Game-Labs Forum

Just now, Willis PVP2 said:

During the one-day patch where conquest marks were removed. Apparently Pirates were the only nation smart enough to capitalize on this by working together as a clan to pool their PvP marks and get some BPs and permits.

we did as well hehe 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Willis PVP2 said:

During the one-day patch where conquest marks were removed. Apparently Pirates were the only nation smart enough to capitalize on this by working together as a clan to pool their PvP marks and get some BPs and permits.

Ah shite the day I was at work...... ok fair play..... thanks for being the one to answer like a Gentleman!!!!

@admin remove the topic then please..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

But really, instead of changing the system, perhaps smaller clans in larger nations should migrate to smaller nations... It would balance some things out, make gameplay more interesting for everyone, youd get more marks, the smaller nations wouldnt be steamrolled so easy... Just putting it out there 

It's being discussed already in the GB server.... I think a few will use the Forge papers to jump to smaller nations

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

what server are you on? Us Dutch in PVP Global have flipped several Port Battles after the PB mechanic change, in fact we as a super small nation love it. Our cohesion and teamwork have lead to us doing well. Thats what it comes down to, teamwork. 

Some one posted the Truce agreement between Dutch and Brit last night was cause ya'll had 12 players.  I guess they ahven't been to any of your Port Battles?  I hear ya'll filled some of the, good for ya'll.  Like hearing other nations that where once small getting the numbers up. I thinkk the only one that can't is Spain so far.  Not saying 25 pluss screeners, but still it's close we didn't even get 25 in ours, just 24.  Though did have 25 and a bunch of guys that couldn't get in last night at Cap Frances.  Not that we will see each other in any Port Battles any time soon, sure we will cross paths on the OW.

Though TEAMWORK is the key to getting things done in game.

@Rick Astley I posted this above for you....read the patch notes again.   The last line where they switched off the old conquest system with marks and allowed trade in for PvP's.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

But really, instead of changing the system, perhaps smaller clans in larger nations should migrate to smaller nations... It would balance some things out, make gameplay more interesting for everyone, youd get more marks, the smaller nations wouldnt be steamrolled so easy... Just putting it out there 

This is why I made this post.  Kinda to see how much the population changed and well maybe they can do it again at the end of the month so folks can move if they want. I got a feeling most of the players went GB and US (leaning more for GB).   While the smaller nations got some numbers it's no where close to the big two.

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Some one posted the Truce agreement between Dutch and Brit last night was cause ya'll had 12 players.  I guess they ahven't been to any of your Port Battles?  I hear ya'll filled some of the, good for ya'll.  Like hearing other nations that where once small getting the numbers up. I thinkk the only one that can't is Spain so far.  Not saying 25 pluss screeners, but still it's close we didn't even get 25 in ours, just 24.  Though did have 25 and a bunch of guys that couldn't get in last night at Cap Frances.  Not that we will see each other in any Port Battles any time soon, sure we will cross paths on the OW.

Though TEAMWORK is the key to getting things done in game.

@Rick Astley I posted this above for you....read the patch notes again.   The last line where they switched off the old conquest system with marks and allowed trade in for PvP's.

Yeah Just got home and saw Willis's link... for some reason could not see the link posted previously from my phone... As promised I apologize for the accusations against Black Clan... I was absent when that patch dropped so didn't see what happened.

I was only advised from clan members they got Permits for the PVP marks not the Blue Prints.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

I suggest not going to Sweden. It is not a happy place. You will be loved in the Dutchies as long as you dont go rocking the boat too hard :D

How can I rick Roll then :(

Conquest marks for port battles should be tslen out. Everything that is currently in the admirality and needs conquest marks should be replaced with pvp marks. The reasoning why is simple. Traders and crafters just dont hsve access to these blueprints and permits since their pleasure in this game is the economic aspect. Pvp marks for evrrything makes it just more accessable for every player. Even the players with just 2 hour per day to play. Port battles and the entire lord system is awesome i love it, but what we see now is that nations are not only unbalanced by player number (which is fine imho) but unbalanced in the way they have access to certain ships. I like the system i really do but it needs finetuning.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Konali89 said:

Conquest marks for port battles should be tslen out. Everything that is currently in the admirality and needs conquest marks should be replaced with pvp marks. The reasoning why is simple. Traders and crafters just dont hsve access to these blueprints and permits since their pleasure in this game is the economic aspect. Pvp marks for evrrything makes it just more accessable for every player. Even the players with just 2 hour per day to play. Port battles and the entire lord system is awesome i love it, but what we see now is that nations are not only unbalanced by player number (which is fine imho) but unbalanced in the way they have access to certain ships. I like the system i really do but it needs finetuning.

I'm kinda confused?  They are traders so why can't they get these items even if they don't RvR or PvP?  I mean they are traders so couldn't they just trader for them?  The other thing is folks can do like we did is pool things and give them to you clan crafter so you can get things built faster.  IT's called TEAMWORK. Once our clan gets settled some of us might be willing to trader extra conquest marks we get to other Pirates or we might just keep them all for our selves.   Now the solo none clan guy would prob be able to trade his to get a ship built and what not.

Though I do agree the system needs to be fine tune style, but it was just put in place and folks are freaking out instead of letting it run it's course.  

• Like 1

@admin

The result of a PB between the Dutch nation and Spain.

http://i.imgur.com/kwzCVuP.jpg

As you can see, that specific clan has gotten a large amount of heavy ships very fast.

rumor = (Apparently this is the result of Spain collaborating with Pirates in order to exploit the Conquest marks system by flipping ports with only minimal defence.)

i mean, this is so predictable, it could have been avoided.

Also, what where you thinking putting half of the crucial resources in Spanish territories, this gives them a huge advantage in resources.

At this point, it's pretty much impossible for the Dutch nation to take the Cartagena de Indias region.

We get almost no Conquest Marks, and are are deprived of crucial resources for shipbuilding, furthering the setback we suffer as a nation.

If the point of the mega patch was to push Spain in front of every nation, well done.

Edited by Yngvarr
  • Like 1

Honestly, the conquest marks idea is a flop, its not good going forward. pvp marks is a decent idea. however players should have the option for using pvp marks or pve marks in this way.

if 15pvp marks needed for a ship, then the other option is 100pve marks. that way players can use options but pve costs much more.because to encourage more players to play there need to be options.

I have the feeling that the marks system is leading players to searching for exploits (conquest marks) by flipping ports or the already punished no cannon port battle

PVP marks make people seraching for easy targets even more cause you need alot of them not finding a target that is actually fun cause you already needed maybe 15 marks for the permit for the ship you actually sail. if you put that ship into risk to lose it right at the first fights because you are taking on enemys that are actually a challange ... not everyone will do that. it leads to farm enemys who can't defend themselfs. if you would give a mechanic into the game again that damage made gives reward without needing to have a kill and a better surrender mechanic that will let the other player keep his ship at least by making a "deal" it would be more fun to make pvp even for the less experienced players and don't always make it to a total loss if you maybe just reached 5th rank ships cerb/renomee and 2 surprises are coming by and sinking you and you need to back on a cutter because you maybe invested all your money into that ship ... newcomers will leave because of sth like that 

Well ,

it is not a success i can see that to...

All i can say is that 40% of the members in my clan are complaining over the whole process of bugs and exploits ,

>> that they tell me  : they have enough of it and say the game goodbye , not because they dont like the game, but the expoits and unbalanced trading and goods availability, it is  unworkable

and are deciding to quit

so after 2 weeks they are done ....

told them to post their concerns, their answer is "they ain't listening to us",{look at the dutch ships; they say } )

yeah,  well what can i  do , 

probably do the same......?

as said above, the fact that there are serious issues with the Marks mechanic, aka exploits, is wearing on our people and driving them away.

and they only pose 2 possible scenario's:

either the exploits and bugs get fixed, or they'll just leave the game, leaving us with a game that bleeds players on a constant basis.

1 minute ago, Yngvarr said:

as said above, the fact that there are serious issues with the Marks mechanic, aka exploits, is wearing on our people and driving them away.

and they only pose 2 possible scenario's:

either the exploits and bugs get fixed, or they'll just leave the game, leaving us with a game that bleeds players on a constant basis.

to give a example :what happened when the dubbing expoits saw the light of day....

the whole population went in exile and waited for the wipe ....result from 600-1000 to 150 players on pvp1

the history repeats itself

that will be the result.... 

that s not a great perspective....

37 minutes ago, Hodo said:

While I agree to a point, it wont change anything.  People will just far PVE marks because it is mindlessly easy to do.  

How do you farm marks?:) You must have 2 accounts and not all have them if I am correct. So, this only applies for pay2win people. 

Edited by Ned Low

My honest concern with marks with how they are setup right now is that pve and conquest marks are  "arguably" easy to come by, while pvp marks are scarce.

I can't believe it is easier to get into lineships than it is to get into the indefat, endy, and connie lol.

Personally I prefer if CMs were gone from the game at this point.

Edited by Teutonic