I may heard liders saying to attack some guys near morgans bluff PB. But that is obvious, when there is clan effort made to get marks to be competitive against other nations, and random joe comes to the party, he has to expect that maybe just maybe he is not needed here. This game could be played solo 1 year ago, now any kind of 4th+ rate ship that requires marks is just retarded. And it will only get worse with devs increasing marks requirements for the ships.

So frankly I've yet to see us or any other big clans attacking ANYONE without a reason.

Last but not least, if someone speak like a retard on nation chat, be it a random guy or clan leader, just report him and then ignore him.

• Like 6