Game-Labs Forum

Such is a Lord - please stop the inflation

I honestly love the concept of Such is a Lord pt.2. I think that in principle it is great. Provided of course people are still willing and encouraged to actually risk their ships and fight.

However, the implementation needs a rethink. The inflation right now is about to skyrocket. Think Zimbabwean trillion dollar bills. Two days ago conquest marks were a finite resource and really hard to come by. Too hard. Risking a ship in offense was a hard sell, unless you knew the enemy couldn't field as strong ships as you. Today marks have no worth anymore. The market is going to be flooded. Everyone will have marks more than they need. RvR-players will quickly have more marks than they know how to do with. 

If this is the rate at which you are going to hand out conquest marks, just remove them from the game. They are no longer a bottleneck to prevent the excessive availability of lineships. Even with the adjusted rates for permits, RvR-players will very soon earn more marks than they can use.

In three weeks, everyone on the server will be sailing 1st rates again.

SoLs were supposed to be rare, weren't they? A great deal of effort and time to build one. That's what we all (on the forum) asked for.

Please reduce the pension to pay out only once a week. That way, you can also take an important region back from an enemy before it even pays out a single pension to them.

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

You asked for it - by far not everybody agrees with you!!!

Technically I never asked for that (I just used the colloquial "we" to talk about the forum as a whole). And I realise that a lot of the captains that aren't on the forum are more about getting to sail and try out every one of the big ships themselves, than about realism.

I am happy about the new approach limiting SoLs, and I think it could be great, but I was happy back when everyone was sailing SoLs as well. I prefer sailing lineships (although in the last couple of days I've found new appreciation for the small ships, especially the privateer), so I never had a problem with lineships being common. 

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 1