Game-Labs Forum

pirates using outlaw battles to keep traders safe

We do not require port battles if have raiding. The problem you have @admin

****edit no longer allowed to post here after receiving multiple warnings (been advised that posting in a tribunal with non related comments is against forum rules and continueing to do do will result in bans)

@admin did everyone who commented on cap Francis get warnings!  as the mod who warned me Is now no longer willing to talk to me. All I'm looking for is clarification (yes mod I know you will give me another warning for asking this here)

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, seanjo said:

That's a Privateer or Merc.

If you look about every famous pirates they all started as Privateer for one nation or another.  Some for more than one. It's when there is no war that they tend to turn to Pirate.  Than a war starts up they get a pardon and than become Privateers once more.

• Like 2

It's too expensive to fight battles in anything above cutter, until you make a fortune. Private traders didn't battle Pirates, Nations Navy's did, let Pirates be Pirates but let Nations have a Navy, where you join for a price and Captain a ship appropriate to your rank already kitted out for battle.

Yeah thats a stoopid idea.

16 minutes ago, seanjo said:

It's too expensive to fight battles in anything above cutter, until you make a fortune. Private traders didn't battle Pirates, Nations Navy's did, let Pirates be Pirates but let Nations have a Navy, where you join for a price and Captain a ship appropriate to your rank already kitted out for battle.

Yeah thats a stoopid idea.

To be able to man bigger ships you need a higher rank currently...And to make a fortune you need bigger ships.

What you say is already in place in a way

4 hours ago, koltes said:

Pirates have no 1st rates BPs, while MUST participate in conquest due to the same need for the resources. This is a bigger exploit built into the game.
Having our traders saved is the only way we could stay competitive.
You can still farm traders from other nations. 

I agree 100%. The outlaw mechanic is more a negative than a positive really vs other nations... Any pirate squad could turn on you and take your ship. So this only bonus is more than justified. Pirates can't even buy SOL permits but still part of the RvR game? Kinda rubbish, don't you think? Just remove the LGV and Indiaman permits for pirates too and only give them the small traders. Nationals shouldn't be hunting pirate smugglers but fight other nations. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:

The ability to acquire a blueprint and permit is under review. Current implementation forces pirates to cooperate with national players which we don't yet know a good thing or a bad thing. Pirates can acquire the BPs using rogue friends in nations and this makes this feature fake. 

The outlaw battle is for settling score between pirates - and does not pull NPCs in. Thus all fleet ships and trader ships are not going to be pulled into the battle.

A fairly major exploit of the mechanic (invulnerable trade) has been identified.  How will it be addressed?

(p.s. - playing as pirate currently)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

found pirates using cutters as their main and traders in their fleet. when we would get close to them to tag they would tag each other. as a result their traders wouldn't be brought into outlawbattle. this allows traders to have safe passage as long as they travel together. This needs to be hot fixed fast pls. it is a clear exploit. perhaps outlaw battles are a fun mechanic but just cant be allowed in game due to the nature of pirates to want to exploit

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/766022581119805488/40F4F80ABF7FBD501105C067B79129213F505C5E/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/766022581119785426/C72DCF0A844712FBA24F1DBB57FC05AFC686460E/

3 hours ago, admin said:

The ability to acquire a blueprint and permit is under review. Current implementation forces pirates to cooperate with national players which we don't yet know a good thing or a bad thing. Pirates can acquire the BPs using rogue friends in nations and this makes this feature fake. 

The outlaw battle is for settling score between pirates - and does not pull NPCs in. Thus all fleet ships and trader ships are not going to be pulled into the battle.

@admin you still are not addressing the request for a hotfix for preventing pirates from hiding their traders. Green on green has always been exploited by rats. This is clearly just a new exploit, meaning this green on green version was not designed for hiding rat trader ships from legitimate attacks by nationals. If it is fair play then create a hotfix for nationals to be able to hide our traders from rats. So, @admin what is your response to KoC's issue?
IMHO, all AI ships should show in battle, including player fleet ships, even their traders.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jarlath Morrow said:

You ever sail past a lonely island or a cool inlet, and wonder what it would be like if the game let us build a "Pirate Den" there, like a small outpost?

I would love somewhere to hide my stolen ships and treasure - all the better if it's a hideout of one's own design!

THIS! Brilliant! @admin please make this a true sandbox.... even if this is only for rats.

Just now, Anne Wildcat said:

I thought basic cutters couldn't have fleets?

NO they can't be put in fleets from the port.  Though I found out the other day you can put it in your fleet in battle.  I forgot to switch to a trader when I ran to Blondal Cay to get Teak and just tagged a Trader.  Had my Trader stop and than switched ships. Got out of the battle and than did my trading.  Than head back home.  So yah you can't put it in fleet from in port.

25 minutes ago, Hodo said:

You mean alts.  Because that is how they will get things. 

shhhhhh *hides the BP's he got last night from some random kinda National*  We would never do a think like that now would we?

Though I do agree this feeds folks to use alts and other things.  I have no problem not having SOL's if we weren't part of the RvR system and was treated half like a bastard nation.  Though if your going to take them now we should get something in return to make up.  I said one soloution is to add more ships to our Pirates Den that are more to the nature of pirates such as some more 5th and 6th rates.  We have some in game they can do so with until some other features are added or changed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I think the Pirate Refit should be a pirate den only item.  Along with Nassau Boarders. 

To be honest I have to agree, but I think the same for the Spanish, French and Brit refits too and the other nations should have there own.  The only way to get these refits should be by capturing a ship from some one of those nations and you might luck out to get one refited with them.  That would make capturing ships way more rare surprise thing than how it is now.

It would also make every nation slightly there own from each other.

Wanted to add on testbed when I first got on it I thought Rattlesnake Figurehead was only int the Pirates Den.  That would been another thing they could of done was give pirates a few that the Nationals don't have.  Along with some of the ships not in game right now would be great in the shop.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Christendom said:

Historically pirates would use any trick in the book to get past nationals, this seems like an extension of that.  Sounds ok to me.  Frustrating perhaps.

KoC is just upset he can only club some of the seals, not all of them. 

Too bad they couldn´t make their trading ships invisible back then...

Honestly man, you can´t be serious. This exploit makes it impossible to attack/sink/capture their trading ships->game breaking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bommel said:

Too bad they couldn´t make their trading ships invisible back then...

Honestly man, you can´t be serious. This exploit makes it impossible to attack/sink/capture their trading ships->game breaking.

Yeah gamebreaking as if the second guy couldn't tag you instead to pull you into battle allowing the friendly trader to escape anyways...

• Like 1

why you are always crying for pirate faction?

no one said you to play as a pirate, and everyone is telling you that pirates don't have 1st rate or smaller high rates...but you choose pirate faction anyway! i don't want to insult you but this is a stupid choice. if you like to have 1st rate or more ships to build....play as a national...really simple.

so why are you still complaining about your poor nation? change it! or you want to cry until u receive ''GOD mode Perk'' as a exlusive rat perk with all BP, best woods, full coal and gold ports? rat have only 5th rate, stop.

do you want to play as a rat? only 5th rate.

do you want to play as a national? also 1st rate.

make your choice

if u want to answer in historical way, i tell you that historically rats were using only trade ship, never build 1...just put guns on unarmed merchants.

and stop using ALT to have things that other national player have playing correctly, stop being a child with his ''black flag'' crying because his big brother has a bigger one...

11 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

why you are always crying for pirate faction?

no one said you to play as a pirate, and everyone is telling you that pirates don't have 1st rate or smaller high rates...but you choose pirate faction anyway! i don't want to insult you but this is a stupid choice. if you like to have 1st rate or more ships to build....play as a national...really simple.

so why are you still complaining about your poor nation? change it! or you want to cry until u receive ''GOD mode Perk'' as a exlusive rat perk with all BP, best woods, full coal and gold ports? rat have only 5th rate, stop.

do you want to play as a rat? only 5th rate.

do you want to play as a national? also 1st rate.

make your choice

if u want to answer in historical way, i tell you that historically rats were using only trade ship, never build 1...just put guns on unarmed merchants.

and stop using ALT to have things that other national player have playing correctly, stop being a child with his ''black flag'' crying because his big brother has a bigger one...

Wow some one sounds a bit butt hurt, tell me where the mean pirate touched you?

You don't get it we have to be part of the national conquest so we should get the same things until we get our own mechanics.  No one is asking for "GOD MODE PERK."  We are asking to make us more like pirates or stop taking things away from us while we are treated as a nation. 

• Like 1

Maybe it is you who don´t get that you may have chosen the wrong "faction"? You knew what you were picking, and now it´s you guys who want to have more stuff.

You do not have to get involved in RvR as pirate, you could actually play as pirate and capture ships instead of wanting to build them.

Do missions or capture traders then buy anything up to 5th rate and go pirating. Do not chose pirate and act like a national.

I blame devs for not being "hardcore" when they decided to create the current pirate model like it is, but I also blame players that pick pirates and act like nationals (wanting to craft and capture ports).

The devs wanted to make the game way more "hardcore" (challenging) but yet they don´t alter the mechanics so that they are real pirates .

Maybe they don´t want to put that much coding work in it?

Again: Do not chose pirates if you want RvR and crafting, and then complain about their disadvantages regarding RvR and crafting...

It is the players that treat the Pirates as a RvR nation..because the game mechanic still allows it. I hope one day devs finally remove those mechanics and maybe we won´t see any pirates that are asking for something that has nothing to do with being a pirate.

If most Pirate players would be acting like pirates, devs would maybe see the need to give them pirate mechanics instead of what we have now. Acting like a nation but still wanting to be something else doesn´t really fit in my opinion.

Wouldn´t you like a real pirate experience more instead of this half baked nation?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Captain Lust said:

Yeah gamebreaking as if the second guy couldn't tag you instead to pull you into battle allowing the friendly trader to escape anyways...

Sure he could, but the way they are doing it now allows both of them to have fleet traders...

Besides that ,a counter tag is somehow realistic since one ships "attacks" the enemies to slow them down enough so the other ship can escape. And then the other ship will still be on OW and attackable. Quite a difference if you ask me. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Wow some one sounds a bit butt hurt, tell me where the mean pirate touched you?

You don't get it we have to be part of the national conquest so we should get the same things until we get our own mechanics.  No one is asking for "GOD MODE PERK."  We are asking to make us more like pirates or stop taking things away from us while we are treated as a nation. 

last answer then we should talk elsewhere cause we are on ''tribunal''.

pirate gameplay must be different by national gameplay. it have to be ''very hard'' and should not allow to build anithing, only cap by pvp...without ability to conquer ports but only to lose ports. it's a different gameplay! if you don't like the ''very hardcore gameplay'' don't choose pirate faction.

actually you look like the stubborn child who wants everything and cry if mom doesn' t afford it. you cannot build 1st rate, you cannot build nothing, you can't take port but can only loose them, you can't cap nothing but palyer's ships...it's ''pirate gameplay'', or should it be

is it too much hard for you? forged papers and come to a nation, stop asking national mechanics for pirate nation.

until you get your own mechanics, play as a national! you can't correct a mistake with another mistake, so you cannot receive the same national mechanics just because you don't want to accept the actual situation. 

29 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

last answer then we should talk elsewhere cause we are on ''tribunal''.

pirate gameplay must be different by national gameplay. it have to be ''very hard'' and should not allow to build anithing, only cap by pvp...without ability to conquer ports but only to lose ports. it's a different gameplay! if you don't like the ''very hardcore gameplay'' don't choose pirate faction.

actually you look like the stubborn child who wants everything and cry if mom doesn' t afford it. you cannot build 1st rate, you cannot build nothing, you can't take port but can only loose them, you can't cap nothing but palyer's ships...it's ''pirate gameplay'', or should it be

is it too much hard for you? forged papers and come to a nation, stop asking national mechanics for pirate nation.

until you get your own mechanics, play as a national! you can't correct a mistake with another mistake, so you cannot receive the same national mechanics just because you don't want to accept the actual situation. 

Wow man you might want to go check you BP or something, don't want you to kill over, so much hate and name calling.  Well As I just noticed where this was I'm heading off this topic too.   I take it you prob don't play pirate either?  It's always the Nats that act like this and think like this.  LOL  Later.

For a more clear explanation:

- First iteration of Outlaw Battles. It is working as per design.

- Outlaw battles setup will be reviewed after more pressing game breaking issues are addressed - e.g. no UI shop glitch, rewards bugs, etc

• Like 2