Game-Labs Forum

UGCW Feedback v0.90+

56 minutes ago, civsully1 said:

Sure looks that way and Restart Campaign I had just restarted and here I go again!!! Not complaining at all !!!!!!!

Yep me too.

And on my restart I haven't made it past 1st Manassas. 

Edited by A. P. Hill
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, A. P. Hill said:

Okay first initial complaint. 

With the latest update release, I restarted a campaign again!, everything was going great I was winning, enjoying the new aspects etc., enter 1st Manassas.  I'm holding the bridge, got a brigade to Matthews Hill, waiting for the advance I knew was going to come, when suddenly I'm told to make my withdrawal to Henry Hill.

Suddenly without any indication there were other union troops on the map, my starter force is immediately surrounded by enemy organizations, I've not been reenforced, they got Henry Hill ....

It was a total cf.

I was playing on BG level.

A.P.Hill, I am playing as the CS on a new campaing ... got to the 1st Manasas and had no issues.....had a deceisive victory with over 5K prisoners..... I am about to start Shiloh

On 6/9/2017 at 2:35 PM, Col_Kelly said:

This cap is intended. in early beta there wasn't any and you could totally break the campaign's balance by abusing it. Imagine how easy the game would be if you captured 3k federals every mission.... 

With the new system there should be no problem. Yes you're receiving more recruits but the AI should also be taking back the veterans that otherwise should be lost.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2017 at 8:04 AM, A. P. Hill said:

Okay first initial complaint. 

With the latest update release, I restarted a campaign again!, everything was going great I was winning, enjoying the new aspects etc., enter 1st Manassas.  I'm holding the bridge, got a brigade to Matthews Hill, waiting for the advance I knew was going to come, when suddenly I'm told to make my withdrawal to Henry Hill.

Suddenly without any indication there were other union troops on the map, my starter force is immediately surrounded by enemy organizations, I've not been reenforced, they got Henry Hill ....

It was a total cf.

I was playing on BG level.

Did that Cavalry Scout unit wiggle through your lines?

I wish I actually had a line for anything to wiggle through.   I had a brigade at Matthew's Hill, one at the bridge and the other at the ford west of the bridge, and my battery in the trees.

The Yanks showed up on the north bank and feinted a couple of times then charged the bridge.   I didn't get the reinforcements that usually show up to dash to Matthew's Hill, there were no yanks anywhere near the hill ... the timer ran out and the game told me to collect my forces at Henry Hill ... but I couldn't ... because as soon as I clicked the button, my little force was completely surrounded and the yanks were all over Henry as well.

Jackson however was making his way west but his units were not large enough to force out 6 brigades of Yanks all numbered close to 3k each ...

I tried fighting free but said FA-Kit and quit the game.

In the course of that C.F. I noticed that the additional confederate troops still do not show up on the UI the same as my unit does with a single clickable button to locate all my troops, so I would have still had to micro manage each unit individually instead of by organization.

But thanks for the condolences Guys! ;)

Luckybluemoon is back after an extended leave of absence.  Started new CSA campaign after latest hotfix and update.  Points follow:

1. Where are my freaking custom grouping options like we had in UG:G?!  This has been a sore point for me since the beta first came out.

2. CTRL+Right Click still does not select multiple units.  Bug Reported.

3. Thank you for fixing it so surrounded units surrender more quickly.  A month ago I would have had to gun them all down.

4. Cavalry can still run straight through lines without provoking an attack BUG.  It like where the cav unit is does not match where their graphical representation is. Bug Reported.

5. AI is much better, more aggressive and responsive.  I can see a big improvement.

More to follow once I finish the CSA campaign on MG.  Keep up the good work!

31 minutes ago, Luckybluemoon said:

2. CTRL+Right Click still does not select multiple units.  Bug Reported.

Why would Ctrl + Right Click select units?  Ctrl + Left Click is what does that.  You left click to select units, right click to give orders, and since there's no option to switch those buttons (like some RTS games do), there's absolutely no reason why right clicking under any circumstance should do something else.

Right now Ctrl + Left Click to select multiple units on the map is bugged, but right click shouldn't be a thing.

man I don't know what you guys did to the AI but I am playing CSA on easy mode and I almost got stomped.  I went in at Shiloh with 37K army total against 40K union, I blew them back from the church and never stopped advancing, then I beat them in Larkin and Spain fields, then when I got to the hornet's nest instead of fighting it I marched my men around it and I damn near ran out of time because of the timer.  I had stopped all my men and brought them around the right flank of the Unions at Pittsburgh Landing and managed to roll their line up.

man this AI was feisty. There were counterattacks and everything. Damn.  I didn't capture Pittsburgh landing in time but I was really close so the battle let me fight on for 3 more minutes and I held the Landing and won.  But it was close.

So I'm pretty excited for this patch! Koodos to the Dev team for making the extra effort!

Currently playing Confederate campaign at BG, just about to do Shiloh battle. Thoughts are:

1. I notice that scaling still exists on the minor battles. I'm just curious if this will continue to be true, or if the devs are just awaiting feedback on the current system. Also wondering what amount of scaling exists on the minor battles, i.e. if the enemy guns are also still scaling.
2. Firing arcs on fortified units are great
3. Noise associated with information pop-ups make the battle events unmissable, but are not too in your face. Good job.
4. AI is much better and I'm having a blast so far. Newport News still has some weird decisions where only a single skirmisher unit attacks the city for the first half of the battle.
5. I'm still exploiting the Detach Skirmishers command in order to hold my units. A little bit weird that i use that command instead of the Hold command to hold my units.

Like Cpt K said, I am enjoying the heck out this game. I started a new campaing as CS on Colonel lvl and one thing I have notice through 2nd Manasas so far. The report system is awesome as it gives you a little behind the lines insight. But through every battle so far both minor and major the Union keeps receiving soldiers and the overall army strength keeps increasing. Do not  know if it is design that way to give us a picture of the overall Union army strength and not necessarily what you will be facing. 

So far, their Army size has remain less than mine and I assume that is a result of my victories. Again so far on almost all of the battles, the union has a 2 to 1 loss of men, and in some cases, 3 to 1, but is not the rule. Their training and weapons it is around 20 - 23% so far and also seems to be slowly increasing. The one thing that might need some tweaking is the money after every battle or the option to trade capture soldiers for money. I have a pool of around 31K soldiers to fill my Bdes, but I don't have enough money to do that. as of right now, I only have 3 coprs with 3 divisions of 4 brigades each. The max soldires per division is 2K and my training and politics are set at 9 with economy on 4. 

Something to consider regarding artillery and supply. 

While true in most cases mobility efficiency was considered the walk, there were times when there was a need for a quicker yet limited means of moving guns and wagons.  Those modes were Trot, and Gallop.  Again for limited duration. 

Can we get a couple buttons and some programming to represent these additional modes?

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:52 AM, The Soldier said:

Why would Ctrl + Right Click select units?  Ctrl + Left Click is what does that.  You left click to select units, right click to give orders, and since there's no option to switch those buttons (like some RTS games do), there's absolutely no reason why right clicking under any circumstance should do something else.

Right now Ctrl + Left Click to select multiple units on the map is bugged, but right click shouldn't be a thing.

Yeah,  that was my bad, I meant what you said.

Hadn't played in a few patches because I've been too busy.  But man, this latest patch is fantastic.  AI seems great, and I really like the new system of having the AI have a pool of men that you can whittle down.  Everything just feels more polished honestly.  Maybe a bit more variety for the reports messages as we go on, but I'm loving their addition as well.  The game deserves every copy it sells. 

On 6/12/2017 at 1:05 PM, A. P. Hill said:

Something to consider regarding artillery and supply. 

While true in most cases mobility efficiency was considered the walk, there were times when there was a need for a quicker yet limited means of moving guns and wagons.  Those modes were Trot, and Gallop.  Again for limited duration. 

Can we get a couple buttons and some programming to represent these additional modes?

Yea a "run" option for artillery would be nice. Maybe make it only available for 12 pounders or less to simulate horse artillery--that would be very good.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 3:12 PM, william1993 said:

man I don't know what you guys did to the AI but I am playing CSA on easy mode and I almost got stomped.  I went in at Shiloh with 37K army total against 40K union, I blew them back from the church and never stopped advancing, then I beat them in Larkin and Spain fields, then when I got to the hornet's nest instead of fighting it I marched my men around it and I damn near ran out of time because of the timer.  I had stopped all my men and brought them around the right flank of the Unions at Pittsburgh Landing and managed to roll their line up.

Weird.. probably because I've been winning the smaller battles, but Shiloh was alright for me and I was playing medium. it's probably b/c you tried to bypass Hornets.... 

That being said... the AI's been... a lot more cautious of late. I'm still winning, but i'm not being able to get the ridiculous results I've gotten before due to them throwing hthemselves at me.

As for the army report system. I do like it a lot. Gives a lot of measurable dynamic feeling that you are whittling away at their army and you can see that. That being said, it is quite difficult to "measure" your army versus their early on in the game due to the reinforcements you tend to receive. On the other hand, it seems to be working b/c my battles for CSA have been quite manageable versus my first campaign when I was struggling even early on.

6 hours ago, Sykes said:

I just re-started the campaign.  After the first tutorial union battle I noticed Zook was in my barracks.  Is this a glitch? Or is Zook now available after the first tutorial for the union campaign?

Question? , what is Zook's first name in your barracks? 

Samuel was the Zook who was slain at Gettysburg but was smart enough to sniff out Prince MacGruder's deceptions during the Penninsular Campaig -- information which McClellan refused to accept, big surprise -- but there are 'random' generals with the usual last names. 

William Brooks and William Brewster are the generals currently showing up in camp for me after Phillipi. But then, way back when, my first camp commander after Phillipi was Phil Sheridan. And, my last previous major restart, I have four brigadier generals in Camp, two being Brewster and Brooks. . 

14 hours ago, Andre Bolkonsky said:

Question? , what is Zook's first name in your barracks? 

Samuel was the Zook who was slain at Gettysburg but was smart enough to sniff out Prince MacGruder's deceptions during the Penninsular Campaig -- information which McClellan refused to accept, big surprise -- but there are 'random' generals with the usual last names. 

William Brooks and William Brewster are the generals currently showing up in camp for me after Phillipi. But then, way back when, my first camp commander after Phillipi was Phil Sheridan. And, my last previous major restart, I have four brigadier generals in Camp, two being Brewster and Brooks. . 

Its the same Zook that you play with in the Tutorial.  

Usually its Walton + Loomis + Scales + Woods

Zook was wounded during the tutorial battle.  Afterwards, he was in my barracks for free... Kinda weird seeing as this has never happened before. 

• Like 1