Game-Labs Forum

Captain Lust

This clan is harassing players in nation chat every time i log into the game. I heard they sink people that try to join the PB as if it is their exclusive right to participate in them, while at the same time trading regions away to enrich their clan. These guys are as toxic as it can get and it is disgusting to see them around 24/7 every time i join the game. It was the right decision to demote them but the question is... was that really good enough? I think some of them really need some chat bans at least... they've been spreading their cancer and toxicity poisoning the community for as long as i have been playing the game. Yes i have muted most of them but it is really hard to mute everyone that engages in their shitstorm.

• Like 23

That pirates can attack other pirates is part and parcel with being a pirate.  No issues there, just a group using mechanics to enforce their goals.

Chat issues should be right click - reported, and those reports are evaluated... weekly, I believe.

• Like 6

[Captain Lust],

Am SORRY but you are genuinely looking at the wrong end of the issue. [SORRY] are only a symptom of the problem. Most here won’t realize this, their actions are nothing to do with anything other than an over restrictive gameplay mechanic that allows Lord Vicious intimidations to become more fueled and well… vicious.

We need to treat the problem, and stop trying to fix a symptom of that problem.

Solution.

The “Lite” Sandbox, is the whole problem. We need to take off the NPC Nation overlay and free up the game. Otherwise you will be looking at a similar issue in a week’s time…

The Clan, the individual PC needs to own the Port, and run his region. Allow Civil War and let clans dominate Resource ownerships…

I bet you think my solution as nothing to do with the contents of this thread, right?

If that’s the case you can’t see the problem yet. You are looking at the symptom only…

You need to stop listening to the ‘Silver-Tongue’ Pirate. [ELITE] cannot remove the [SORRY] state without implementing the solution and taking off the “hand-cuffs”. Otherwise another Lord Vicious in an equally Toxic [SORRY2] will take his place. There is always somebody with a bigger stick or better code. Lord Vicious just thought he was the only one that knew this…

You want a change? De-ranking all the third tear rated ALTS was a great risk that paid-off for him. Didn’t think of that I bet? [ELITE] can bring chaos and mayhem to Lord Vicious but it must be all or none. They will not repeat the action again when another tyrant rises a month later, for that’s almost Guaranteed…

Norfolk nChance.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

This clan is harassing players in nation chat every time i log into the game. I heard they sink people that try to join the PB as if it is their exclusive right to participate in them, while at the same time trading regions away to enrich their clan. These guys are as toxic as it can get and it is disgusting to see them around 24/7 every time i join the game. It was the right decision to demote them but the question is... was that really good enough? I think some of them really need some chat bans at least... they've been spreading their cancer and toxicity poisoning the community for as long as i have been playing the game. Yes i have muted most of them but it is really hard to mute everyone that engages in their shitstorm.

I read again, and I say the same.

For the chat harassing stuff, I don't know but is pirate stuff too, I suppose. Ignore button and/or report player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Siegfried said:

For the chat harassing stuff, I don't know but is pirate stuff too, I suppose. Ignore button and/or report player.

Chat abuse is "pirate stuff"? What the actual f**k, mate? If the report did anything they would either be banned already or it is okay to insult and harass other players in chat in NA... 

21 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

[Captain Lust],

Am SORRY but you are genuinely looking at the wrong end of the issue. [SORRY] are only a symptom of the problem. Most here won’t realize this, their actions are nothing to do with anything other than an over restrictive gameplay mechanic that allows Lord Vicious intimidations to become more fueled and well… vicious.

We need to treat the problem, and stop trying to fix a symptom of that problem.

Solution.

The “Lite” Sandbox, is the whole problem. We need to take off the NPC Nation overlay and free up the game. Otherwise you will be looking at a similar issue in a week’s time…

The Clan, the individual PC needs to own the Port, and run his region. Allow Civil War and let clans dominate Resource ownerships…

I bet you think my solution as nothing to do with the contents of this thread, right?

If that’s the case you can’t see the problem yet. You are looking at the symptom only…

You need to stop listening to the ‘Silver-Tongue’ Pirate. [ELITE] cannot remove the [SORRY] state without implementing the solution and taking off the “hand-cuffs”. Otherwise another Lord Vicious in an equally Toxic [SORRY2] will take his place. There is always somebody with a bigger stick or better code. Lord Vicious just thought he was the only one that knew this…

You want a change? De-ranking all the third tear rated ALTS was a great risk that paid-off for him. Didn’t think of that I bet? [ELITE] can bring chaos and mayhem to Lord Vicious but it must be all or none. They will not repeat the action again when another tyrant rises a month later, for that’s almost Guaranteed…

Norfolk nChance.

I feel kinda funny how this post can be ignored so hard.

Not that I agree to this, nor do i reject, I simply don't know if this would change a thing or if player base would even be big enough for all nations to do this.

But it is nearly embarrassing that not a single one seems to have an opinion or a comment to this

Regards,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I am sorry but there are several ways of dealing with clans like this... While I dont condone of their actions you can ultimately deal with it in game.

1- Band together and shutdown their activities by fighting them openly in game.  Sink their ships take their alts ships, defeat them in game.  There are more of you than their of them.

And as usual Hodo saves a day...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I am sorry but there are several ways of dealing with clans like this... While I dont condone of their actions you can ultimately deal with it in game.

1- Band together and shutdown their activities by fighting them openly in game.  Sink their ships take their alts ships, defeat them in game.  There are more of you than their of them.

2- Leave the faction go to another faction that will welcome you and works together as a team, and leave the Pirates to the SORRY.

3- Change servers.  

Just a few suggestions.  I know I have seen this exact same complaint before in other games, like Mortal Online, where a very active PVP/PK guild became famous (infamous) for grief tactics and talking trash.  The thing is they could back it up.  Crying about griefers on the forums only fuel their fire more.  So ultimately you have to learn to fight them.  So its time for you to earn your command and Captain up and take the fight to them.

Except for they're a zerg clan and recruit just about anyone. I should switch nation because of some unemployed losers that enjoy harassing others in chat? Nah, i'll pass on that. I have most of them muted anyways.... new players however do not have them on ignore... consider this.

• Like 1

It is interesting that everyone has "heard" they do things. But yet the only pirates I can confirm they have sunk are ones that are on the Kill on sight list. All of them are known for attacking pirate trade ships. Sorry is also not the only clan enforcing no attacks on pirate traders . Last I knew GAF and 18BK had similar KOS rules.

Edited by CaptVonGunn
  • Like 2

Can all the dweebenheimers with their "this is what pirates were like.... you chose pirate nation... [insert random offtopic garbage]" gtfo? This is a video game and there are rules for the respectful use of the ingame chat ( at least i would hope so ). If someone throwing insults around in chat gives you your geeky roleplay fix, good for you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CaptVonGunn said:

It is interesting that everyone has "heard" they do things. But yet the only pirates I can confirm they have sunk are ones that are on the Kill on sight list. All of them are known for attacking pirate trade ships. Sorry is also not the only clan enforcing no attacks on pirate traders . Last I knew GAF and 18BK had similar KOS rules.

I have never been sunk by them and this isn NOT what i am talking about. The outlaw mechanic is fine. I just mentioned it to show the level of toxicity they are spreading.

1 hour ago, Captain Lust said:

The rest of the pirates must do what the US players did in the past, you must fight them. In the past he tried to enforce his tyranny over US nation, they didn't give up and fought him.

• Like 3