Game-Labs Forum

Outposts on Final Release

I think it is imperative that you give free outpost to certain nations on the next map wipe.   

SPAIN    5 outposts given at no charge.   

BRITAIN 3 outpost

FRANCE 3 outpost

UNITED STATES 2 or maybe 3 outposts

NETHERLANDS 1 outpost  

SWEDEN 1 outpost

DANES/DENMARK  1 outpost

PIRATES     ?????

This would create scenarios unlike what we have seen in this past.    This could solve a lot of problems here.    

I think he wants that bigger nations are able to defend their ports right from the start.. 

But the problem is that spain for example cant hold their ports due to their number of players.

If you give them free ports and they get more players at some point it will be an ridicoulus unfair advantage.

Regards,

15 minutes ago, Richard Whitby said:

I think he wants that bigger nations are able to defend their ports right from the start.. 

But the problem is that spain for example cant hold their ports due to their number of players.

If you give them free ports and they get more players at some point it will be an ridicoulus unfair advantage.

Regards,

What we need is more incentive to join certain nations over others.  I think making the refits for each nation a nation state when you play that nation would be nice way to do this. Not the refits in the current state.   

British: Get a buff to Reload

French: Get a buff to accuracy

Spanish:  Get a Buff to turn rate?

American: Not sure but the Conny is known for it's tuffness maybe a Armor Buff.

Pirates:  Buff to boarding

Dutch: Blame @OneEyedSnake for this one, maybe a bonus to there hull cargo cause they where known for trading.

Danes/Swedes:  Not sure for these two, but they have Northern Carp that maybe the Dane/Dutch can share better repairs.  

You see each nation has something special about them so it's not just a carbon copy that starts in a different location.   I think the full old refits with more than one state would work, but left the extra stuff off to not be OP (I mean Pirate Refit was a bit OP even in my book).  

You can make these refits a Nation perk or it only is on ships built in that nation so that other nations can get them, but only if they trade or capture a ship from one of the other nations.  Though I would love to see the above as a Nation perk that is free at start and then have the current Sail Refits be Nation crafted only and aren't tradeable.  That way if you want the Pirate Sail Refit you need to capture a pirate ship with one or trade with a pirate.

The other thing is give nations a population bonus for small population.  Your population is small you get a credit and xp bonus.   You pick a big nation it actually makes less credits and xp than the middle nations.  This way the big nation levels slower and the small nations can level faster.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

What we need is more incentive to join certain nations over others.  I think making the refits for each nation a nation state when you play that nation would be nice way to do this. Not the refits in the current state.   

Dutch: Blame @OneEyedSnake for this one, maybe a bonus to there hull cargo cause they where known for trading.

Danes/Swedes:  Not sure for these two, but they have Northern Carp that maybe the Dane/Dutch can share better repairs.  

You see each nation has something special about them so it's not just a carbon copy that starts in a different location.   I think the full old refits with more than one state would work, but left the extra stuff off to not be OP (I mean Pirate Refit was a bit OP even in my book).  

You can make these refits a Nation perk or it only is on ships built in that nation so that other nations can get them, but only if they trade or capture a ship from one of the other nations.  Though I would love to see the above as a Nation perk that is free at start and then have the current Sail Refits be Nation crafted only and aren't tradeable.  That way if you want the Pirate Sail Refit you need to capture a pirate ship with one or trade with a pirate.

The other thing is give nations a population bonus for small population.  Your population is small you get a credit and xp bonus.   You pick a big nation it actually makes less credits and xp than the middle nations.  This way the big nation levels slower and the small nations can level faster.

And exactly... Why british can reload faster? They have... four arms or something like that maybe?  The same for the other things you said for other nations.

I dont think nations should be given such huge advantages, really

If a nation doesn't have the players to defend its area, it starts to shrink, as it's supposed to, until the balance is reached

We need dynamic bonusses over time, NOT set-in-stone ones which over time might unbalance things

Only because Spain was given all those ports in the beginning, that doesnt mean you're supposed to hold and defend 75% of the map over time. If you have the numbers, sure, but as you don't, why would you?

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I tend to agree here. Without a challenge in the form of quality or quantity of enemies from other nation states including dare I say the un-mentional brethren. The map runs the risk of becoming stale and dead fairly quickly. When talking with clan mates I would say the common factor for enjoyment of the game is both the risk and reward side of things. Without the risk there can be no real sense of reward IE Satisfaction of a job well done. 

6 minutes ago, Siegfried said:

And exactly... Why british can reload faster? They have... four arms or something like that maybe?  The same for the other things you said for other nations.

Trainging.  Lets take an example from a movie many of use prob have seen and is in @Liquicity sig there.  They trained to get there reloading down to be so fast that they effectively where out gunning the other ship that had them way out gunned.  British navy was know for it's training in such.  Remember this is a game so there really doesn't have to be REAL reasons for anything.   THough if you take  well trained gunnery crew and than match them up with a bunch of rookies they are going to out gun the rookies any day.   

7 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

I dont think nations should be given such huge advantages, really

If a nation doesn't has the players to defend its area, it starts to shrink, as it's supposed to, until the balance is reached

We need dynamic bonusses over time, NOT set-in-stone ones which over time might unbalance things

Only because Spain was given all those ports in the beginning, that doesnt mean you're supposed to hold and defend 75% of the map over time. If you have the numbers, sure, but as you don't, why would you?

Yah it's one of the reason I like the new conquest stuff cause it means if you get to spread out and can't fleet your ships over to the area your getting attacked you will loose it.  Big nation gets spread out to thin some smaller nations can hit it from different fronts and put a hurt to the bigger nation that is spread out to much.  

When I was a kid I use to play Axis & Allies all the time.  I remember for some fun extra credit when we where talking about WWII in HS the teacher let us play the game and than did diffrent things that would change the history and out come of the war.  Like if Germany didn't turn on Russia and fight a two front war.  That was a big mistake for them.  If Japan had never attacked Pearl Harbor and got the US into the war.  Just cause in history one nation was the power house of the time doesn't mean we have to play like that.

Honestly I don't know why spain isn't more popular.  A nice size clan could stake claim to the gulf and prob keep most of it and become a nice power house in play.  I keep joking on GLOBAL they are just being silent as they craft there SUPER IRON FLEET to wipe us all out soon. 

The best way to do this is not by specific nation handicaps, like hard caps but dynamically. How ? The only thing that can be dynamic - Resources. Too much population felling trees can deplete a forest very fast. Veins of ore can dry out due to over mining, etc, all with delayed regeneration.

Maintaining a empire drains a lot of and needs intelligent application of, resources.

It is more than a simple matter of... more outposts when there are no limits.

1 minute ago, The Red Duke said:

The best way to do this is not by specific nation handicaps, like hard caps but dynamically. How ? The only thing that can be dynamic - Resources. Too much population felling trees can deplete a forest very fast. Veins of ore can dry out due to over mining, etc.

While in concept this works, but the problem than comes they will crush every one as they grow until there is no one left in any of the other nations or they are one ported.  That or they will just sit there and never fight any one cause they have what they need while the little clans suffer.   We do need an end game.  Nation gets to so many regions own the map gets reset and we start back over. If you have stuff in regions that wasn't yours from start it's there unitl you recapture that region again.  This will keep one nation from being to strong.  Maybe give option to change nations  ever time the map resets so players that might want to change nations to do more balance play can.  Though you can never change to join the winning nation, only leave it.  

Only english are able to training yeah, I understand now ;)

You said about pirates buff to boarding but I think spanish were famous for that. Pirates only board traders with not warrior crew inside.

Over all this, your idea of random buffs nation based will no work.

Spanish will choose spain, french france, US people USA, british and former colonies will choose britain and the people without a faction representing their real countries will choose britain or pirate because hollywood and novels in english language which favour the english side of the history. Then the few english speak people who choose a non english speaker faction will change in a month because language barrier.

21 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Trainging.  Lets take an example from a movie many of use prob have seen and is in @Liquicity sig there.  They trained to get there reloading down to be so fast that they effectively where out gunning the other ship that had them way out gunned.  British navy was know for it's training in such.  Remember this is a game so there really doesn't have to be REAL reasons for anything.   THough if you take  well trained gunnery crew and than match them up with a bunch of rookies they are going to out gun the rookies any day.  

Training is not exclusive for the brits... is something that depends of the ship an crew, that's why you lvl up your ships and unlock perks (supposed to be crew experience), IRL even in the same fleet/army of the different nations existed well trained crews and newbies, so is not something exclusive for the brits, same with other "national perks", meanwhile Perks that differences the ship building is possible...

• Like 1