Game-Labs Forum

Logout at sea - known issue

admin

If you logout at sea there is a decent (but small) chance that you will be teleported to a random place in the center of the map. We are looking for this bug, but its very complex. If you log out at sea if your provider loses the packet it wont be saved on server (we dont store anything on the client to avoid cheats completely). Because the packet is lost the game will try to place you somewhere in the center of the map

Please try to dock in ports if you have the chance. If you logout at sea you will waste your TP or will have to sail a long time. 

• Like 1

Deutsch: ich mich gestern auf see ausgeloggt in nähe frederikstedt und vor 3 min eingeloggt und wurde hoch geportet nach wenig inagua mitten ins piraten gebiet .hatte vor dem aus einem eindänner trader brig aufgebracht musste denn zur arbeit und loggte mich mit dem schiff suprise und dem Fleetschiff Trader Brig zusammen aus. Habe extra den Knopf Warten gedrückt. Mfg draskon

Ps: server pvp eu 1

Edited by DRASKON
nachtrag

I logged out on the OS near Frederiksted yesterday and when I login today I got teleported into pirate borders (somewhere around inagua?)

Bevore logout I captured a danish traders brig but had to log off immediately since I had to go to work. I was sailing a Surprise and the Trader Brig was in my fleet after the battle.

I used the option to wait for the timer to log off. (did not quit the game immediately)

- english version.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DRASKON said:

Deutsch: ich mich gestern auf see ausgeloggt in nähe frederikstedt und vor 3 min eingeloggt und wurde hoch geportet nach wenig inagua mitten ins piraten gebiet .hatte vor dem aus einem eindänner trader brig aufgebracht musste denn zur arbeit und loggte mich mit dem schiff suprise und dem Fleetschiff Trader Brig zusammen aus. Habe extra den Knopf Warten gedrückt. Mfg draskon

Ps: server pvp eu 1

Captain, make sure to always F11 such cases

anm: In solchen Fällen bitte immer die F11 Funktion nutzen. Kann auch in deutsch geschrieben werden, das wird dann übersetzt - Bungee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Genma Saotome said:

Don't know if this is related or not but I was logged out for inactivity and on signing in again the ship wreck (sealed bottle) I was sailing to was relocated.  The wreck moved from west of Aves to west of Fredericksted. At least it wasn't lost!  

Please make sure to report it via F11 next time it happens.

Regarding player random teleportation issue - we have added additional tools to track the issue more deeply, please continue to report such cases via F11.

On 12.07.2017 at 11:52 AM, Scrouch said:

I logged off in front of Fort-Royal. 

When I came back in game I was teleported in front of Gustavia ...

I lost my Reno.

Already use F11.

Bye NA.

Captain, you have to use exit from Open World only as last resort - there is a warning about that when you try to exit from OW. In the next patch this issue should be fixed.