Game-Labs Forum

Are we able to Nation swap and keep our ranks still?

Etherton

Question

Ive been away from the game a few months due to irl and ive come back to a complete wipe of the game and saw posts from months back saying about nation switches. 

I wondered if i am still able to swap my nation without losing my rank and craft xp rank?

Im yet to play since the update so i havent yet logged in but i 1. Dont really wanna lose commodore that was almost RA with level 50 crafting and 2. I really dont want to be USA lol

Any info is great from you folks!

11 answers to this question

Yes you can. If you haven't played yet you have two shots at choosing your nation. 

1. before redeeming anything, delete your current char, pick nation
  2. after redeeming your stuff you can use the forged paper redeemable. You were given one and you can purchase more at any time - they are not cheap though.

Forged papers require you to have a bit of cash to close outposts etc.

Edited by Snoopy
  • Like 1

Thanks guys! Didnt want to risk deleting my player incase i lost everything! Cheers for the help and hope to see some of you on the seas :D

Another quick question, how long must i wait between deleting my character and creating a new one with the same name? I get a box appear stating its been too soon since the account with that name was deleted. Wondered how long i need to wait?

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:05 AM, admin said:

if you HAVE NOT USED  the redeemables you can just delete the player

if you HAVE USED the redeemables the only way to change nation is forged papers

surely there are forged papers to buy in case you used 1 already.   Or do I have to delete this game from my computer permanently.

8 minutes ago, EL LOCO said:

surely there are forged papers to buy in case you used 1 already.

Character transfers are in plans post release, not during testing phases, maybe. No mechanic to do that in the near future.

so I just quit the game completely.   The hotfixes you recently did wiped out the reason why I switched in the beginning.    Post release?   Longest access game alpha/beta I have ever played.    I guess I will just not play/test this game til post release.     

On 2017-5-29 at 7:05 PM, admin said:

if you HAVE NOT USED  the redeemables you can just delete the player

if you HAVE USED the redeemables the only way to change nation is forged papers

I did this, created a new character, and all i got was my yacht and 2 forged papers. no exp, lost other redeemable ships. so id personally do NOT recommend this.