Game-Labs Forum

That Moment When You Learn Your Name Means Something Else

OneEyedSnake

Story time, and a bit about myself. 

I have always loved the reptile serpiente, all of them. I remember one time seeing at a reptile rally down in Florida a snake, refrain from trolling for the love of God, with only one eye. She was a beautiful Burmese Python, and I don't remember her owners name, I could care less about that. Anyways I wanted to hold her as I'd never handled a decent sized Burma before, she was right around 8 feet, we were getting along just fine until she decided my wrist looked threatening or like a mouse, I just moved to fast. And she took quite the bite, in fact I still have scars around my wrist from her teeth in either side. Clearly my mistake. 

Now when I made my character name, I wanted something a bit piratey, a bit vicious, something a bit striking and memorable. Well, I remember my experience, and what made it even better was the idea of One Eye. I liked that idea, of being battle hardened, and combined with my memory of that darned One Eyed Burmese I came up with my name. OneEyedSnake. A sailor that strikes with furry, battle hardened, and something many consider to be the Devils kin. Sly and always ready to fight my character and persona was born.

Fast forward to November or December of 2016. I ran into some fellows along the way, and one of them on teamspeak looks at my name and quizickly asks how I haven't been banned. I was very confused. Another month goes by and then some smart arse, perhaps it was you @Davos Seasworth, comments how my name is such a smart arse name clearly meaning a certain part of a certain body. Now at the time I laughed a bit, thinking he was just being clever. Then I urban dictionaried this ludicracy. This was in fact slang. I did not know that, and well, now I do. And after feeling like some people think I am fitting of my name too well, I decided to give a background on it, and also hopefully ease a certain moderator that seems very deadset on trying to remove me from the forums thinking I am just a troll. I can see how that is believed, but no, my name is not what you think it is, now get your heads out of the gutters. :lol:

Godspeed,

OneEyedSnake

• Like 6

Wait you never knew that was a nick for the willy AKA little man?

Every one thinks my name is from Full Metal Jacket.  As you can see in my Avator it's off an old concerts shirt from a DEADHORSE (local Houston Metal band) that I got NYE 96 when I was home on leave from the Navy.  Still got the shirt and wear it still.  Folks started to say it all the time when I wore it so I started to use it as my game tag to replace LIKEORASGOD (My first name is Michael and that is what it means).   To many folks keep asking me if I got all religious or something with that name.

Really you didn't know what One Eyed Snake was?  LOL thanks for the good laugh man.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Wait you never knew that was a nick for the willy AKA little man?

Every one thinks my name is from Full Metal Jacket.  As you can see in my Avator it's off an old concerts shirt from a DEADHORSE (local Houston Metal band) that I got NYE 96 when I was home on leave from the Navy.  Still got the shirt and wear it still.  Folks started to say it all the time when I wore it so I started to use it as my game tag to replace LIKEORASGOD (My first name is Michael and that is what it means).   To many folks keep asking me if I got all religious or something with that name.

Really you didn't know what One Eyed Snake was?  LOL thanks for the good laugh man.

I seriously had no idea at all. You think you had a good laugh. Man when I found out, that was priceless