Game-Labs Forum

[PvP-EU] French Correspondances 1

EN

I start my own newspaper for french. There is so many on others nation that we probably desserve ours. Althought you are all choosing a newspaper to realte your story, I will incarn in mines differents character. Sometimes it may be a solider, a sailor, a governor or why not a lady.

Correspondance 1

Today, is a letter found into a wreck few miles away from Terre de Bas. Sadly, it's written in old french. It may be hard to understand bur more harder for me to translate it in an english which should not be a shame in regard of the quality of this letter. I don't know who is this Claire but i doubt she will be able to find hi heart back. It seems Yann is gone isn't he?

Who knows?

For thoses unlucy to read french, i made a bad translation to the letter than you can find bellow. it's not perfect but probably understandable. Thanks a lot to google trad for his help :D

Bests regards,

Kierrip

Correspondance7.jpg

Direct link to the letter

Claire,

I am writing to you this evening on board the Cutter of L'Agile to express my concern about not being able to keep the promise I made to you.
If I do not really fear for my life, except that the loss of those would deprive me of the pleasure of admiring you, I am afraid of being deprived of my honor.
The Swedes are everywhere. The French ; gone.

The reception at the governor's house would not have been worst placed than on Monday. The Alliance of Royal Corsairs (ACR clan) has gone for new shores.

We will not see them again.
The exotic fruits and flowers arranged on the tables could not completely hide the absence of so many captains and we passed a weird meal interspersed with toast to the health of the king and the prosperity of his colonies.
The governor of Fort Royal, you know what i think about him, could not hide the trembling of his hands at the announcement of the worst.

While we had no news of the Royal Squadron (ER clan) and the Familiy Mouth ( BAFF clan), they would have compromised themselves with pirates; Yes pirates!

Not hung in front of good people of Port Au Prince, already frightened at the idea of the misfortunes of the West Indies, the captains were broken from their command and demoted from the naval lists.

You may imagine in what fury these news may have thrown me. To compromise his honor! And yet ; here, far from you, we lack everything, everyone misses us.
What happiness, however, would it be to be able to squeeze his brothers in arms again into our arms? Who would not forget their forfeiture at the announcement of their return to fight the real enemies of our nation?

The British are no more than the shadow of what they were. The certain disintegration of their strength, which was seduced as much as sedition by Swedish flag, renders them vulnerable, and more than one captain has been tempted to indulge in gentle vengence.
Unfortunately, you know, Claire, I was born only to serve. And if I can not serve you today half a land separating us, I remain faithful to the courrone.

Order is given to the captains of His Majesty to keep our borders and especially to protect our young sailors. Every day the press brings new batch of future sailors. Every day brings its share of misfortune.
Cries and vociferations have nevertheless ceased in the taverns of Fort Royal. The city is depopulated and the countryside and manufactures are emptied. . Failures of resources and doublons, the economy to pereclite before even hatching.

At Fort Royal, everyone is hiding; The press rode. The replacement of our sailors is difficult as traders now avoid our ports.
Death rages everywhere and a heavy, smoky atmosphere hangs over Martinique.

We will not give up.

I sometimes give in to despair and try to convince me that ceding Guadeloupe is not giving up my honor. How many acres of land north have been worth since the Bridgtown mine was discovered? And yet my resolution falters.
To lose Guadeloupe, who will be accused in Paris? The royal corsairs who yielded to the difficulty of federating our forces, the French who yielded to the malice of the pirates, or the last captains to stand before the enemy?
What would I not give Claire to see the ramparts of Brest and your golden curls?

Tomorrow will bring us again its share of defections and disasters. Hope my heart that I remain far away even if every day the idea of leaving these sordid caribbean to find you haunts my thoughts.
With all my heart, rest assured that despite these tragic thoughts the memory of our goodbye does not leave me.

I will be worthy of you, of your family and your father will finally let us love us.

Yann from the fistinière

Edited by PIerrick de Badas
  • Like 17

I'm sorry i write it as a french on 1700 trying to speak to his lovely wife or wannabe wife. I don't think google trade could make it and i don't know if someone in french have the knowledge to make the bridge between our 2 language for that.

Next letter may be more formal and easy to translate :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

We need the english version cause google translator is...

It's kind of perfect, and adds to the realism, that the French would publish their news in French and just expect everyone else to suck it up and learn French. (Not being facetious Kierrip, just trying for some humour).

Why is English the lingua franca and not French anyway? It's literally called lingua franca.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

Don't Cry, jon, maybe the captain has been capture by pirates and the ship destroy? Or more probably he is on Gustavia Jail with halp Guadeloupe's population :D

lets hope le french résistance will free him out of jail soon!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

The Alliance of Royal Corsairs (ACR clan) has gone for new shores.

Viking shores*

Muehehehe

13 hours ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

To lose Guadeloupe, who will be accused in Paris? The royal corsairs who yielded to the difficulty of federating our forces

You should have think about this earlier, we warned everyone about the war and what is happening to France now but nobody listened or believed us. For over a year we followed every order without contesting, but this time it was too much.

Edited by Major General La Fayette
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Major General La Fayette said:

Viking shores*

Muehehehe

You should have think about this earlier, we warned everyone about the war and what is happening to France now but nobody listened or believed us. For over a year we followed every order without contesting, but this time it was too much.

How to listen to you when i was in holliday for 10 days? After have come back, i just sit to see the hell on Carebeans! ACR was the closest ally on french nation of EdR? Do you think we welcome your departure with pleasure? You should have warn me before althgouth you just told me one day before your departure about your intention. You didn't give me any choice or alternative but just give me the news.

Then, since you left we flip another port in antilles and ZF left BAFF for America. Things change, i can't sadly make you come back but for sure, france need any sailors it can have.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

How to listen to you when i was in holliday for 10 days? After have come back, i just sit to see the hell on Carebeans! ACR was the closest ally on french nation of EdR? Do you think we welcome your departure with pleasure? You should have warn me before althgouth you just told me one day before your departure about your intention. You didn't give me any choice or alternative but just give me the news.

We talked to Eric and many other officers from other clans but no one cared. I think we should have organized a small meeting a few days before the wipe, like I did for my clan. And I told you our choice one day after we decided to leave, we were supposed to discuss a bit more about it but everybody agreed to switch.

52 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

Then, since you left we flip another port in antilles and ZF left BAFF for America. Things change, i can't sadly make you come back but for sure, france need any sailors it can have.

As I said, we'll be back after next wipe, in some months. I heard some French went US too, maybe they want to hide after exploiting or anything else, idk. I'll repeat it again, you think we left because "we yielded to the difficulty" but we thinked about switching before any Port Battle against Sweden, some of us already had the idea months ago too, and if it was because of any kind of difficulty, then why we would have choose Danmark? It's not the easiest nation in the game but it's the most organized and friendliest nation with us.